Quick reply please - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:02 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quick reply please

I have a 2012 mustang v6 auto . Ordering a inane tomorrow. Stuck between the SR performance and the roush intake on American muscle ! Which should I go with and why??
Mattjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 03:11 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quick reply please

Airaid! Cause it's the exact same as the Roush but $30 less and it reuses the factory air duct for better air flow to the intake where the SR doesn't.
Marc3.71994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc3.71994 View Post
Airaid! Cause it's the exact same as the Roush but $30 less and it reuses the factory air duct for better air flow to the intake where the SR doesn't.

+1000

Or pull the trigger on a Steeda CAI. The only CAI that's tune required. I love the one I have
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 08:16 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Airaid is best looking on a V6 3.7

My Airaid>

They are all good but I think the Airaid just looks the best. If your gonna tune , The Steeda is good but you can still tune with any of them.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattjohnson View Post
I have a 2012 mustang v6 auto . Ordering a inane tomorrow. Stuck between the SR performance and the roush intake on American muscle ! Which should I go with and why??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc3.71994 View Post
All three of the intakes mentioned here will make a big difference and you'll see some noticeable gains. SR Performance, Airaid and JLT make some of the best intakes out there for the 2011+ Mustangs!

Let us know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. Either way, you really can't go wrong! Hope this helps.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I'll try out the SR performance one! Running to bank now ? Is the SR less reliable then the roush? Just done know which one still
Old 03-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Reliability is a non issue. Both companies make reliable CAI. Your biggest difference between the two, excluding appearance is how air will flow. Like stated above, the Roush makes use of the factory air inlet, for a more concentrated airflow. Although in my opinion both flow more air in than the factory intake, it's my opinion that the Roush does a better job of concentrated airflow compared to the SR CAI. You can't go wrong with either when it comes to both performance parts quality, I just think Roush will flow air a lot better than SR because of how the Roush air box is designed
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I'll try out the SR performance one! Running to bank now ? Is the SR less reliable then the roush? Just done know which one still
Old 03-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I'd keep the money in the bank until you are sure as to which one you want. Should you go the way of a tune down the road, a CAI that works better with a tune would be the better choice, so it could be a costly mistake to buy one now if your plans change.

It's always best to sit down and plan out what you ultimately want your performance to be. How will it be used? What is your budget? Long term ownership? can you remove the performance parts and re-sell them if you trade the car in (always consider keeping the stock parts so that they can be re-installed)? Can the same performance parts be used on the next planned vehicle?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattjohnson View Post
The SR Intake won't be any less reliable than any other brand intake. They're all really going to have the same reliability. They should also make within a few horsepower of each other. We've run SR Cold Air intakes in a lot of our project cars and haven't had any issues at all! They perform great.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the intakes that have been listed in this thread!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang