My Second Mustang After 28 Years:) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #1

Region: Canada
My Second Mustang After 28 Years:)

Hello I just bought a 2011 Mustang Convertible V6 and will have it delivered next week...i was impressed with the handling and power but i know i will want to add simple bolt ons without breaking the bank, any ideas..
MustangSteve49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats on the purchase! Typical 1st mods for power are gears and a cai tuner combo. Most want aftermarket axelback exhaust for that added punch when stepping on it. I could suggest a few however I would suggest looking at YouTube to hear them for yourself. Known brands that people enjoy [keep in mind this is all preferance] are borla, magnaflow, pype bombs, and basani just to name a few.

Goodluck with the you tube searching and congrats on the new ride again!
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Welcome to the forums, I did suspension upgrade 1st, lowered the rear, wider tires, brackets & lca's. Now I have a tuner and custom tune I await from motorvationefi. Enjoying the twisty's in Texas, Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
Congrats on the purchase! Typical 1st mods for power are gears and a cai tuner combo. Most want aftermarket axelback exhaust for that added punch when stepping on it. I could suggest a few however I would suggest looking at YouTube to hear them for yourself. Known brands that people enjoy [keep in mind this is all preferance] are borla, magnaflow, pype bombs, and basani just to name a few.

Goodluck with the you tube searching and congrats on the new ride again!

And by added punch for the axelback I mean sound as axelbacks have no performance gains there just for the ears!
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #5

Thanks for some good advice and tips on things to look at and consider..i know the sound would make a big difference with the mufflers and pipes etc but i'm sure the sound can never duplicate the V8's...my friend had the 2010 GT and it sounded nice even while standing at the back during idle...once he drove away, i could hear him for quite a ways down the street etc...i have looked somewhat online at a site called American Muscle...an unlimited list of things to change..i'm not looking to take out a mortgage, at my age, i'd prefer something simple and a quick bolt on that could be done at home etc...

This car will be a daily driver along with my Mercedes SL500...they are stored for our harsh winters in Ontario Canada as i survive the ****ty times of the year driving my old Dodge Neon lol....

Once again, thanks for some helpful tips and ideas on what i can look at changing in the future..i will post pics soon....Steve
MustangSteve49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang