Squeaky windows - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Squeaky windows

Hey guys, am I the only one who experiences whenever I open my door sometimes, the window squeaks as it lowers a little and squeaks again as it raises up when I close the door?
fknjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 06:32 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

When I first got my 14 v6 Premium it didn't squeak but when I first washed it and waxed it, it squeaked for a bit but after a while it doesn't squeak anymore.

After a while you won't hear it anymore it just needs to broken in.

Its probably still just too new.
Frozen Yettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Its just the seal releasing from the window.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Can anything be put on the window rubber that won't smear onto the upper glass as it makes contact, that would offer a non squeak solution?

My windows do not do this, but maybe it's because the window rubber stays somewhat softer in the warmer climate of Florida, verses the colder winters of the north making the rubber hard and less flexable.

To the OP, are you in a colder northern climate? Did this squeal always happen, even when it was/is warmer, and the rubber is softer?
Old 03-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I live in Texas so it's usually warm to hot here. I got it in December when it was cold and I didn't notice the noise until I washed it like a week or two after I got it. It does go away but I usually hear it either after I wash it, when it rains, or when it starts getting cold.
fknjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:41 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Can anything be put on the window rubber that won't smear onto the upper glass as it makes contact, that would offer a non squeak solution?

My windows do not do this, but maybe it's because the window rubber stays somewhat softer in the warmer climate of Florida, verses the colder winters of the north making the rubber hard and less flexable.

To the OP, are you in a colder northern climate? Did this squeal always happen, even when it was/is warmer, and the rubber is softer?

I would try some dry lubricants (sparingly). Graphite, Moly-lube (molybdenum, I believe is the chemical name) are a couple I know of off the top of my head. I would probably do a wet treatment first, with a UV inhibitor product like 303 Aerospace; wet it down real good and let it soak in overnight, then wipe as much off as you can until it's dry, you may need to wait a day or two... then apply a very light dusting of a dry lube and lightly wipe up any excess powder with a dry microfiber towel.

Disclaimer: I have not tried this! But if I had a squeak, this is how I would treat it.
ageless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknjulian View Post
I live in Texas so it's usually warm to hot here. I got it in December when it was cold and I didn't notice the noise until I washed it like a week or two after I got it. It does go away but I usually hear it either after I wash it, when it rains, or when it starts getting cold.
I live south of Houston and mine does the same thing after I wash the car or it rains. It doesn't bother me too much, so I just live with it. You might want to try some silicon spray. I haven't tried this myself so I don't know if it will work or not.
2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium, Pony Package, Magnaflow Street Axle-backs, MMD Hood Struts, SCT X4 with Steeda lifetime tunes, Boss 302 Strut tower brace, JLT Oil Separator, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
dj2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
This happened the first couple times washing my car. I always wipe the rubber and the insides of my door seals. But recently it has stopped squeaking so I think it might just have to do with wear.
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I live in southern Louisiana and same squeaking. Car wash, rain, or moisture
It squeaks.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I'll take the squeaking any day over the issues I had with my 06gt windows always out of sync and having to reset them.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have the same issue, I'm fairly certain that its the seal rubbing on the window, but it could be the window motor just needing oil. I'm going to use some silicon spray on the seal first, see if that works before I go to taking my whole door panel off. I'll let you know how it goes
theblackdahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #12
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackdahlia View Post
I have the same issue, I'm fairly certain that its the seal rubbing on the window, but it could be the window motor just needing oil. I'm going to use some silicon spray on the seal first, see if that works before I go to taking my whole door panel off. I'll let you know how it goes

I have a squeak in my passenger window. I always forget about it until I actually use it.

Let us know how the silicon spray goes. I might do the same if it works for you.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
my passengers side window always wins the race against my drivers side to go up and down! sometimes they clunk too lol. my first car with power windows though.. but I'm not complaining.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I tried using some silicon spray on the window and the seal, but it didnt help. Guess ill have to take the door panel off and try oiling up the window motor

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
theblackdahlia is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang