Advice; quick reply, please! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Advice; quick reply, please!

I just got a call from my dealer. They are "done" with my car!

Problem:
1. They never found the leak.
2. I think it is leaking from the side or bottom
3. Rain is in the forecast this weekend

Should I refuse delivery of the vehicle and request they do a more comprehensive leak search? Wait for it to leak more and bring it back again, because it am certain it will leak again?
ageless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
the way I see it they're responsible if they claim no leak was found and you incur damage on their behalf. Perhaps explain the situation at the dealer show more comprehensively to a mechanic or tech where the problem is and at the end of the day be sure you have a record saying there is "no leak"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Don't know if you saw my other post but the car was being taken in for the leak last Monday and the engine failed on the way to the dealer. They replaced the engine (ready to pick up this morning) but said they can't find the leak. Hasn't rained since dropping it off and it is forecast to rain all weekend, so will likely be having to go back tomorrow or Monday when it inevitably leak again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I've seen a few threads about this leaking situation on here.. Id find a thread that actually says what was wrong and what they did to fix it if you can. print it out and take it up there to them. I'd definitely be mentioning lemon law if i were you. A brand new car that needed a new engine already and leaks, Scary.
2013 DIB 3.7-Pypes Pype Bomb black axlebacks, BBK shorty headers, Bama & MPT tunes, Steeda Ultralite Springs, J&M steel adj. panhard, Roush hood scoop, Street scene Gen 2 chin spoiler painted to match, Custom billet grille, painted side mirror covers, 20" gloss black AMR wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos.

Follow me on instagram @that_deep_impact
Deep_Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

deep impact is right you'd have a serious case for a new car if they keep it up.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

To file for lemon law, the dealer gets 3 chances to fix the same problem, so currently you won't have a case, yet.

Take the car. Make sure you get a copy of the repair ticket. Make sure it has something written on it about the leak complaint, regardless of what their repair was.

If it leaks again, take it back, and let them know this is round 2. Again, get a copy of the repair ticket when you go to get the car a second time. It's up to you wether you wish to tell them you plan to file a lemon law claim after round 3 (and it still leaks). Me, I'd say nothing until it goes in for round 3 (assuming it does not get repaired after the first two attempts.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
What leak are you talking about? I'm lost. lol
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

deep impact is right you'd have a serious case for a new car if they keep it up.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby2013 View Post
He originally took the Mustang in for a water leak into the cabin (re-read his post). At or around the same time, his engine gave out. So, they replaced the engine (oil pump failure), but claim they cannot find a source for any water leak.
Two problems, not linked.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSancho View Post

Check the laws in your state. Lemon laws may differ from state to state, but most states allow the dealership 3 attempts to repair the same fault (three different faults do not count as one) before you can file.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ageless1 View Post
Don't know if you saw my other post but the car was being taken in for the leak last Monday and the engine failed on the way to the dealer. They replaced the engine (ready to pick up this morning) but said they can't find the leak. Hasn't rained since dropping it off and it is forecast to rain all weekend, so will likely be having to go back tomorrow or Monday when it inevitably leak again.
If they replaced the engine, could that be the reason you no longer have a leak?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
If they replaced the engine, could that be the reason you no longer have a leak?
This is what I was thinking. That's why I asked what he was talking about. If they warrantied it before just drive it home and if she blows up again take her back. lol. Maybe you can get to three new engines and get a new ride. I got a new one from them for paint, so I think you can get one for an engine issue if it sticks around.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
My dad had me to hold a water hose on his mini cooper and he sat in the car and found the water leak that way. Just a thought.
Green5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys, I called my FCS rep (Mark) before contacting the dealer this afternoon. I voiced my concern about the leak and he called the dealer to work out an overnight stay (supposed to rain tonight). I stopped in and talked with the service guys and he reported that the leak guy (they sub leak work out to a leak company) spent an hour and a half and could not find any leaks. I explained that I park my car uphill and the circumstances that I found the leak and we found an uphill location to park it and they will call the guy out again tomorrow.

Here's some issues, the notes from the leak guy looked like it said 15 min, not 1.5 hrs but it was poorly written and upside-down from my angle. The ford tech also said he took up the carpet but I have to call B.S. because in order to get the carpet up, you need to remove the following parts: Sill plate, kick panel, passenger seat (which would require the battery terminal to be disconnected), rear seat, center console, rear quarter panel trim and the seat-belt anchor- I highly doubt that he (or anyone) is able to do that, water test, put it back together, hook up the battery and write it up in 1.5 hrs., let alone 15 minutes. Likely- he ran a hose over the cowl and door seals and called it a day. Kind of irritating that the likely outcome will be that tomorrow will reveal nothing to him and I will take the car back knowing that I will have to bring it back in as soon as Monday.

I intend to call Mark, from Ford Customer Service tomorrow if they again report that they can't find a leak. Any other suggestions on who to speak with and what to say to get this resolved properly?

I saw pictures of the oil pan after they drained and dropped it... looked like a dang pineapple grenade went off in there! I am trying to get them to email me the pics so I can share.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I posted the original problems on this thread: "Brand new and already in the shop" (sorry, I'm new and any links I post get sent to a moderator, i think) I started a new thread to specially address the water leak issue.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

If Deysha is on this forum get ahold of her, if not I know she's on Allfordmustangs forum. She will get stuff taken care of.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If Deysha is on this forum get ahold of her, if not I know she's on Allfordmustangs forum. She will get stuff taken care of.
She's on vacation... I connected with her last week on "themustangsource". The girl covering for her sent me a message telling me she was on vacation, then I got a call from Mark the next day...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang