Help With Build List - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Help With Build List

Airaid CAI
Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner
BBK 73mm Throttle Body
Airaid Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer
Motive Performance Plus 3.73 Gears
J&M Extreme Joint Rear LCA's and UCA's
J&M Adjustable Panhard Bar
Accel Super Coil On Plug Kit

Currently all I've done is put Magnaflow Catback's on my V6. Compared to my friends brand new 2014 V6 you can already feel it has better acceleration, especially doing a burnout. I'm not trying to race or go over board with mods, but would like to get my V6 running smoother and have some more power to pass others on the highway.

When I do a burnout my car does kind of lose control and tries going side to side, will the LCA's, UCA's, and Panhard Bar solve that issue? Also is the throttle body spacer and 73mm tb worth getting and does it fit with the Airaid CAI, heard both sides? I did hear that the spacer gives out a nice sounding whistle which sounds interesting. Are LT headers worth buying with an x-pipe? Finally will the accel super coil on plug kit help with mpg's and is it necessarily needed?

Thanks and I'm open to other brands
AcesNeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesNeight View Post
Airaid CAI
BBK 73mm Throttle Body

Currently all I've done is put Magnaflow Catback's on my V6. Compared to my friends brand new 2014 V6 you can already feel it has better acceleration, especially doing a burnout. I'm not trying to race or go over board with mods, but would like to get my V6 running smoother and have some more power to pass others on the highway.

When I do a burnout my car does kind of lose control and tries going side to side, will the LCA's, UCA's, and Panhard Bar solve that issue? Also is the throttle body spacer and 73mm tb worth getting and does it fit with the Airaid CAI, heard both sides? I did hear that the spacer gives out a nice sounding whistle which sounds interesting. Are LT headers worth buying with an x-pipe? Finally will the accel super coil on plug kit help with mpg's and is it necessarily needed?

You have one hell of a build list going. Those mods will turn your Pony into an absolute beast! I'm glad to see that you're focusing on Suspension also. That is one of the most important departments on a car that is commonly skipped over. However, there's no real point in adding a ton of power if you can't actually put that power to the ground! That's where the Upper and Lower Control Arms come into play.

I would personally skip the Throttle Body Spacer if you're going to do an actual 73MM Throttle Body. There's no need to run both of them. Most guys will run the Spacer until they get a Throttle body or something similar to this! Instead of the TB Spacer, I would add a Cold Air Intake. There is a lot of great Intake/Tuner Combo's out there and you can't really go wrong. Airaid and JLT are the most popular options. I've ran them both on a few different Mustangs and the gains are very similar. I ended up going with the Carbon Fiber Airaid on my 2011 GT because the added looks sold me!

The feeling that you're experiencing when doing a burnout sounds pretty normal. Once the tires get really hot they will move from side to side or whatever way you cut the wheel. Adding Suspension won't necessarily prevent that but it will help you get off the line better and use the power that you have.

Long Tubes and an X-Pipe is a great modification. This is one of my personal favorite mods for sure. Besides the really aggressive exhaust note that you get, the added power and torque is great! Your car will throw a check engine light with no cats, however we can turn the O2's off within your tune so you'll be in good shape there. As far as the Accel Super Coils go. They're definitely a great mod. You will see a gain in MPG but if your stock coils aren't bad or damaged then they're not 100% necessary. You will see some small gains though!

Last but not least, your stock injectors will be fine for all of these mods. You won't really need to change them unless you add a Blower, Built motor or Nitrous. The Stock Injectors will get the job done for bolt ons!

I hope this helps. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. I'd be glad to help!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Airaid CAI
BBK 73mm Throttle Body

Great build. Respectfully, I would purchase ceramic BBK long tube headers and mid pipe , off road or high flowing x pipe depending on your emission testing or lack there of. Lol. Unless your gonna lower your car, no need for a panhard bar. I would also strongly recommend LCA's. I have the J&M lower control arms for $100 from AM and are awesome. No more wheel hop.

I personally wouldn't spend 400 dollars for a larger throttle body but that's just me. If your hell bent on one, I would pick up a pre owned one for no more than 200 dollars. Unless you have a full exhaust set up and a larger intake manifold, I really would not waste my money on the larger throttle body. The intake manifold we have is only so big so regardless how big the throttle body may be, the opening of the intake manifold can only take in so much air.

That's why a lot of v6 performance enthusiasts are getting a port and polish!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Airaid CAI
BBK 73mm Throttle Body

When it comes to your suspension mods I would focus on the LCA's and UCA's. Panhard bars are only necessary if you're planning to lower the car and you need to recenter the rear axle. On the performance side of things the CAI and tune should be your first mods as these will help unlock the V6's true potential, followed by the 73mm TB. It will fit with the Airaid you just need to stretch the rubber connector so that it will fit around the larger TB. Skip the spacer, it really does nothing for your performance. And yes, LT headers are def worth it IMO. Just know that if you get a x-pipe with it there will be rasp. You can fix that by adding some resonators. Or do what I did and get the MAC O/R Pro Chamber shorty mid-pipe. It will give your 'Stang a nice muscle car rumble.
MadGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like everyone's got me talked into LT headers and an x-pipe haha. What kind of performance gains can I expect from them?
Old 03-15-2014, 12:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds like everyone's got me talked into LT headers and an x-pipe haha. What kind of performance gains can I expect from them?
I'm not sure on HP and torque gains for long tubes and x pipe only but my 11 V6 made 294 rwhp and 268 rwtq with my bama tune. Here is my power mods for the dyno

91 Hybrid tune
Airraid CAI
BBK Ceramic Long tube headers
Off Road X Pipe
Flowmaster Force II axle backs.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

That's about what I'm looking for. I may go for 4.10 gears instead of 3.73, currently I have 3.31 from the performance package. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's about what I'm looking for. I may go for 4.10 gears instead of 3.73, currently I have 3.31 from the performance package. Thanks for the help!
I have 3:73 gears and am real happy with them. Glad I could help!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang