2014 procharger kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
2014 procharger kit

When is this kit coming out??!!!

I've asked American muscle and they have no clue. Does anyone have an idea when this will be available or what the difference between the older kits are? I'll be coming back from Afghanistan in a couple months and plan on putting one on with my dad....
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Go with a turbo on the v6 bud. You will be alot more pleased

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

A lot of people say that. I still believe in a muscle car( granted its a v6) should be supercharged.

I have been reading about the turbos and I like the output but I just can't bring myself to doit.
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangstandard View Post
A lot of people say that. I still believe in a muscle car( granted its a v6) should be supercharged.

I have been reading about the turbos and I like the output but I just can't bring myself to doit.
Hey whars up op, turbo is the best option in my opinion . The reson being is the output is better also has more potential in the long run for even more hp. True a supercharger has deep roots in the muscle car crowd, but the fastest muscle cars usually have a turbo setup, new age muscle= new age forced induction.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I completely agree with you but I can't brig myself to do it. I may be having a change of heart though
Old 03-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I don't think Procharger will release an update for 13-14 models. You will have to use the 11-12 which requires some slight modifications. What, I'm not sure of. Call procharger. I was the same as you and didn't want to do a turbo setup but the limitless performance turbo makes great numbers and seems like a better option for the longevity of the engine. Unless you plan on doing forged internals a procharger will to reduce your engines lifespan more so than a turbo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I completely agree with you but I can't brig myself to do it. I may be having a change of heart though
Turbo is better bro trust me. Plus everyone expects to hear and see procarger setups on our 3.7s youll kill em when they figure out its a turbo.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Turbo makes torque and torque is fun. So much more tuning capabilities too. You want more boost you can have it without swapping pullies

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
grabberbluedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
One of the biggest buzz kill for me the the Turbo exhaust sound is not like blower exhaust sound, and you normally end up with a single exhaust with a single turbo.

Now my buddy loves Turbo Exhaust sound, he grew up tunin' late 80's turbo Buick Grand Nationals that were chewin' up the Corvettes. So there are plenty folks that love that, Turbos are "Very" popular. Turbo guys will say they don't like the Supercharger Whine noise for example. [Dude , is your power steering belt making noise?] Different strokes for different folks.

To the OP, StangStandard; From what I looked at this very thing, you need a 11-12 tuner kit from Procharger, and find a big name shop (Steeda?) or good local dyno tuner shop to do the inter cooler mods , injectors, and custom tune for you.

You could always get Kount Kustom in Vegas to do the kit for you
[Just Kidin' ]

Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Unless you plan on doing forged internals a procharger will to reduce your engines lifespan more so than a turbo.
How and where did this come from? I would like to know. As far as I can tell, PSI at a particular temperature is PSI either from a Turbo or a Charger. I am not saying you are wrong, but I am looking for actual facts here. Is this about no boost on a Turbo at low rpms and Boost all the time on a Charger? I thought valves, pop-offs, and waste gates control what you want on that with either style of forced induction.

Turbos can add more heat under the hood , SuperChargers add another parasitic accessory the engine has to turn with a belt.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Is this about no boost on a Turbo at low rpms and Boost all the time on a Charger?

Turbos can add more heat under the hood , SuperChargers add another parasitic accessory the engine has to turn with a belt.

You pretty much answered your own question. With either one it's a good idea to go forged internals at some point if your thinking about longevity of the engine 150K + mi. The Procharger with the parasitic draw is more of a strain than the turbo even with the heat. The limitless kit boast they have the largest inter cooler available for the 3.7!in there turbo kit. I'm not necessarily trying to promote there stuff as I haven't seen it first hand and haven't seen many pictures or results from the kit, we're all still waiting on definitive results but the preliminary ones seem good. There is a thread on here about it.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You pretty much answered your own question. With either one it's a good idea to go forged internals at some point if your thinking about longevity of the engine 150K + mi. The Procharger with the parasitic draw is more of a strain than the turbo even with the heat. The limitless kit boast they have the largest inter cooler available for the 3.7!in there turbo kit. I'm not necessarily trying to promote there stuff as I haven't seen it first hand and haven't seen many pictures or results from the kit, we're all still waiting on definitive results but the preliminary ones seem good. There is a thread on here about it.
I have read the thread. I don't agree the parasitic draw of Vortec or Procharger's is more damaging to the engine then the Turbo heat and exhaust pressure. Where is the data? Plenty is available in the V8 world on this issue. In God we trust, all others must bring data
Old 03-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I haven't seen but maybe one turbo 3.7 live. I've seen quite a few procharged ones do just fine. I do know that there are a lot more procharged ones around but still.. The new LPF kit is really going to have to show me some good stuff and that people can run it and not blow anything up to convince me to buy it.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I don't have any data for it but it makes since that if the engine has more drag on it it will wear out faster. I suppose if you don't beat on it it will last a while but I still don't see a Procharger lasting the same amount of time as a turbo.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:43 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
When is this kit coming out??!!!

I've asked American muscle and they have no clue. Does anyone have an idea when this will be available or what the difference between the older kits are? I'll be coming back from Afghanistan in a couple months and plan on putting one on with my dad....
Procharger has the Superchargers for the 3.7s from 2011 to 2014 already. Look in their catalog for Mustangs.

It may be awhile till American Muscle gets them. Probably not enough people interested for them to start making up and selling to all their distributors. Not many people will pay that much money or have the extra money.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby2013 View Post
I do know that there are a lot more procharged ones around but still.. The new LPF kit is really going to have to show me some good stuff and that people can run it and not blow anything up to convince me to buy it.

Yea I agree I waiting to see what it can do and if it's going to be any good. I really don't think Procharger will come through with a new kit but from what I heard the modifications to make it fit on 13-14 aren't much. I'm holding out until the end of the year to see what's around or if we'll be forgotten with the new turbo 4 banger. Lol
Old 03-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I don't have any data for it but it makes since that if the engine has more drag on it it will wear out faster. I suppose if you don't beat on it it will last a while but I still don't see a Procharger lasting the same amount of time as a turbo.
Not generally always correct. The drag comparable to a super heavy duty alternator is going to ruin your engine vs. heat and exhaust pressure? The V8 crowd already solved this so unless you research the data, and provide reference quotes; I can't accept it.

Cheat Sheet [Its about the same either way]
Old 03-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Basically what I'm saying is that I wanna see someone with a Procharger and a ***** load of miles on it and ther engine. My troop I supervise has ~70 mi. on his '12 turbo 3.7 50 of which is with the turbo kit on it and he has had zero problems on it. He doesn't have any problems with heat. I'm not disagreeing with you it just seems to me like it would be easier to manage heat and as suppose to the drag the Procharger has.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that I wanna see someone with a Procharger and a ***** load of miles on it and ther engine. My troop I supervise has ~70 mi. on his '12 turbo 3.7 50 of which is with the turbo kit on it and he has had zero problems on it. He doesn't have any problems with heat. I'm not disagreeing with you it just seems to me like it would be easier to manage heat and as suppose to the drag the Procharger has.
Just research the data, in a fully diverse sample group; like what is called "researching." Unless you follow the scientific principle, it is subjective hearsay. I have been in Market Research for over 20 years, that above doesn't cut it as "fully" valid supporting data. It is supporting data, but does not have a diverse sample group.

On the other hand, parasitic drag is not really much of a engine killing problem then the MPG or loss of say up to 10% of extra HRP problem it is. Look at it this way, like Super Heavy Duty alternators are killing truck engines....

The PSI boost is the most problem that will kill your engine in the long run; It is shared by both Turbo and Chargers. Next is Heat and Drag, the effect of those?

{Cheat Sheet- about the same}

BTW, you wont see me posting "Don't Turbo" in Turbo Threads, So I don't know the reason why folks would post Don't SuperCharge in Charger threads???

As a matter of fact, in much of the V6 turbo threads you will see me asking for information and supporting the vendor and the testers. We all gain from our sport, no matter what each other prefer.

I have even been Cottonin' up to a twin turbo, since I can still have dual exhaust.

Art
Old 03-15-2014, 08:56 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

2014 procharger kit

Quote:
Just research the data, in a fully diverse sample group; like what is called "researching." Unless you follow the scientific principle, it is subjective hearsay. I have been in Market Research for over 20 years, that above doesn't cut it as "fully" valid supporting data. It is supporting data, but does not have a diverse sample group.

On the other hand, parasitic drag is not really much of a engine killing problem then the MPG or loss of say up to 10% of extra HRP problem it is. Look at it this way, like Super Heavy Duty alternators are killing truck engines....

The PSI boost is the most problem that will kill your engine in the long run; It is shared by both Turbo and Chargers. Next is Heat and Drag, the effect of those?

{Cheat Sheet- about the same}

BTW, you wont see me posting "Don't Turbo" in Turbo Threads, So I don't know the reason why folks would post Don't SuperCharge in Charger threads???

As a matter of fact, in much of the V6 turbo threads you will see me asking for information and supporting the vendor and the testers. We all gain from our sport, no matter what each other prefer.

I have even been Cottonin' up to a twin turbo, since I can still have dual exhaust.

Art

I never said anything about don't get the Procharger! It is a good kit and I just said there is no kit out for the 13-14 MY which there isn't. I also said It SEEMS to me that the Procharger would reduce engine life more so than the turbo kit form LPF b/c they seem to solve the heat issue with the larger intercooler but state it hasn't been fully verified. I don't have all the facts that is why I said it SEEM to be that way to me. I never said it was fact.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I never said anything about don't get the Procharger! It is a good kit and I just said there is no kit out for the 13-14 MY which there isn't. I also said It SEEMS to me that the Procharger would reduce engine life more so than the turbo kit form LPF b/c they seem to solve the heat issue with the larger intercooler but state it hasn't been fully verified. I don't have all the facts that is why I said it SEEM to be that way to me. I never said it was fact.
Research the V8 facts between these two issues.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Research the V8 facts between these two issues.

Two different engines. I don't care what the 5.0s/ V8s are doing. I care about how the 3.7 is doing with a turbo or supercharger. Just because a turbo or supercharger works well or not on a V8 doesn't mean it will be the same on a 3.7.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Two different engines. I don't care what the 5.0s/ V8s are doing. I care about how the 3.7 is doing with a turbo or supercharger. Just because a turbo or supercharger works well or not on a V8 doesn't mean it will be the same on a 3.7.
Ok, I will let you state that as the last word and I will back out. Future will tell...you seem to have a dog in the fight.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok, I will let you state that as the last word and I will back out. Future will tell...you seem to have a dog in the fight.

Nah I don't. It's all good man. Which ever kit is better I will buy as the 3.7 is a project car for me. If the LPF kit is not as advertised I will get the Procharger as many have ran the kit successfully. I will forge out my internals as part of the project and to make my engine better but like you said only time will tell how any of this will play out as far as longevity.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Just curious but a supercharger is not putting any boost on the engine during normal driving operations so why would a supercharger greatly shorten the engine life. The boost is going out the vacuum so there is no stress on the engine unless you reach a certain RPM for the boost too kick in. Unless someone is just constantly wot it all day, every day. what real stress is the supercharger putting on the engine when the boost is going out the vacuum and not on the engine?

Also, if someone wanted too run 8 pounds boost recommended why would they need forged internals too keep the engine 150k plus miles. 8 pounds boost is the set safe standard for the factory internals.

Not saying anyone is wrong about the shortened engine life, just asking and always trying to increase my performance knowledge. If I went FI, I too would want a supercharger and not turbo. I have Long Tube headers, off road x pipe and love the sound and a turbo doesn't work with them.

I do want to keep my mustang for at least 150k plus miles! So, is it realistic that one could get 150k miles on a 3.7 using a pro charger supercharger all while on factory internals?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:09 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

They both have there strong and weak points. To me it's not so much as power. But the build with my Dad. I'll never be able to catch the hp or torque for that matter of the 57 Chevy bel air he has sitting in his back yard lol.

I also have 8 speeding tickets, partial reasoning behind getting the v6. So I can only go so fast anyways.

As for the research I have done there is not a kit for the 14 yet. AM said there is minor tweaking being made on fitment for the 14, but no news on when it may come out.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They both have there strong and weak points. To me it's not so much as power. But the build with my Dad. I'll never be able to catch the hp or torque for that matter of the 57 Chevy bel air he has sitting in his back yard lol.

I also have 8 speeding tickets, partial reasoning behind getting the v6. So I can only go so fast anyways.

As for the research I have done there is not a kit for the 14 yet. AM said there is minor tweaking being made on fitment for the 14, but no news on when it may come out.
Lmao. My 2011 V6 does at least 140 MPH. I know this because I have been 140 mph in it. Good thing I got me a v6 so I can't go that fast. Ha ha ha ha!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Lmao. My 2011 V6 does at least 140 MPH. I know this because I have been 140 mph in it. Good thing I got me a v6 so I can't go that fast. Ha ha ha ha!
What? I've been told our cars have a terminal velocity of 120 mph- are you sure?

(I believe you, just want to clarify.)

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
What? I've been told our cars have a terminal velocity of 120 mph- are you sure?

(I believe you, just want to clarify.)
The mustang doesn't have a terminal velocity of 120. Whoever told you that must have been a Chevy guy. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post

The mustang doesn't have a terminal velocity of 120. Whoever told you that must have been a Chevy guy. Lol
U can hit 160 + no joke, really
Old 03-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Stock driveshaft on a v6 has been known to fail at 120

Old 03-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

True thats why u spend 600 700$ on a one piece ds, I know of guys inc myself that have gone 140 or soand let off cuz u can feel the ds shaking and what not. I know, we're stupid.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

One piece driveshaft is one of the best mods you can do .

Old 03-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Stock driveshaft on a v6 has been known to fail at 120

Right but that wouldn't be the terminal velocity.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Right but that wouldn't be the terminal velocity.
Never said it was

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

They should have used the same 2 piece the coyotes use

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang