Sound Dampening - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Sound Dampening

Alright so I have a 2013 V6 premium with the upgraded sound system. There's some rattling in the back seats, I believe coming from the arm rests on both sides, that is just annoying when listening to songs with deep bass. Anyone know the best way to fix this? I've heard of putting some type of material in the paneling that prevents rattling, but does it work and is it easy to do?
AcesNeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Pull off the panel and back it with some foam or something..
I put weatherstripping behind my dash panel and it got rid of most of my rattling.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The material you are referring to is dynomat
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesNeight View Post
Alright so I have a 2013 V6 premium with the upgraded sound system. There's some rattling in the back seats, I believe coming from the arm rests on both sides, that is just annoying when listening to songs with deep bass. Anyone know the best way to fix this? I've heard of putting some type of material in the paneling that prevents rattling, but does it work and is it easy to do?
I have recently had my panels off and noticed that there are a few sound dampening devices already applied, but incorrectly. The first piece you should see behind the quarter panel piece is kinda like a quilted blanket looking thing. It should be laid flat against the panel, mine was bunched up like it got caught as they put the panel in at the factory. I flattened it down and secured the corners down when I put the panel back on.

Behind the pad, you should see a few rectangles of sound dampener material stuck to the body. Mine were barely on and had large air bubble in them. Get yourself a heat gun or hair dryer, warm them up and roll them down. They do not work if they are not properly adhered to the surface. I also noticed this in the materials beneath the rear seats as well.

I imagine that all the sound reduction materials are poorly installed, so if you are going after that particular spot, you may want to go ahead and do the rest of the area. The areas will include:
-The area beneath the rear seats---Very easy to get to
-Rear seat arm rest area---Difficult to get to
-Parcel shelf---Very difficult to get to
-The hump between the rear seat backs and the main trunk area---Very easy to get to

Please visit this website before buying any sound deadening materials. Dynamat is a great product but grossly overpriced. Do good research and you'll save a ton of money.
ageless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Glad to hear it worked. I didn't want to waste my time putting in the wrong stuff or hearing that it wouldn't work. Appreciate the help
AcesNeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I posted a lengthy reply but it didn't show up... long story short, check out Welcome to Sound Deadener Showdown | Sound Deadener Showdown save yourself some money with proper research.
ageless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I used dyno mat when I got my subs helped aton
colemaneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:43 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBlackGT View Post
The material you are referring to is dynomat
And this stuff is not cheap, so be prepared for a bit of price shock should you decide to use this stuff. It's a great product; does what it advertises itself to do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang