BC Racing Coils - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
BC Racing Coils

Thinking of going a bit lower on BC racing coilovers, but they only sell 05-12? Apparently they fit on the 13 but require some modifications according to my research. How would they need to be modified? Also does anyone have experience with these coils?
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Have tou talked to the vendors customer support to find out why?
Old 03-25-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

they have a list that says it fits and when I emailed them they said it fits just fine... then I see people on forums or YouTube saying to swap out the mounts/make light modifications because they are different?
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Is this the E-90 part? I think that's the one I found for these cars.

As far as experience, I had them installed on my 1986 MR2 and daily drove on them for a little over 2 years. I think it will be a different experience though, because that car weighed 2300lbs loaded and wet. Even on their softest setting it was not a ride for the feint of heart, but I loved it. Also make sure you get the strut nuts tightened down, you may have to re-torque them after a week. Mine started popping after a few days, we tightened them back up and it never happened again. I never turned them up to their stiffest setting because I was worried about the rest of my suspension falling apart.

It's also hard to judge the improvement because that car already handled on rails. But if it helps; it didn't matter how hard I tried in that thing, I could not break tires loose. Virtually no understeer or oversteer...of course that's also with 130hp....
Old 03-25-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I actually heard the ride can be.... not as luxurious. But this was coming from luxury car owners and I thought they might just be crazy or used to that flawless stock ride. It seems to me short of spending 2-3 grand low and comfortable dont go hand and hand.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

You can get different spring rates which may help a bit but coils aren't meant for comfort, they're meant for handling. If you want your cake and to eat it too, you're looking at bags. My ride quality wasn't much different in the MR2 simply because I had been driving on blown struts with worn front mounts for the first few months I owned it. If you want form, go for bags. If you want function, you have a choice of coils or bags.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

lol bags seems a bit out if my budget. 3 grand just for the set up then add install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Haha I'm in the same boat. I just got springs to hold me over until I can get the BC coils, but if there's some modifications needed, I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. The digital bag setup with e-level is the only way to go in my opinion. If you're gunna do it, do it right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang