Thinking about buying a Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2014, 03:49 AM   #1

Region: Other
Thinking about buying a Mustang

Hi everyone,

I've sold my Mazda MX-5 NC 2007 Hardtop and I'm considering an option to buy a Ford Mustang 2011-2014(New) V6/V6 Premium

I have a 2 options due to my country (Israel) limitations:

1) Buying a mustang local from a very limited list of maybe 2-3 mustangs which is changing every now and then... - Requires time and patience
2) Bringing a 2012+ from a dealer (Only 2 years back can be brought) from the US. - My Preffered Option

I'm looking for a plain & simple low-mileage automatic stock car which will serve me as a daily car as well as a weekend car.. I do not wish to get into mods any time soon.

I would be really greatful to hear some of your advices from:
* What should I be aware of when I buy this car ? any "special diseases" for specific model/year?
* Considering I buy a Mustang from a US dealer remotely. Would you consider this a high risk purchase?
* I've seen some $2500-$3500 Below prices at US dealers. Is this normal?

Would be very gladly appreciated to hear any advice that might give me some tools to examine this purchase wisely.

Best Regards,
Liran
retal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
You will love a 3.7 V6 Mustang

If you are looking used from a dealer be sure to ask about "CERTIFIED" Ford used car. Get the extended warranty. "CERTIFIED" means that the Mustang is like new condition and has been gone over by Ford to be a good car.

Of course if you are buying a new 2014 leftover it will be covered by the warranty and just look for the discounts and incentives from Ford.

Don't buy anything that has not been "CERTIFIED" by FORD. It will probably be a Mustang that had problems or a Flood car or heavily Modified. It's just not a good Idea as far as you are away buying sight unseen.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #3

Thanks.. After some work and research I decided to go for a 2014 Mustang V6 Base
MSRP $22,510
- Color: Oxford white - $0
- Interior: Charcoal Black - $0
- 6-Speed Select Shift Automatic Transmission - $1195
- Tech Package (102A) - $1295
- FP6 Apperance Package - $795
- Reverse Sensing System & Security Package - $695
- Ebony hood and slide stripes - $395
- Left & Right Side Scoop - $225 (I understood it does not come from Ford already assemblied and needs to be painted by dealer??)

- Destination Charge: $825 (New Jersey for exporting to Israel)
TOTAL: MSRP $27,935

For cash deal, is it possible to buy one for a $21K ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Welcome to ME, retal. Sounds like you've done your research.

Have you given any thought to going with a 2015 when they become available in Europe?

2003 Sonic Blue GT Vert
SonicBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
If you are looking used from a dealer be sure to ask about "CERTIFIED" Ford used car. Get the extended warranty. "CERTIFIED" means that the Mustang is like new condition and has been gone over by Ford to be a good car.

Of course if you are buying a new 2014 leftover it will be covered by the warranty and just look for the discounts and incentives from Ford.

Don't buy anything that has not been "CERTIFIED" by FORD. It will probably be a Mustang that had problems or a Flood car or heavily Modified. It's just not a good Idea as far as you are away buying sight unseen.

Ronnie

Great advice, and Certified also gets you 7yr/100,00 mile powertrain warranty vs 5/60,000 on new car. Also has a 4yr/48,000 bumper to bumper, better than new car warranty. Only problem I see with this, if there are no Ford dealers in Israel, I don't know how he is going to get warranty service.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I'm sure there are Ford Dealers

They just could not sell Mustangs until the 2015 comes out. With a 2014 OP will have a great car that not to many people will have.
As far as the $21,000 offer! All you can do is ask. I would think asking to pay about $23,000 out the door would be a better request.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlue View Post
Welcome to ME, retal. Sounds like you've done your research.

Have you given any thought to going with a 2015 when they become available in Europe?
This is exactly why I want to buy now.. before the 2014 models will be discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Great advice, and Certified also gets you 7yr/100,00 mile powertrain warranty vs 5/60,000 on new car. Also has a 4yr/48,000 bumper to bumper, better than new car warranty. Only problem I see with this, if there are no Ford dealers in Israel, I don't know how he is going to get warranty service.
Well, since I'm doing a remote distance deal, I might be at high-risk when buying a used car.. also I did not see much of a difference between a new and a used low mileage 2012+

About the warranty in Israel... There is a ford dealer in Israel but I have no idea if he gives warranty for a Mustang since he does not sell them here. I'm going to check it though..
Old 03-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by retal View Post

About the warranty in Israel... There is a ford dealer in Israel but I have no idea if he gives warranty for a Mustang since he does not sell them here. I'm going to check it though..

Good idea you have about checking with him. Can he work with the US dealer you found the car at and get it shipped in? Would that help with warranty concerns if he won't take care of you otherwise?
Old 03-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #9

Well I surely knows he won't bring the mustang by himself but I do need to check about the warranty and what would be the procedure in case of a problem..
Old 03-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I surely knows he won't bring the mustang by himself but I do need to check about the warranty and what would be the procedure in case of a problem..

I was thinking maybe you could buy the car from him. Dealers in the states will work things out between each other if a customer finds a car like they but it is not in their inventory.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #11

Problem is that the local dealer in israel brings cars only from europe
Old 03-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Problem is that the local dealer in israel brings cars only from europe

Ok. I guess all you can do is find out about warranty service through him.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Thanks.. After some work and research I decided to go for a 2014 Mustang V6 Base
MSRP $22,510
- Color: Oxford white - $0
- Interior: Charcoal Black - $0
- 6-Speed Select Shift Automatic Transmission - $1195
- Tech Package (102A) - $1295
- FP6 Apperance Package - $795
- Reverse Sensing System & Security Package - $695
- Ebony hood and slide stripes - $395
- Left & Right Side Scoop - $225 (I understood it does not come from Ford already assemblied and needs to be painted by dealer??)

- Destination Charge: $825 (New Jersey for exporting to Israel)
TOTAL: MSRP $27,935

For cash deal, is it possible to buy one for a $21K ?
Yes dealer would want another $200+/- for painting.
The approx low price would be Invoice minus $3,000 in Rebates.
The invoice would have to include Advertisement fees of about $500.
So like ronnie948 already mentioned, $23K would probably a bit more realistic and maybe $200 to 300 above that.
I just ordered mine about a week or so ago for invoice minus $200 but invoice included $533 for ad fee and gasoline charge. Oh plus most, not all, dealers charge a documentation fee of between $200 and $400. That's on top of the car price.
Now they may or may not have exactly what you want. If they don't, ordering may be too late. I think it ends around the end of March or 1st few days in April.
Good luck!!
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
If they don't, ordering may be too late. I think it ends around the end of March or 1st few days in April.
Good luck!!
What ends? the -$3000 Ford Rebates?

Also, I'm trying to understand... People are now waiting for the 2015 mustangs or they all want the 2014 before it ends?

Also when is Ford going to stop making the 2014 models ?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
What ends? the -$3000 Ford Rebates?

Also, I'm trying to understand... People are now waiting for the 2015 mustangs or they all want the 2014 before it ends?

Also when is Ford going to stop making the 2014 models ?
To the best of my knowledge, factory ordering a new 2014 is about ended or within a couple of days. Like I had said, "I think it ends around the end of March or 1st few days in April." You may have to settle for what's available in dealers stock.

The rebates that show up on the ford website say today is the last day for those particular rebates. But it's common for new Rebates to start when others end. But no guarantees. Don't you visit the website? Look up INCENTIVES!

I think ordering for the 2015's will start around August.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang