Warranty Safe Mods for 2013 V6 Premium - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #1

Region: Florida
Warranty Safe Mods for 2013 V6 Premium

Hey guys, first time post...

Alright so I have had my baby for the last year, racked up 25k miles(well broken in) and have finally started to get the urge to do some modding...

My question is this, are there any tunes that are warranty safe? I only ask since I got an excellent deal on an extended warranty(120k/6yr for $1.8k)

I was also looking at adding the gt-500 mufflers as well

Any thoughts on either of these mods would be much appreciated

Thanks
Ryn_Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #2

Region: Canada
IN CANADA:

Anything that is modified on the car and causes the failure will void your warranty. Not sure if this is the same for the US. It's really up to the dealer! I would put mods on that are easy to take off for any warranty work. I wouldn't recommend tuning the car as it's still up in the air if the dealer can see that the ECU has been flashed.
ryster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #3

Ah darn! I'm sure the rules are very similar here in the us, if not the exact same...

I really wanted to look into some performance mods but at the same times don't wanna void that warranty...

Guess I can stick with appearance mods as well as exhaust for now...

Btw, does anyone know where I can get the GT/CS spoiler for the 13-14 models? I have seen a bunch of fakes but wondered if there was a place that sells the real deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The rule is that the dealer has to proove and show that the mod caused the damage or issue. For instance just adding new exhaust then having an issue will not void warranty. They have to show that was the cause. Look up Magnuson-Moss Act
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryn_Dynasty View Post
Hey guys, first time post...

Alright so I have had my baby for the last year, racked up 25k miles(well broken in) and have finally started to get the urge to do some modding...

My question is this, are there any tunes that are warranty safe? I only ask since I got an excellent deal on an extended warranty(120k/6yr for $1.8k)

I was also looking at adding the gt-500 mufflers as well

Any thoughts on either of these mods would be much appreciated

Thanks

Welcome! Since you just joined this morning, I would recommend browsing through the threads as well as using the search function for things you are interested in just to get a feel for what is out there. Believe it or not, the things you are asking about have been discussed repeatedly, so there is a wealth of information already out there that should get you up to speed. Hope that helps!
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Ford Racing.

and as far as the Moss Act. If Ford says your wtty is void it's up to you to prove it. That falls under the possesion is 9/10ths of the law rule. Ford has possesion of what you want (wtty service) if they say you cant have it it's up to you to get a court to change their mind.

mufflers will not void a wtty, a tune quite possibly will. Remember to talk with your dealer customer attitude will help/hurt your experience. If they say it's ok although they may mean it I doubt they'll put it in writing.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #7

Did some digging around and found some answers

And strange mud, I was thinking just that, probably a good idea to atleast try to get it in writing, just incase...

Gonna go talk to them this weekend about the tune, I've read in some forums the dealers will allow steeda tunes, but we will see

Thanks
Old 03-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I would recommend Steeda for a tune at the least, since they have a good history with Ford.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Steeda tunes are very safe & we have had 0 issues when it comes to warranty claims against our tune.

The same tunes we use on our serialized vehicles that are sold through Ford dealerships are the same tunes we write for our consumers.

We won't provide the most power because we know the limitations of these engines and there is only so much "safe" power you are going to get out of them.

You will be very happy with Steeda ... 0 warranty issues.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:45 AM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
I also worry about my warranty and as such I will stick with steeda for all my performance stuff. I'm not trying to set any records or be the best.
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang