Brand new and already in the shop - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:41 AM   #36
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Typo there , you only need one on the passenger side. All the other stuff is correct, I think Bucko, like me had his hands type something different that what our Brain was sayin' , just sayin' ; this older guy thing we have

Yep, an now I gotta get a new one...
Yep. Old age!
Thanks for the proof read. I corrected my post to reflect that only one is needed for the passenger side only.
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Day 12 in the shop:

Just heard back from the dealers service department. The car was parked nose up throughout today's rain. It has been a intermittent drizzle since around 6 am, so that's about 8 hours. He reported that there was water coming in somewhere (no kidding!) and that the next course of action would be to call the leak guy back out... WTF! We left it there overnight so the leak guy would have something to trace and now you tell me it's going to be next week before you can get him out there?!

I understand that some leak guys only stop by a particular dealer on a specific day each week, but come on, we knew it was likely to leak. If that's the case, we're looking at April 3rd before it's looked at again (making it 18 days in the shop) Call someone else, do it yourself, start taking it apart... do something! I told those clowns at the beginning that it's going to at least have to have the carpet pulled to find this thing.

BTW- Georgia lemon law requirements:

- must fall within lemon period (12,000 miles)
-and-
- Must be a "major" problem. ie: something that presents a safety hazard or affects the reliability/value of the car
-and-
- In for repair 3* times for the same problem (have to give them a chance to fix it)(* kind of a shady area, a lawyer will know how many times they have a chance to fix something. Some items have only one chance)
-or- in the shop (out of service) for a total of 30 days (within the lemon period)

Rant: So, they want to wait until day 18 until they look at it again, cool! Realize that this will be day 18/30. Rant over.

At what point do you guys/gals think I should contact a Lemon Lawyer, because I after spending literally hours and hours searching forums, TSB's and articles related to water leaks of the S197, I am beginning to believe that I am, in fact, dealing with a lemon car. Obviously, the earlier iteration of this model had some serious water issues (that likely was the underlying source of the plethora of electrical problems) They eventually 'seem' to have fixed those issues because finding an '11+ with water issues is few and far between.
ageless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:06 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
No you give them 3 chances to fix the leak.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
No you give them 3 chances to fix the leak.
I didn't read the law from a the GOV website, but if the OP copied it verbatim that's not what it says about 30 days in the shop. That Big "OR" if copied verbatim is the object of the tort.

Quote:
In for repair 3* times for the same problem -or- in the shop (out of service) for a total of 30 days (within the lemon period)
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Brand new and already in the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageless1 View Post
Day 12 in the shop:

Just heard back from the dealers service department. The car was parked nose up throughout today's rain. It has been a intermittent drizzle since around 6 am, so that's about 8 hours. He reported that there was water coming in somewhere (no kidding!) and that the next course of action would be to call the leak guy back out... WTF! We left it there overnight so the leak guy would have something to trace and now you tell me it's going to be next week before you can get him out there?!

I understand that some leak guys only stop by a particular dealer on a specific day each week, but come on, we knew it was likely to leak. If that's the case, we're looking at April 3rd before it's looked at again (making it 18 days in the shop) Call someone else, do it yourself, start taking it apart... do something! I told those clowns at the beginning that it's going to at least have to have the carpet pulled to find this thing.

BTW- Georgia lemon law requirements:

- must fall within lemon period (12,000 miles)
-and-
- Must be a "major" problem. ie: something that presents a safety hazard or affects the reliability/value of the car
-and-
- In for repair 3* times for the same problem (have to give them a chance to fix it)(* kind of a shady area, a lawyer will know how many times they have a chance to fix something. Some items have only one chance)
-or- in the shop (out of service) for a total of 30 days (within the lemon period)

Rant: So, they want to wait until day 18 until they look at it again, cool! Realize that this will be day 18/30. Rant over.

At what point do you guys/gals think I should contact a Lemon Lawyer, because I after spending literally hours and hours searching forums, TSB's and articles related to water leaks of the S197, I am beginning to believe that I am, in fact, dealing with a lemon car. Obviously, the earlier iteration of this model had some serious water issues (that likely was the underlying source of the plethora of electrical problems) They eventually 'seem' to have fixed those issues because finding an '11+ with water issues is few and far between.

This was not verbatim, this is layman terms. The only correction is that the "Lemon Period" is 24 months/24,000 miles instead of 12,000 miles. Here is a link: http://consumer.georgia.gov/faqs/index/category:2

Here is a clearer description on what qualifies as a lemon claim: http://consumer.georgia.gov/consumer...epair-attempts
Old 03-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Thanks, yes that has 3 items that make up repair attempts:

1) For most problems the manufacturer is given three attempts, or opportunities, to repair the defect or condition.

2) When the defect or condition qualifies as a “serious safety defect,” the manufacturer is given just one attempt to repair the problem.

3) A vehicle is deemed to have met the repair attempts requirement when it has been out of service by reason of repair for at least a total of 30 days. In this event, you count the cumulative days out of service instead of individual repair attempts.
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I have actually used the lemon law (here in FL) and it has similar rules. Didn't need a lawyer. Just talked to the Service Advisor and told him I would like to see if my Jeep qualified for the lemon law. A Chrysler guy called me within a couple days and scheduled an appt to look at the dlr paperwork to make sure it all qualified. It did. Dlr told me to find another rig that was within 105% of the orig msrp. Two days later I had new keys.
Easy cheesy.
Troy
Btw, in FL, the 30 days include ALL service, not just relating to one problem. And any service work done, even if only on for an hour, is considered a day.
Good luck.
Troy
Old 03-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I've never had to deal with anything of this nature/magnitude before. I don't want to be the guy that comes in screaming lemon law or threatening them with a lawyer... Just kinda want some advice on what would be appropriate at this point. Also, at the same time, don't want to be walked all over. Really, I did business with them because my wife's family has been doing business with them for over 30 years, even though another dealer said he could have gotten me a premium for about the same price. I sent an email to the Owner of the dealership the day after I brought it in and it was in the shop the next day (Svc dept. said it was going to be 2 weeks before they would get a chance to look at it)
Old 03-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

I would try another dealer. You have plenty of options in metro Atlanta. I already told you the one that has been great for me.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:50 AM   #45
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Yeah, I've never had to deal with anything of this nature/magnitude before. I don't want to be the guy that comes in screaming lemon law or threatening them with a lawyer... Just kinda want some advice on what would be appropriate at this point. Also, at the same time, don't want to be walked all over. Really, I did business with them because my wife's family has been doing business with them for over 30 years, even though another dealer said he could have gotten me a premium for about the same price. I sent an email to the Owner of the dealership the day after I brought it in and it was in the shop the next day (Svc dept. said it was going to be 2 weeks before they would get a chance to look at it)
You won't need to scream, you only have to ask what is rightfully yours to request.

I have found over my years of working with car repair/warranty work that screaming or yelling at someone really does not get you any better service. Being firm and polite will net you better results, especially if the problem has to escallate to legal issues. In your case, I don't see that happening, as it appears the dealership is doing what is needed to resolve the water leakage problem. I understand your frustration, but the good news is that they have discovered the leak now, and it will get resolved.

If it's in for three attemps to correct a fault, and it's still not repaired, file away.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #46

thats a first for me to hear about OIL PUMP FAILURE....... maybe they serviced the mustang and forgot to put OIL back .........if you know what i mean......
coolberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

That would have been understandable. It has just 1000 miles on it. The oil pump could have been the reason for the bearing failure or the oil pump failed because of the bearing failure. They are unsure of the reason.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 04-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Correct me if i am wrong here but are you saying you paid the same price for a basic v6 at a dealer your family goes to but could have gotten a premium for the same price if you went to another dealer.

Thats pretty crazy to me because i dont know if you have been inside of a premium 14 mustang but its night and day difference compared to the regular one.

Not to mention they gave you a crappy version of basic v6 mustang... id be pissed!!!
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Day 17: Got my car back today... Brand new complete engine, leak supposedly fixed... we'll see during the next rain. The leak was at the bottom of the windshield and occurred when driving or parked uphill.

I spoke with the Service manager about what would consider a fair compensatory request for such a major hassle with such a new vehicle. He said it really was between Ford Customer Service and me and that I should contact him with any such requests. I realize a lot of it has to do with money and I paid way too much for a base so I know they made a killing on me (hindsight...). At any rate, what do you guys think a fair request would be? Here is a list of things I'd want that should not affect the warranty; things I am seriously considering upgrading myself and the market price I've seen:

Leather take offs (leather seat covers), $550(katskinz)- up to $1100 (OEM)
Aluminum (solid) drive shaft, $700-$800
axle back exhaust, $400-$700
window tint: $150-$400
Ceramic coated headers $400-$600

things he brought up and eluded to but can't "quote" him on:
1-2 car payments, $475-$950
100,000 mile (component) warranty on new engine (full warranty on new engine, already have a 7 yr/ 75,000 mi b2b), $???

I also thought about:
Free oil changes for the life of my vehicle (at least 7yr/75k mi or 100k mi)

What do you guys think? I paid $22,200 for the car, $1450 for the extended warranty, $550 gap coverage so I know for a fact that they made a killing on me already.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I'll be the pessimist here. Nobody held a gun to your head and made you purchase the car. You did it on your own. You now realize that you did not make a good deal or decision. Not their problem.

As for wanting something now, the dealer said it is between you and Ford. What you paid is irrelevent - you did not overpay Ford - you overpaid the dealer. Not Ford's problem either.

As for wanting a warrantee now, I made a similar request based on a larger number of problems I have had with my car and they told me (nicely and respectfully) to pound sand.

Good luck.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:57 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, I don't feel that I'm necessarily entitled to anything in particular. I will ask because I've read many accounts that the dealer/Ford did some of these things in good faith for the customer or rather, to retain the customer. I asked the Svs mgr about it to see if it was something reasonable to request in order to gauge his reaction. It was somewhat positive, so I was just seeing what you, as a consumer would deem appropriate. I understand that they, for all intent and purpose, have fulfilled their obligation to correct what went wrong. A lot of times it comes down to money, which why I brought up the fact that I paid a pretty penny for it.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Worse they can say is go find your buddy on the beach and join him in some sand pounding.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Oh **** lol

2013 mca 3.7: DIB
mods: sportline springs, bmr lca, steeda adj. uca, bmr panhard bar, lca relocation brackets, jlt cai, 91 mpt race tune, lethal o/r x-pipe, pypes m-80 resonators, pypes pipe-bombs.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

This is what they told me when I requested a warranty;

"It is certainly understandable as to why it would be frustrating having to deal with any type of concern on a new vehicle such as yours. All you want is your vehicle to operate as you expect it to especially with the expense you have put into it.

While we appreciate your input in regards to what had happened to your vehicle, Ford would not be able to supply an Extended Warranty at no charge for your past vehicle troubles. Ford fulfills their obligation with you as a new vehicle owner by covering your vehicle for defects under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. If you feel that you will need further coverage beyond the initial warranties that came with the veh then we recommend purchasing an Extended Service Plan from Ford. The ESP Sales and Purchase department can be reached at 1-888-252-3899.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you and hope this clarifies the situation with your vehicle. Thank you for contacting Ford."
Old 04-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I would not be surprised to get a similar response but it doesn't hurt to ask. At any rate, I at least have my car back and it will be raining here on Friday, which will give me a chance to see if there are any more leaks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang