Another Tune Debate Thread - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Another Tune Debate Thread

So right now I'm debating between getting a Lund and paying the $100 extra for their tune. $470 range for Lund right now (1 tune).

Or just going with the Bama for $375 after I get the forum discount. Then eventually trying out a MPT tune for $75 later.

Purchasing the new SCT X4. I know Lund and MPT have more aggressive tunes and this will be me DD and occasional fun car.
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
So right now I'm debating between getting a Lund and paying the $100 extra for their tune. $470 range for Lund right now (1 tune).

Or just going with the Bama for $375 after I get the forum discount. Then eventually trying out a MPT tune for $75 later.

Purchasing the new SCT X4. I know Lund and MPT have more aggressive tunes and this will be me DD and occasional fun car.
For me it's either Lund or nothing he's one of the best in the business for a reason MPT is also one of the better tuners out there so I think you'll be happy with either one. Stay away from Bama. I've heard people that have had Bama tunes say that they don't really see a difference in performance and end up switching.
MadGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
So should I save the money and try Bama and Mpt or just straight shot Lund for one tune

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
If you want it done right the first time you should go with Lund. You won't regret spending the extra $
MadGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
A new potion is motorvationefi in Tennessee, call Tj.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post

Hey,

You are certainly looking at the best of the best here, all of these options will give you a quality tune.

I currently run a Bama tune on my own car and could not be happier with it. It really pulls hard all the way through the RPM band and took off almost 4 tenths at the strip!

If your car is a daily driver, I would really recommend going with the Bama tunes due to the versatility they provide between the street, performance and race tunes. It will give you a streetable tune when you need it, and an aggressive tune when you want it. Furthermore, with free tunes for life, you can update your tunes as you update your build with no additional cost.

Bama tunes more Mustangs than any other company out there, and I am confident you will see why if you go with one. I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, feel free to get in touch with myself, or our Bama tuners listed below my signature. Good luck!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm thinking mpt personally i want at least one tune to include the ghost cam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Here's my thoughts on your situation. Either go Bama while your modding your car till your completely done because of lifetime free tunes. Then switch to MPT or Lund for your final tune.
Or just go MPT and pay $75 every 6 months while completely finish your modding, then either keep MPT or switch to Lund.
I went the Bama route, then swapped to the MPT tune. I knew it was going to take longer then a year to finish my all my mods that needed a re-tune. Also I didn't look at your profile but the best Automatic tune would be from Lund. If I ever get a converter installed on my auto I will probably go with Lund or stay with MPT.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I know this doesn't work for every mod but a lot of stuff mpt sells they will update your tunes free. Although I'm a big advocate for shopping around don't forget paying 10 more dollars or maybe the same at mpt might be worth the free updates.

On the other hand free tunes for life is a good thing to have even if you switch to Lund or Mpt you'll always still have free bama tunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Lund also updates for free as long as it's not a change like nitrous or going forced induction. So basically free tunes for life if you'd like to think about it that way.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have both Bama and MPT. The MPT is the most agressive between the two and it shifts much harder and seems to accelerate a bit faster. All around a better racing tune IMO. However your MPG suffers, which is why i occasionally run my Bama tunes. I like the Hybrid tune the best from Bama..it's a pretty beefy tune.. I will say it downshifts much faster than the MPT, but that was with a datalog revision. I'd say get the bama tunes and then but the MPT, both are worth it, both are good tunes.
2013 DIB 3.7-Pypes Pype Bomb black axlebacks, BBK shorty headers, Bama & MPT tunes, Steeda Ultralite Springs, J&M steel adj. panhard, Roush hood scoop, Street scene Gen 2 chin spoiler painted to match, Custom billet grille, painted side mirror covers, 20" gloss black AMR wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos.

Follow me on instagram @that_deep_impact
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Steeda maybe?
sunnytan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Steeda ... safe, powerful & reliable ... search the threads ... we have a very good reputation when it comes to tuning. We also have tunes for life & the new SCT X4.

Let me know if I can with anything ... you can reach me at tim@steeda.com if you have any questions?

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:42 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
[QUOTE=jonyou;1977763]So right now I'm debating between getting a Lund and paying the $100 extra for their tune. $470 range for Lund right now (1 tune).

Purchasing the new SCT X4. I know Lund and MPT have more aggressive tunes and this will be me DD and occasional

Bro, I run Bama and MPT tunes and both are great. I have been running bama tunes for over 3 years and never a days problem. Some people didn't have good results with Bama but I love AM along with Bama. They never did me wrong and higly recomend Bama, or MPT. Also, love my MPT tune as well.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang