Mail day - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Countrykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mcallen
Region: Texas
Posts: 76
Mail day

Just got home from work and had a few boxes show up in south Texas from AM! Looks like I get to have some fun tonight putting on the airaid CAI, MMD carbon fiber hood struts and a custom tune from Bama. Big shout out to American muscle for throwing in the banner for free before I purchased when y'all came out with the sale like the next day lol Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395784625.517862.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	754.9 KB
ID:	151898
__________________
[/SIGPIC]Ford racing rear axle with 3.73 gears. Airaid CAI. Bama custom performance tune. Borla ATAK axleback exhaust
Countrykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
ToP
Registered Member
Regular
 
ToP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: St. Louis
Region: Missouri
Posts: 126
Nice! You'll love the airaid CAI! It makes it sound like a beast when you open her up! Let me know how you like the BAMA tunes, I still haven't decided what tuner to go with. Enjoy!
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Always is great to have another Christmas day full of goodies!

Post some pics with "before" and "after" shots here!
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrykid View Post
Just got home from work and had a few boxes show up in south Texas from AM! Looks like I get to have some fun tonight putting on the airaid CAI, MMD carbon fiber hood struts and a custom tune from Bama. Big shout out to American muscle for throwing in the banner for free before I purchased when y'all came out with the sale like the next day lol Attachment 151898
Solid choice in mods Countrykid! You're going to love the CAI/Bama tune combo once it's installed. It makes a big difference in the cars overall behavior and even makes the engine sound a little meaner.

Thanks a bunch for the shout out too! Glad our guys hooked you up with the Bama banner. Do you have a spot in the garage already picked out for it?

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Countrykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mcallen
Region: Texas
Posts: 76
Thanks y'all. The tune and CAI are pretty awesome mods
@bucko have some pics going up later for sure ( no before pictures as I was to hyped to get everything on to take any!) @shane I have the banner in my room right now since I was basically running around town all night just jumping gears lol but I will soon
__________________
[/SIGPIC]Ford racing rear axle with 3.73 gears. Airaid CAI. Bama custom performance tune. Borla ATAK axleback exhaust
Countrykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Countrykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mcallen
Region: Texas
Posts: 76
Couple after pictures Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395871626.737066.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	493.5 KB
ID:	151980Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1395871646.073684.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	680.6 KB
ID:	151981
__________________
[/SIGPIC]Ford racing rear axle with 3.73 gears. Airaid CAI. Bama custom performance tune. Borla ATAK axleback exhaust
Countrykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:55 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Sweet! Like the sounds that it makes?
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mike2014V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ephrata pa
Posts: 156
I had that one on my last mustang! They do sound good.
Mike2014V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrykid View Post
Thanks y'all. The tune and CAI are pretty awesome mods
@bucko have some pics going up later for sure ( no before pictures as I was to hyped to get everything on to take any!) @shane I have the banner in my room right now since I was basically running around town all night just jumping gears lol but I will soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrykid View Post
Haha sweet! Hanging the banner in your room is always an option.

The Airaid CAI and Bama plaque look right at home. How do you like your Bama custom tune? Have you had a chance to really test it yet?

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Countrykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mcallen
Region: Texas
Posts: 76
Sorry for the long reply Shane. Yes I have had a chance to test the new tune out. I have a question though, I have never been to the drag strip but me ( and another v6 owner actually haha) want to try it out. Race tune, 3.73 gear ratio any suggestions??
__________________
[/SIGPIC]Ford racing rear axle with 3.73 gears. Airaid CAI. Bama custom performance tune. Borla ATAK axleback exhaust
Countrykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:56 AM   #11
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrykid View Post
Sorry for the long reply Shane. Yes I have had a chance to test the new tune out. I have a question though, I have never been to the drag strip but me ( and another v6 owner actually haha) want to try it out. Race tune, 3.73 gear ratio any suggestions??
If you expect to do continuous high speed runs at a track, maybe consider a one piece drive shaft.

I just read through a post on the General Mustang Forum about a member who ran their mustang at speeds in the 130's, and the drive shaft broke apart.

Scary.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Countrykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mcallen
Region: Texas
Posts: 76
Mail day

Have you seen the video on youtube of that? Guy has his camera out like he's recording the top speed on the highway and his driveshaft fails at 130. Need to get that one piece for sure
__________________
[/SIGPIC]Ford racing rear axle with 3.73 gears. Airaid CAI. Bama custom performance tune. Borla ATAK axleback exhaust
Countrykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #13
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrykid View Post
Sorry for the long reply Shane. Yes I have had a chance to test the new tune out. I have a question though, I have never been to the drag strip but me ( and another v6 owner actually haha) want to try it out. Race tune, 3.73 gear ratio any suggestions??
How do you like it? Hows the car feel at WOT and cruising?

When you're at the drag strip, make sure you drive around the water pit. Do a quick 1-2 second burnout outside of the pit to warm the tires. No need to smoke the tires by any means at all, that will actually work against you. Turn off all traction control and stability controls. Lastly, roll into the throttle at the track. If you're to hard on the gas, you'll never keep traction. Rolling into the throttle is a lot faster than spinning the tires!

Almost forgot- fill your tires up in the front to 38psi. Lower the rear tires to 24psi when hot. I've found this to be the best combo for street tires.

Lastly, make sure you take your time and have fun!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

How do you like it? Hows the car feel at WOT and cruising?

When you're at the drag strip, make sure you drive around the water pit. Do a quick 1-2 second burnout outside of the pit to warm the tires. No need to smoke the tires by any means at all, that will actually work against you. Turn off all traction control and stability controls. Lastly, roll into the throttle at the track. If you're to hard on the gas, you'll never keep traction. Rolling into the throttle is a lot faster than spinning the tires!

Almost forgot- fill your tires up in the front to 38psi. Lower the rear tires to 24psi when hot. I've found this to be the best combo for street tires.

Lastly, make sure you take your time and have fun!

Shane
Great advice. Thanks! Shane, on the street when I nail the gas pedal to the floor from a dead stop I'm not having tire spin issues and that's even with the factory 17 inch tires. I wonder if that's because I have an automatic and not manual? Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Countrykid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mcallen
Region: Texas
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
How do you like it? Hows the car feel at WOT and cruising?



When you're at the drag strip, make sure you drive around the water pit. Do a quick 1-2 second burnout outside of the pit to warm the tires. No need to smoke the tires by any means at all, that will actually work against you. Turn off all traction control and stability controls. Lastly, roll into the throttle at the track. If you're to hard on the gas, you'll never keep traction. Rolling into the throttle is a lot faster than spinning the tires!



Almost forgot- fill your tires up in the front to 38psi. Lower the rear tires to 24psi when hot. I've found this to be the best combo for street tires.



Lastly, make sure you take your time and have fun!



Shane

The tune totally wakes up the car. I hade a programmer on my f150 but that's child's play compared to this. Plus it flat out sounds meaner haha still getting used to the different shift points but it rides good bro
Those are sweet pointers, thanks for that
__________________
[/SIGPIC]Ford racing rear axle with 3.73 gears. Airaid CAI. Bama custom performance tune. Borla ATAK axleback exhaust
Countrykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:53 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
DEvermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Iowa
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Great advice. Thanks! Shane, on the street when I nail the gas pedal to the floor from a dead stop I'm not having tire spin issues and that's even with the factory 17 inch tires. I wonder if that's because I have an automatic and not manual? Lol
Hm. Maybe so. That's how mine reacts too tho -- if traction control is on. Remeber just pressing the button doesn't do it. If you are at the track or drag strip you need to press the brake and hold down the traction control button to take off both traction control and StabiliTrac.

Without it all off the car will cut your throttle back when u try to go WOT. These new fangled dealies are all computer controlled ya know...
__________________
2017 GT350 w/electronics package.
DEvermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:30 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post

Hm. Maybe so. That's how mine reacts too tho -- if traction control is on. Remeber just pressing the button doesn't do it. If you are at the track or drag strip you need to press the brake and hold down the traction control button to take off both traction control and StabiliTrac.

Without it all off the car will cut your throttle back when u try to go WOT. These new fangled dealies are all computer controlled ya know...
Unless its raining out. I always turn my traction control off. When I nail the gas pedal down from a dead stop Wot I'm not having spinning issues. If one's traction control is on and they nail it from a dead stop, the car acts funky and yuck! Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:59 AM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
Nice! You'll love the airaid CAI! It makes it sound like a beast when you open her up! Let me know how you like the BAMA tunes, I still haven't decided what tuner to go with. Enjoy!
+1 Airaid's are the best
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:23 PM   #19
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Great advice. Thanks! Shane, on the street when I nail the gas pedal to the floor from a dead stop I'm not having tire spin issues and that's even with the factory 17 inch tires. I wonder if that's because I have an automatic and not manual? Lol
Does this happen with all of your tunes or is it just your Bama tunes? I know you run a few different companies.

I believe the Bama Team came across a new table a year or so ago with the v6 automatic tunes. Other guys were having similar issues to yours and Bama was able to fix it and tweak all the v6 auto tunes moving forward.

Let me have one of our best Bama Tuning Specialists get in touch with you and take a look. I'm sure he'll be able to make some improvements!

Shane



Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrykid View Post
The tune totally wakes up the car. I hade a programmer on my f150 but that's child's play compared to this. Plus it flat out sounds meaner haha still getting used to the different shift points but it rides good bro
Those are sweet pointers, thanks for that
My pleasure buddy! It's awesome to see you're thoroughly enjoying the new tunes. If you don't like the shift points, how high they are or how aggressive they are (more or less), Bama can always change this for you. Simply give them a call and the number in my signature and describe to them what you would prefer. They'll be able to tweak the tunes accordingly!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Does this happen with all of your tunes or is it just your Bama tunes? I know you run a few different companies.

I believe the Bama Team came across a new table a year or so ago with the v6 automatic tunes. Other guys were having similar issues to yours and Bama was able to fix it and tweak all the v6 auto tunes moving forward.

Let me have one of our best Bama Tuning Specialists get in touch with you and take a look. I'm sure he'll be able to make some improvements!

Shane

My pleasure buddy! It's awesome to see you're thoroughly enjoying the new tunes. If you don't like the shift points, how high they are or how aggressive they are (more or less), Bama can always change this for you. Simply give them a call and the number in my signature and describe to them what you would prefer. They'll be able to tweak the tunes accordingly!

Shane
Shane, my bama tune is spot on bro and even my MPT and Steeda tune doesn't cause me tire spin issues. I just nail the gas pedal too the floor from a dead stop and she goes baby. I do have an automatic so perhaps that's why I'm not having traction issues.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chain E-mail, but this one is worth reading. WhiteStang99 The Bar 5 07-13-2004 01:19 PM
Mail Down? Dom ME Site Help & Announcements 5 01-31-2004 09:19 PM
mail problems should be over. Rellik The Bar 1 10-18-2003 07:15 PM
mail server is down: Rellik The Bar 0 10-17-2003 10:49 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.