Why do you think the 3.7 mustangs are worth it? - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

I am on the right at 13.3
My friend Tony is on the left with a 13.1 with his 3.7 manual
Something isn't right with this slip. Right lane is .05 behind at the 1/8 and going 11 mph slower, makes up this 11 mph difference on the top end +1 and falls FURTHER behind by another .07...either an 1/8 mile mph timer is off or left lane was on the brakes, which I'm assuming he wasn't because it wasn't a bracket race.
PatinMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatinMich View Post
Something isn't right with this slip. Right lane is .05 behind at the 1/8 and going 11 mph slower, makes up this 11 mph difference on the top end +1 and falls FURTHER behind by another .07...either an 1/8 mile mph timer is off or left lane was on the brakes, which I'm assuming he wasn't because it wasn't a bracket race.

The speed is measured going through the traps. Is it possible the car on the left had lower gears in the rearend, got up to speed quicker, but was also wound out in whatever gear he had his transmission in when he got to the end of the track but didn't grab another gear? He's driving a stick.

The 2.73s in Ronnie's car took longer to get going but had his car moving faster when he hit the traps?
GrabberMeBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:01 PM   #143
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Or, Ronnie had the window down, because he was smoking a cuban cigar, grinning ear to ear in his beautiful Mustang, enjoying the ride down the 1/4 track?

If I know Ronnie, he did not care one bit about the time slip; he was just simply enjoying the Mustang for what it is; a fine ride.
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Or, Ronnie had the window down, because he was smoking a cuban cigar, grinning ear to ear in his beautiful Mustang, enjoying the ride down the 1/4

Cubans are illegal! Hope that doesn't get the thread shut down! Just kidding!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #145
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

No Problem here Bucko

****** THE CHECK IS IN THE MAIL*****
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
The speed is measured going through the traps. Is it possible the car on the left had lower gears in the rearend, got up to speed quicker, but was also wound out in whatever gear he had his transmission in when he got to the end of the track but didn't grab another gear? He's driving a stick.

The 2.73s in Ronnie's car took longer to get going but had his car moving faster when he hit the traps?
I'm willing to bet it's the right lane 1/8 mile mph timer was off, I'll bet if Ronnie posted another time slip we'd see a mid 80 mph in the 1/8, especially if he had a run in the left lane. 34 mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4 is way too much for these et's, especially without turbo, nos, or supercharged.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Hey hey hey I am cuban and I am not iligal!!!!!!

I had served this country with dignity and respect!!!

:p

No offense taken :p
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
Hey hey hey I am cuban and I am not iligal!!!!!!

I had served this country with dignity and respect!!!

:p

No offense taken :p

Cuban cigars! Not people! Ha!!
Old 03-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

I know jajajaja i was just messing with him kajajajaakkaa
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Or, Ronnie had the window down, because he was smoking a cuban cigar, grinning ear to ear in his beautiful Mustang, enjoying the ride down the 1/4 track?

If I know Ronnie, he did not care one bit about the time slip; he was just simply enjoying the Mustang for what it is; a fine ride.
9db over 20! Check your Radio or shortwave for what really is going on...
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:49 AM   #151
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I don't really care that much

Tony was in the left side and he slept at the line. I beat him and I will never let him forget it.
It was at Orlando Speed World and if the clock was off I don't care because It sure was off on my side. Ha ! Ha !
Tony has lower ratio gears and a six speed manual. He say's he is not tuned but I don't believe him. He has Nitto tires on the rear and He does drag race pretty often. I didn't go down to run but got talked into it. Tony Paid the run fee and I did my pass. It was a lot of great fun but I could easily get addicted and can't afford it if something goes wrong. I'm more then happy with my time and even if the clock was off I beat Tony and that's all I care about.
I don't really think the clocks at Orlando Speed World would be off but anything can happen.
This was not a race night but just a run what you brung test & tune night. I'm sure the people that came to test their cars would love it if the clocks were off. DUH!
PatinMich probably already knows a taller gear and a good hookup at the starting line will give a good 1/8th & slower MPH then a first gear that is a low ratio with a bad hookup. Tony caught up to me at the 1/8th but I was still pulling strong by then.If you look, I only got him by .0098 at the traps. Another ten feet and he would have creamed me.
It was a fun night and when I hit the LOTTO or Marry a Rich old Lady with no family or cats I will hit the Drag strip a lot. I love it and for a lot of years it was part of my life.
I did run with my windows up and Radio on. No cigar because I don't allow smoking in my car.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #152
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Tony was in the left side and he slept at the line. I beat him and I will never let him forget it.
It was at Orlando Speed World and if the clock was off I don't care because It sure was off on my side. Ha ! Ha !
Tony has lower ratio gears and a six speed manual. He say's he is not tuned but I don't believe him. He has Nitto tires on the rear and He does drag race pretty often. I didn't go down to run but got talked into it. Tony Paid the run fee and I did my pass. It was a lot of great fun but I could easily get addicted and can't afford it if something goes wrong. I'm more then happy with my time and even if the clock was off I beat Tony and that's all I care about.
I don't really think the clocks at Orlando Speed World would be off but anything can happen.
This was not a race night but just a run what you brung test & tune night. I'm sure the people that came to test their cars would love it if the clocks were off. DUH!
PatinMich probably already knows a taller gear and a good hookup at the starting line will give a good 1/8th & slower MPH then a first gear that is a low ratio with a bad hookup. Tony caught up to me at the 1/8th but I was still pulling strong by then.If you look, I only got him by .0098 at the traps. Another ten feet and he would have creamed me.
It was a fun night and when I hit the LOTTO or Marry a Rich old Lady with no family or cats I will hit the Drag strip a lot. I love it and for a lot of years it was part of my life.
I did run with my windows up and Radio on. No cigar because I don't allow smoking in my car.
Ronnie
But you were grinning ear to ear, right?
Old 03-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

"PatinMich probably already knows a taller gear and a good hookup at the starting line will give a good 1/8th & slower MPH then a first gear that is a low ratio with a bad hookup."

Not only slower mph in the 1/8 but also the 1/4. My last 2 drag cars hook great (1.28, 1.29 60ft) but my mph for 9.60 is usually 2 or 3 less than other cars running that time. Jus sayin.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:46 AM   #154

Region: New Jersey
I have the opportunity to purchase the 2014 Ford Mustang Limited Military edition. Only 50 were made and they are only being sold to deployed military members. I plan on selling it when i get back to the States and pick it up from the dealership. Is that a good investment since it is only sold to Military and only 50 are produced. This vehicle is #43 out of 50. The website is http://www.encs.com/warrior for details. Please let me know what you all think.
sardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog View Post
I have the opportunity to purchase the 2014 Ford Mustang Limited Military edition. Only 50 were made and they are only being sold to deployed military members. I plan on selling it when i get back to the States and pick it up from the dealership. Is that a good investment since it is only sold to Military and only 50 are produced. This vehicle is #43 out of 50. The website is http://www.encs.com/warrior for details. Please let me know what you all think.
Maybe let a fellow vet get it that will keep it and appreciate it? Idk, that's my .02
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

*1000. Kind of a dick move to take something like that just to sell....actually, not kind of, it just is.
Mike2014V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I wouldn't expect to flip it for much for for a couple reasons. 1. When you buy new from a dealership your going to pay taxes, fees, etc. which add to the price your paying for the car. and 2. as soon as you sign the papers its a used car, so there will be some depreciation on that. And with the only real mod being a muffler, K&N intake, and some trim I wouldn't expect to sell for more then a new mustang is going for. A lot depends on the the price but you would have to find someone who wants that exact car and willing to pay new car price for it.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:16 AM   #158

Region: Virginia
When I had a 45 min commute one way the 3.7 was fantastic. I put on FM 40 series and airaid CAI and would get 35mpg all day long on the freeway 27 combined. The balance between power and mpg is very impressive. I recently bought another v6 and 6 months later my situation changed. Now I an 2 miles from work and want a gt. Its all about situational need.
Mustang_Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #159
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
so why is flipping the car wrong? It ain't food it's a luxuary (sp?) item. I doubt he'll make $ but I don't see anything wrong with it.

back on topic...I took the long way home last night one of the 1st 70 deg days nice tunes but two cars in front of me and a short passing zone. 3rd gear and the 3.31 rear end is a sweet spot for two lane blacktop passing moves!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I could afford the V8 but my stang is a daily driver/work car. I dont like low profile tires, vents, scoops, spoilers, or big motors on my work car. I was happy with the performance of my 03 GT (just sold) and my V6 kicks it's *** in every way. I have to park in some crappy neighborhoods at times and our streets are crap. I have a 350Z convertible for joyriding. It was either my V6 Mustang or a Civic LX as I like 2 doors. I never drive that fast anymore so I will rarely even use the 305HP my V6 has. I was always an Import guy so I have no obsession with V8s.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Roanstang's build

I drive my pony with a lot of spirit, 305 -315 hp depending on octane of the gas remember the vari timing. I am waiting on a tune from motorvationefi to pep it up some more. On the SCT 87 octane tune I get 27 mpg and drive it like I stole it! New MMD tail light bezels and custom matte paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_MMD tails custom paint 001.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	157437  
Old 05-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
For the butthurt factor...
When you beat someone and then say "it's just a 6"
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #163

Region: Canada
It's all been said before but you are all correct. The V6 is a little beast that really confuses people when they realize they just got smoked by a sixxer. I've taken down several 10 and earlier V8s and love the sad a** look I get when I show the engine off. Plus the mileage on my DD is insane. I'd own a gas station if this was an eight.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1400702106594.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	157470  
ledsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The more I drive the 14 v6, the more I'm impressed. I still like my 92 5.0 but the modern v6 is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sparky9445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:26 PM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

There r many reasons why the 3.7 is worth it.. fastest v6 mustang produced! And great gas mileage! And for all the people who say ahh u didn't get a v8? Or u should have got a v8! You can just tell them to F off! 😃

Old 07-02-2014, 11:45 PM   #166
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Because mine just kept up with a SRT Challenger and a new Z28 at the local track's test-n-tune today. If I swap out my 2 year old street tires for some drag radicals, I should be able to give them a nice set of tail lights to look at haha.

Sent from your mom's house.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:20 AM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
Because mine just kept up with a SRT Challenger and a new Z28 at the local track's test-n-tune today. If I swap out my 2 year old street tires for some drag radicals, I should be able to give them a nice set of tail lights to look at haha.

What do u have under ur hood? Super or turbo?

Old 07-03-2014, 12:42 AM   #168
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
What do u have under ur hood? Super or turbo?

Neither. Full suspension (save for sway bars), Bama tune, CAI, longtubes, off-road h-pipe, 3.73 gears and aluminum driveshaft. The Challenger had a catback and tune. The Z28 was stock as far as I could tell. All 3 of us had traction issues since cars with street tires had to launch in the lane that hadn't been resurfaced yet.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:44 AM   #169
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Neither according to his mod list. However, judging from his mods, he's possibly breaking 12s at the strip. Awfully close to the mods needed and used by the fastest N/A cars. SRT I can understand. If it was a new Z28 (Not SS?), then the driver must suck. Those cars are fast, unlike the Challenger.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #170
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
Neither according to his mod list. However, judging from his mods, he's possibly breaking 12s at the strip. Awfully close to the mods needed and used by the fastest N/A cars. SRT I can understand. If it was a new Z28 (Not SS?), then the driver must suck. Those cars are fast, unlike the Challenger.
I think you're right about the Z28. Didn't get a chance to talk with him before he left, but it would fall on its face every launch. He may just need some practice.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post

Mind posting the slip?
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
The new SRT8 Challengers run 113-114 stock.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #173
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
Mind posting the slip?
Sure thing. I'll upload it once I get home from work.

Quote:
The new SRT8 Challengers run 113-114 stock.
He was running an average 13.4 at 108 mph. Like I mentioned, they were having street tire cars launch on the outer portion of the lanes where the track was pretty much bare asphalt, so all of us were running slower than we would have liked to. My best 60' was 2.2 which I know for a fact I can cut down to <2.0 if I get a solid launch on the good half of the lane
Old 07-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Its funny how not that many decades ago this was considered bad a$$ muscle. 2005 GT, 300 plus, horsepower. The 2011 3.7 model, just 6 years after this 2005 model has 300 plus (305) horsepower and that's not a real performance mustang to many mustang enthusiasts. HUH????? Crazy!!!

My 3.7 auto is just shy of 300 rwhp and launches me 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. Can run 150 mph especially since I have a one piece aluminum driveshaft and the speed limiter is removed. My 3.7 will beat many manual 5.0 owners off the line in the 1/4 because the average 5.0 owner isn't that great at driving manual. I have beaten 5.0's because the driver can't get traction or work his clutch and my 3.7 had zero traction issues and launches excellent. They can't catch up because I pulled way ahead and its to late because like the 5.0 our 3.7's love the power at higher rpm's.

The 3.7 is a bad a$$ modern day muscle car and has awesome potential with nothing more than bolt on mods.

Sent from my little Johnson.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1404395506464.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	160680  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #175
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Mind posting the slip?
Here ya go. He started to pull away in the last 200 or so feet. Beat me by just over a car length. Not my best run of the day, but you can see from our 60' times that traction was the enemy of the day. Maybe after their 4th of July event, the track will let those with street tires use the good half of the lanes haha.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1404402158806.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	160688  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang