LED GT Fog Lights on a V6 Premium - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:01 AM   #1

Region: Texas
LED GT Fog Lights on a V6 Premium

First post here.

I have had my 2014 V6 for about 6 months now and I have seen a few other mustangs out in the world with both the GT style fog lights and the projector fog lights that come on some V6's. What I am trying to find out is how I can add the GT LED fog lights to my car. I have been online searching for places that sell the kits and I have found plenty of those but they all require you to get rid of the original fog lights and I dont want to do that.

There has to be a kit out there that allows me to just add the LED fogs to my current set up.

Anyone know of any?

Thanks for your help
rdillemuth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 02:15 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I'm in the same situation haha. I can't find any LED fog light bulbs on AM to change out, which I'm not even sure if that'll work. I have my fog lights behind my grille and don't want to change that, but it would look way better with matching LED's like the headlights. I'm still pondering why they didn't make them LED's in the first place...
AcesNeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Call Starkey, he has a kit that put the GT fog in the Grill [Like I have now] and you can get an extra harness he had he told me about that lets the original low mounted fogs also still run at the same time. Note that some states don't allow more than 4 main [white normally] lights on at the same time (2 headlights, 2 auxiliary lights) so check your state laws and those of states you plan to cruze in. [State laws can be crazy, talk about number of yellow or white lights etc]

http://www.starkey-products.com/must...t-v6-gtcs-2013

He also has lower fog light kits for those that already have GT grill fogs or none at all.
http://www.starkey-products.com/must...a-special-2013

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #4

That is great! Yea I want to add the led fogs and I already have the lower projector fog lights. Luckily in Texas you can pretty much have as many lights on the front of your car as you want. Much appreciated.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdillemuth06 View Post
That is great! Yea I want to add the led fogs and I already have the lower projector fog lights. Luckily in Texas you can pretty much have as many lights on the front of your car as you want. Much appreciated.
I do love the freedom that the Republic Of Texas has!
And that miles long racing track when they close down that freeway of yours
Old 03-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Legally, you can only have four forward facing lamps on at one time here in Texas. This is the link TRANSPORTATION CODE CHAPTER 547. VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
It's in Sec. 547.302. DUTY TO DISPLAY LIGHTS.
You can have as many lights up front, just can't have all of them on at once. I want to add GT lamps to mine also, but it would be illegal to have all six lit up.
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
dj2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2014 View Post
Legally, you can only have four forward facing lamps on at one time here in Texas. This is the link TRANSPORTATION CODE CHAPTER 547. VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
It's in Sec. 547.302. DUTY TO DISPLAY LIGHTS.
You can have as many lights up front, just can't have all of them on at once. I want to add GT lamps to mine also, but it would be illegal to have all six lit up.
Thanks DJ, so much for freedom of the Republic
Old 03-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Thanks DJ, so much for freedom of the Republic
Yep, kinda sucks. I was hoping rdillemuth06 was right.
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2014 View Post
Yep, kinda sucks. I was hoping rdillemuth06 was right.

Well I may be wrong but my last car definitely had more than 4 lights on at once and I had been pulled over for other reasons and never had a problem. But oh well if it's a law then it's a law. Probably won't stop me though. Just means adding another switch if necessary.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I may be wrong but my last car definitely had more than 4 lights on at once and I had been pulled over for other reasons and never had a problem. But oh well if it's a law then it's a law. Probably won't stop me though. Just means adding another switch if necessary.
A switch is what I was thinking also.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #11

Region: Pennsylvania
Reading this post and I have a question. We have a 2013 GT convertible and I really like the fog lights she has. I just bought a 2013 V6 Coupe and would like to have the same grille and lights. Is it possible to find a GT grille and put it in the V6 and get the fog lights to work? My husband has been looking for an answer to this for my new car and can't seem to get much info.
lexynjoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexynjoesmom View Post
Reading this post and I have a question. We have a 2013 GT convertible and I really like the fog lights she has. I just bought a 2013 V6 Coupe and would like to have the same grille and lights. Is it possible to find a GT grille and put it in the V6 and get the fog lights to work? My husband has been looking for an answer to this for my new car and can't seem to get much info.
Here are the kits to do this at Stakeys, what you see to the left on my Avatar is this first item.

If you have lower fogs already
Mustang GT-Style Fog Light Conversion Kit - Fits V6 and GT/CS (2013-2014)

If you have NO fogs alreadym so it also has wiring harness and inside switch replacement
Mustang GT-Style LED Fog Light Kit - Fits V6 and Boss 302 (2013-2014)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang