2014 procharger kit - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
What? I've been told our cars have a terminal velocity of 120 mph- are you sure?

(I believe you, just want to clarify.)
Your not skydiving or going back in time. Your mustang has a speed limiter on it. It will shut down at 113. You have to remove that with a tune and replace factory driveshaft with an aluminum one.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Pointe is if u f I ur 3.7 a one piece is a must imo
Old 03-16-2014, 08:26 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13savage6 View Post
U can hit 160 + no joke, really
Going off of motor power, and published Cda with the rest of the dimensions, on summer fuel, in the afternoon, on a basic road, top speed should be aerodynamically limited to 165-170 mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Your not skydiving or going back in time. Your mustang has a speed limiter on it. It will shut down at 113. You have to remove that with a tune and replace factory driveshaft with an aluminum one.
I have, but one doesn't have to, lol. Should be able to get a run or two in, if someone dared to on a closed circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13savage6 View Post
Pointe is if u f I ur 3.7 a one piece is a must imo
What?

Came up in another thread, can't shake the thought. I don't personally go that fast, but I swapped in the aluminum DS the other day. Haven't noticed much of a difference- using more fuel than usual, but that's because I have been driving my Insight for a while and I am having a hard restraining myself with that exhaust- twice the cylinders, over 3.7x the volume, barely keeping my lifetime average lol

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

What? I've been told our cars have a terminal velocity of 120 mph- are you sure?

(I believe you, just want to clarify.)
I don't know anything about a terminal velocity but I have a performance tune, one piece aluminum driveshaft. It was smooth, steady at 140 mph and she was still pulling. I'm guessing she had another 10 to 15 mph in her had I kept going.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Terminal velocity:

"The terminal velocity of a falling object is the velocity of the object when the sum of the drag force (Fd) and buoyancy equals the downward force of gravity (FG) acting on the object. Since the net force on the object is zero, the object has zero acceleration.[1]
In fluid dynamics, an object is moving at its terminal velocity if its speed is constant due to the restraining force exerted by the fluid through which it is moving.
As the speed of an object increases, the drag force acting on the object, resultant of the substance (e.g., air or water) it is passing through, increases. At some speed, the drag or force of resistance will equal the gravitational pull on the object (buoyancy is considered below). At this point the object ceases to accelerate and continues falling at a constant speed called terminal velocity (also called settling velocity). An object moving downward with greater than terminal velocity (for example because it was thrown downwards or it fell from a thinner part of the atmosphere or it changed shape) will slow down until it reaches terminal velocity. Drag depends on the projected area, and this is why objects with a large projected area relative to mass, such as parachutes, have a lower terminal velocity than objects with a small projected area relative to mass, such as bullets."
Excerpt provided by Wikipedia.

Long story short, the dimensions and Cd of an object when being pulled down by gravity dictate the fastest it can travel. If being powered, the limiting factor is power. Ideal conditions in a stock 2011-2014 with only the governor removed, would yield ~165-170 mph top speed.

Short story shorter, I believe you- be safe at those speeds!

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 03-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Wow really? Talkin bout clearing things up huh
Old 03-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

lol, sorry, not trying to pull off topic. If you want to see your aerodynamically limited top speed when you have a procharger, one can use this tool- most comprehensive I have seen without looking up the equations myself: Aerodynamic & rolling resistance, power & MPG calculator - EcoModder.com

The data in there is not for the Mustang, one will have to put in the right numbers. One will see using the tool, aerodynamic drag is actually greater than rolling resistance by as low as 5 mph, depending on car and circumstances.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:51 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Terminal velocity:

"The terminal velocity of a falling object is the velocity of the object when the sum of the drag force (Fd) and buoyancy equals the downward force of gravity (FG) acting on the object. Since the net force on the object is zero, the object has zero acceleration.[1]
In fluid dynamics, an object is moving at its terminal velocity if its speed is constant due to the restraining force exerted by the fluid through which it is moving.
As the speed of an object increases, the drag force acting on the object, resultant of the substance (e.g., air or water) it is passing through, increases. At some speed, the drag or force of resistance will equal the gravitational pull on the object (buoyancy is considered below). At this point the object ceases to accelerate and continues falling at a constant speed called terminal velocity (also called settling velocity). An object moving downward with greater than terminal velocity (for example because it was thrown downwards or it fell from a thinner part of the atmosphere or it changed shape) will slow down until it reaches terminal velocity. Drag depends on the projected area, and this is why objects with a large projected area relative to mass, such as parachutes, have a lower terminal velocity than objects with a small projected area relative to mass, such as bullets."
Excerpt provided by Wikipedia.

Long story short, the dimensions and Cd of an object when being pulled down by gravity dictate the fastest it can travel. If being powered, the limiting factor is power. Ideal conditions in a stock 2011-2014 with only the governor removed, would yield ~165-170 mph top speed.

Short story shorter, I believe you- be safe at those speeds!
Yeah, but if I increase the boost on my flux capacitor will I reach maximum velocity before or after a Gt500?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Never said it was

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

They should have used the same 2 piece the coyotes use

Actually there are less than 5 V6 reported drive-shaft breaking. All the videos I have seen are copies of the original 3.

The GTV8 drive 2-piece shaft breaking is the only reported incident I can find on SafeCars.gov. So GTs break as well. Report was , "son was doing burn outs, and drive shaft broke. Took to dealer and they refused to pay for repalcement under warranty." Ya think
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I mean I have done 210 on a turboed
Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
My 2 piece held up to 650 hp and 650 tq for quite awhile.

Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
My 2 piece held up to 650 hp and 650 tq for quite awhile.

I would think so, unless you were also putting drift stress on it as well alot. When you say "for awhile", do you mean you replaced it, or it broke? My guess is it didn't break and you replaced it with that monster torque your putting out.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:54 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It never broke i replaced it, When we jumped up the nitrous. .

Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang