Boss Laguna Seca sway bars + V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #1

Region: Illinois
Boss Laguna Seca sway bars + V6

Hey guys new here. Mostly been lurking around. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Boss 302 or Laguna Seca sway bars will fit the V6's? I saw some for cheap. I ask for a good reason. I don't want to put real aftermarket parts as my dealer won't give me a clear explanation regarding warranty and aftermarket parts. And because I know the LS front sway is the biggest one any Mustang has ever had. Btw I have the performance package if anyone is wondering so would regular Boss sways do anything?

Any other suspension bits fit from those?
PonyPower17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
As to rear sway bars, the V6 uses a 22mm rear sway bar. The GT uses a 24mm sway bar, the Boss 302 uses a 25mm sway bar, and the Boss laguna sega used a 26mm sway bar.

Any will fit, as long as you get the end links with them, as you'll never get V6 rear sway bar end links of a 22mm to fit the others, unless you drill them out (not recommended).

Another possible issue would be how it would handle (V6) with a Boss rear sway bar. Without the Boss rear tires/rims, you might introduce a large amount of oversteer (loose), as you are going to increase the rear roll stiffness of the car if using that rear sway bar and your stock rims/tires. The boss runs a 255 front, and a 285 rear tire/rim setup.

If you're talking about the ones on Ebay for sale, I beat you to the rear sway bar! The front one is up for grabs though (I think).
Old 03-24-2014, 11:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Sway bars should not affect your warranty. I got the steeda ultimate front and rear on mine. I think they are both 35mm and are adjustable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1395723186781.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	151811  
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2014, 02:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so front is 35mm and rear is 1.4 inches.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #5

Region: Illinois
The dealer isn't being very clear and on their policy and to be honest I rather not risk it. I'm just looking for a way to kill some body roll. How about the front sway bar from the Boss?
PonyPower17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Only way a dealer can void your warranty is if they can prove the part installed caused the failure. A swaybar wont hurt anything. Im not sure about the boss swaybar

Old 03-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Besides, its a Ford part! They'd not have a foot to stand on if you install a Ford part and have it affect the warranty.

However, the Boss sway bar 25MM for Boss; 26mm for Boss LS) may cause you some oversteer unless you do some other suspension mods; wider tires/rims for one. You won't be real happy with how your V6 handles with a boss sway bar (rear) and the stock rims and tires, especially on the street.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Bucko is right. Im running a 18x9 square set up getting ready to put 18x10 rears on. And it handles like a dream with the performance package suspension

Old 02-21-2015, 02:43 AM   #9
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Apologies for the thread resurrection.

If I wanted to put the GT sway bars in my V6, I would need the bushings and end links from the GT too, right?

Thanks for the help guys.
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang