Stage 3 mpt ghost cam? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Stage 3 mpt ghost cam?

Is it safe to run on an automatic? Anyone running it on there's?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
As long as you dont have cats. If you have cats it will damage them over time.
1ststang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have high flow cats with my long tubes and have the stage 3. It has a safety protocol in case they get too hot that it disables the lope and idles normally. When u get it, due a few data logs to fix the jerking issue u will have with the first tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
I have high flow cats with my long tubes and have the stage 3. It has a safety protocol in case they get too hot that it disables the lope and idles normally. When u get it, due a few data logs to fix the jerking issue u will have with the first tune Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
You have an auto?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yes

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

That's why I said jerking.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:38 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Hey Charlie, how do the data logs help out in the ghost cam? Do you send them back to the tuner company so they can view the data and re-tweak the tune?
Old 03-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Hey Charlie, how do the data logs help out in the ghost cam? Do you send them back to the tuner company so they can view the data and re-tweak the tune?
Yea they see what's going on within the car and see how they can tweak it. You should do this for every email tune you get. Because they are all just made in minutes from pre made versions not custom to your car. This way they send a decent tune, you data log it a few times after 3 revisions or so they weed out all the kinks and bam you have essentially a dyno tune. This is only with real companies not bama that can't tune for **** no matter how many data logs lmao. 13 revisions and they still can't fix my car haha MPT and Lund are the ones who got it right. I prefer Lund now tho. He's a tuning GOD!! And then there is Shaun at AED

Old 03-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Thanks Charlie. I learned something today. A good day!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Stage 3 mpt ghost cam?

what exactly is a ghost cam tune? sorry to hijack the thread but from what I understand it's for sound when idling? any change to performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSancho View Post
what exactly is a ghost cam tune? sorry to hijack the thread but from what I understand it's for sound when idling? any change to performance?

You have it correct. A "ghost cam" is installed to provide that lopey idle that the early cammed engines of the 60's, 70's, and early 80's engines had prior to engines being controlled by variable cam timing that we see today. The way these ghost tunes work is that they richen the fuel mixture at idle, causing the engine to stumble. It provides no performance gains, simply a lopey idle.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

all for sound? wonder how that sounds on our v6's. can it be combined with a performance tune? does it have drawbacks?

Old 03-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Some side effects of a ghost cam used to be that it could damage the cats due to the overly rich idle mixture, but most, if not all tuners have a safegaurd now that leans the mixture if the cat temps get too high. Another was stalling at long periods of idle, but that too has been resolved for most.

If you are one that likes the idea of a lopey idle, give the guys at AM a call and talk with them about it, and how you can combine it with a performance tune.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

sweet thanks bucko now I can say I learned something today haha. I think I need to hear it in person before I jump on it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang