Rear gt emblem - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #71

Location: Baumholder Germany born and raised in the South Side of Chicago
Tru talent I want to punch your co workers in the face by chance do any of them own a gt 5.0 or higher? Their jealous dude tune your car and the cai and the borla exhaust all that will add quite a bit of hp plus tuning increases acceleration and handeling bro than chalenge those f% ck wads to a race

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
xavier1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
anybody have any ideas on how to get the GT faux gas cap OFF ?????
i'VE already got the pony anf cant get the GT OFF
tried dental floss but its not working , any ideas ???
Old 03-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Not one single rude remark about my Mustang being a V6. It may be because they all know I did a lot of Drag racing, Tracking and auto X-ING in my time. I have breakfast with my Street Rodder friends and belong to a Muscle car Club. I have friends that still track and drag race. I guess all my friends and people I know are "CAR PEOPLE" and just don't knock a persons car. I would think any idiot that will rag on you because your Mustang is a V6 is not worth arguing with. They are not true car people and after looking at the pictures of your Red Mustang, They are jealous and probably wished they owned that V6 Mustang.

You have your car for your pleasure and screw any idiot that don't like it as long as you like it. My Mustang is a V6 and I just won the People choice award at a huge Ford and Mustang roundup and I'm sure a lot of V8 mustang owners of all years voted for my Mustang. If they didn't I sure wouldn't have got that award.

A V6 or even a Turbo Four in a Mustang is still a lot better then most other cars as long as you love Mustangs.

I would not trade my V6 3.7 automatic Mustang for ""ALL THE TEA IN CHINA"" or any thing else.

Ronnie

U sure? theyve got some badass tea over there
Bedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I agree my problem is this is my first brand new car and swapping front ends, bumpers and let's just say body work in General is so intimidating! I've worke on my past cars but needless to say try weren't even close to being a 2013 v6 stang! I don't wanna mess stuff up yet I wanna do it all myself! It's a constant battle on what should I do and what I'm actually capable of doing! Being so young it's not like I have friends that could let me use tools and what not to do the swaps myself! That's part of the reason why i just wanted to badge it and upgrade the exhaust!
TruTalent94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I think i'm going to throw-up

+100
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I like the black vinyl on the race red stangs. I've seen a couple with black vinyl completely covering the hood and roof with some black wheels...looked sick IMO.
Connor323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #77
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
I just put a GT front end on my v6 because I like the fog lights and the look in general but there are big 3.7 chrome emblems on the front fenders announcing the v6.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #78
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hey TruTalent94

All you need to do is get some side stripes and a stripe across the top and some HRE Wheels and that car would be gorgeous. Your car is nice now but you need to do some Google and see what stripes you like. The Black 3.7 emblems will look good but get the side stripes first to see where to place the emblems. If you have a good window tint person they can usually install the stripes if you get them from American Muscle or E-Bay.
Changing the body on that car is not the way to go. The car looks great. It just needs to be personalized.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #79

Location: Baumholder Germany born and raised in the South Side of Chicago
I put the stipes on my 3.7 the day after I bought her and everyone has complimented and said it made a world of difference

xavier1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:44 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1293 View Post
I put the stipes on my 3.7 the day after I bought her and everyone has complimented and said it made a world of difference

Post a picture of it man! I love to see what you got!
TruTalent94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:26 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Wow , dont do it dude. Dont give those so called car enthusiasts the satisfaction. I look at as they are a bunch of beezy's,.

2013 mca 3.7: DIB
mods: sportline springs, bmr lca, steeda adj. uca, bmr panhard bar, lca relocation brackets, jlt cai, 91 mpt race tune, lethal o/r x-pipe, pypes m-80 resonators, pypes pipe-bombs.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:52 AM   #82
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTalent94 View Post
I agree my problem is this is my first brand new car and swapping front ends, bumpers and let's just say body work in General is so intimidating! I've worke on my past cars but needless to say try weren't even close to being a 2013 v6 stang! I don't wanna mess stuff up yet I wanna do it all myself! It's a constant battle on what should I do and what I'm actually capable of doing! Being so young it's not like I have friends that could let me use tools and what not to do the swaps myself! That's part of the reason why i just wanted to badge it and upgrade the exhaust!
I've worked on many automobiles and trucks, and can say with total confidence, it's easy as eating a slice of pie to remove the front and rear covers of these Mustangs. You can have the front bumber cover off in less that 90 minutes, and thats if it's your first time. The next time, it would be under an hour.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Personally hate the idea, kid at my school has a 07' gt, cloned it with stickers saying gt500 on the sides, plastic hood scoop whole 9 yards! Yet my sixxer beats his so called gt500, wouldn't go with it but i hear you.
IanTheFancy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanTheFancy1 View Post
Personally hate the idea, kid at my school has a 07' gt, cloned it with stickers saying gt500 on the sides, plastic hood scoop whole 9 yards! Yet my sixxer beats his so called gt500, wouldn't go with it but i hear you.
Ha ha ha. Love it. Funny stuff!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
I've worked on many automobiles and trucks, and can say with total confidence, it's easy as eating a slice of pie to remove the front and rear covers of these Mustangs. You can have the front bumber cover off in less that 90 minutes, and thats if it's your first time. The next time, it would be under an hour.

When I installed my Boss grille, it took me *maybe* 20 minutes to get it off. It's smooth sailing.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde View Post
anybody have any ideas on how to get the GT faux gas cap OFF ?????
i'VE already got the pony anf cant get the GT OFF
tried dental floss but its not working , any ideas ???
ANYBODY ??
Old 03-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampde View Post

ANYBODY ??
I'm lost on that one bro! Sorry.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
This should work. http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/i...C-13987009.pdf
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

I dont think I need to go to that extent Bro
I just need to pull mine off somehow , i just dont want to harm the paint
Old 03-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I think if you take if off like they show there's some clips on the back holding it in. Can't say for sure though.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
There's also two bolts in there. Heat it up with a blow drier, use floss/fishing line up, then start at the top down, then get your fingers in there and pull.
I saw Roush do it to a car in like 30 seconds lol

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:05 PM   #92
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Yep, open the trunk, remove the rearward plastic trunk panel, remove the bolts, then use fishing line or dental floss to get at the 3M automotive tape.

I'm betting stampde forgot the bolts....
Old 03-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Black or white are good choices with red (race red?). I have the black Boss style stripes on the sides, and on the hood:

Yes!!!!
What wheels are those? If you don't mind me asking. I'm rocking a set of 07 premium GT wheels, until my new set arrives
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1396098771.667010.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	780.7 KB
ID:	152193
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:13 PM   #94

Don't do it! My friend did the 5.0 on her v6 and it makes me laugh. It's somewhat ironic though because I have my 5.0 badged as a v6 to give a sleeper vibe
gthig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I think its a shame that enthusiasts like the OP feel the need to pose their car as something its not, just to feel cool. Sticking 5.0 side emblems and a plain ugly GT trunk emblem doesn't make one cool or impress anyone. In fact, having a 5.0 is not really impressing anyone for that matter and truth be known, PEOPLE DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WHAT CAR MODEL YOU HAVE!

Someone always has more, faster, bigger, nicer, etc. One should be proud of there ride, especially a mustang! Regardless of its engine size. One sticking on trunk emblems and hood emblems that don't belong on it, doesn't make someone's car super cool.

One should be proud of there V6 and make it their own. Keep it looking like its top shape, clean and just came out from the factory! Not give into the penis envy car clubs because the others have V8's and you don't. I belong to a local mustang club and I'm one of the few members who have a V6 model. Majority have V8's but funny how large majority of the V8 members have there cars always busted, crap is torn apart and barley runs on a consistent basis. Their ***** is always breaking or half apart but they have a big V8.

Anytime you try and get members to do a car cruise day , half have there crap broken and not running. I'm thinking I only may have a 3.7 but my ***** starts up 365 days a year and can go more than 10 miles down the road without fear of something exploding on it. They spend more time fixing crap that breaks then they do actually driving the mustang!

No need too be a complete poser and people will only make fun of you 10 times after they find out you have a V6 model and stuck GT emblems all over it. Be proud of your V6 man!
I couldnt have said it better my self.

I have a V6 and i love it but if i found out you were putting 5.0 and GT on a V6 even i would think you were lame for doing it and would make fun of you.

Heck if you are gonna go that far might as well get the shelby emblems and stick that on there.
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:44 AM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Unless your friends have 5.0s themselves, then they can shut the hell up. People will rag on you for having a V6 Mustang while they drive away in their Dodge Dart. Makes no sense...
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 04-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #97
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Yes!!!!
What wheels are those? If you don't mind me asking. I'm rocking a set of 07 premium GT wheels, until my new set arrives
Attachment 152193
These, I was told (bought the care with these already installed) are 18 inch GT wheels. The original owner ordered the car with them, kept the car for 2000 miles, then traded it in on a Ford Explorer, as his wife got upset that getting their 2 young children in and out of the back child seats was a pain!

However, I cannot seem to find these wheels in Chrome, as they are on my Mustang.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I would have to agree slapping badges of equipment your vehicle is not equipped with is rice... However, would it be rice if one were to slap v6 badges on a Supercharged GT?
Ali Tabooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Tabooger View Post
I would have to agree slapping badges of equipment your vehicle is not equipped with is rice... However, would it be rice if one were to slap v6 badges on a Supercharged GT?
Rice is faking what you don't have. Sleeper is going the other way.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Yes!!!!
Attachment 152193
Chrome 2010 GT Premium Wheels (10-14) - AmericanMuscle

Or

Chrome 2010 OE Style Wheels (10-14) - AmericanMuscle
gthig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I could have bought a 5.0 but chose my v6 instead. The direction mustangs are headed in the v8's will soon be obsolete. Plus nothing can describe the feeling you get when you see the face of the v8 guy that you just beat in the v6 they just talked sh*t about!!

I'd rather have a sleeper 6 than an 8 anyday of the week

Haters can eat a D
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

The new v6's are impressive. And ford will not drop the v8 I promise you that.

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
I could have bought a 5.0 but chose my v6 instead. The direction mustangs are headed in the v8's will soon be obsolete. Plus nothing can describe the feeling you get when you see the face of the v8 guy that you just beat in the v6 they just talked sh*t about!!

I'd rather have a sleeper 6 than an 8 anyday of the week

Haters can eat a D
There will always be a V8.

Are you saying you beat an equivalent year V* with a V6?!? Supercharged maybe. Confused
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #104
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I Agree

There will ALWAYS be a V8 in the Mustang. If Ford drops the V8 there are other company's that will put the V8 in like Shelby , Roush & others. At one time you could only get a four in a Mustang ( Mustang ll ) but in this day of performance cars Ford would probably not drop the V8.
I'll bet they come out with a High Performance Turbo six some time in the future.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
There will ALWAYS be a V8 in the Mustang. If Ford drops the V8 there are other company's that will put the V8 in like Shelby , Roush & others. At one time you could only get a four in a Mustang ( Mustang ll ) but in this day of performance cars Ford would probably not drop the V8.

I'll bet they come out with a High Performance Turbo six some time in the future.

Ronnie

With federal emissions standards becoming more and more constricting, I'm almost certain that Ford will drop the V8 engine as we know it. Unless Ford comes up with some sort of fuel saving/low emissions V8, I'd say the V8 engine's fate is sealed. Not today, not tomorrow, but one day.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang