Tint Fix It? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Tint Fix It?

It only took a week for me to get stopped and get a fix it for the front tint windows, ugh hate CA haha. When I drove my 2011 Camry I had the tint all at 5% and 20% on passenger and driver side, never got stopped. Obviously these cars catch more attention but man a week? I'm just wondering for people who got these fix it's what approach did you take? Did you go lighter? Pay the $100+ fine? Or left then as is and kept going around till someone signed off? The cop basically said "we have to be able to see the driver" my only issue is that she stopped me late at night of course visibility will be harder. During the day the tints are very visible from the outside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondUno View Post
It only took a week for me to get stopped and get a fix it for the front tint windows, ugh hate CA haha. When I drove my 2011 Camry I had the tint all at 5% and 20% on passenger and driver side, never got stopped. Obviously these cars catch more attention but man a week? I'm just wondering for people who got these fix it's what approach did you take? Did you go lighter? Pay the $100+ fine? Or left then as is and kept going around till someone signed off? The cop basically said "we have to be able to see the driver" my only issue is that she stopped me late at night of course visibility will be harder. During the day the tints are very visible from the outside.

In case you don't know, every citation including fix it tickets, are stored. Anytime your stopped, an officer can look at your violations. If you have been cited once, don't ever expect a break on the second one.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

^yeah from what I read second one would just be a ticket and no "fix it" option. I might just end up getting them lighter 35% to avoid future problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
I just roll my windows down when I see a cop my tint is blacked out
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
I just roll my windows down when I see a cop my tint is blacked out
Bingo!

I also live in CA and have 20 all around.

Planning on moving to rural VA though.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Tint Fix It?

I got 15% on the sides and rear windows and 5% strip on the front windshield and I haven't been stopped once. I guess the cops have other things to worry about. I live near a big city so you see illegally tinted windows all the time. In your case OP leave 'em be for now. I wouldn't want to spend more money on my tints after just getting them installed.
MadGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I read alot about people doing that, but in certain occasions the cops will see them before you roll them down and still give you a ticket!
@MadGenius Right! As of now I will try to get them signed off on a sunny day when they don't look as dark.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:20 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
While I can understand the style and looks that everyone wants with tinting, put yourself in the mindset of the police officer that pulls someone over for a traffic violation; they walk up to the car, cannot see in, and in a split second, they could be shot and killed.

This is why the laws are what they are. For their saftly, they have to be able to see into a vehicle. Not saying anyone here plans to run some sort of illegal issue with their too dark tinted windows, but how can a police offer be able to know?
Old 03-31-2014, 03:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I already have the ticket signed off (family friend who is a cop) so no biggie. He told me that the car is one of the top 5 cars that grab attention, and that most likely I was stopped due to the car. Everything bucko said is true and I was told the same by our friend. I will be changing the tint to 35% (even that is still borderline from being stopped) I would have to go with 50% to assure not being stopped by a cop.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:18 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It's not just about the officers safety. Tinting limits your visibility putting everyone at risk.
In California: The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:30 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Lol I just did the tint and did 35% for that very reason. I didnt wanna be putting down my windows everytime I saw a cop.

32% is legal here in ga so I wasnt going to be playing around.

Obviously the darker it is the cooler the car looks especially my black on black stang. However it is not worth wworryingstressing everytime you see a cop if he willl pull you over.
1800CoolGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:16 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800CoolGuy View Post
Lol I just did the tint and did 35% for that very reason. I didnt wanna be putting down my windows everytime I saw a cop.

Obviously the darker it is the cooler the car looks especially my black on black stang. However it is not worth wworryingstressing everytime you see a cop if he willl pull you over.
And being a nice person towards the officer by obiding by the law goes a long way. Refreshing to see that folks still care enough to put others safety at mind.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I have tint all around. I've been driving like that for over a year now and have never been pulled over *knock in wood*
Old 04-06-2014, 08:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
It's not just about the officers safety. Tinting limits your visibility putting everyone at risk.
In California: The windshield and front driver's side and passenger's side windows cannot receive any aftermarket tinting.
If the rear window of a vehicle is tinted, the vehicle must have outside rearview mirrors on both sides.

Another reason why Cali doesn't like car people :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800CoolGuy View Post

Hey I'm in georgia too with 5% all around including front strip and no problems for almost a year haha I drive through cobb and Fulton county everyday
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Tint Fix It?

I have a friend here that has very dark tint on his yellow mustang, limit is 50% here in VA on driver and passenger windows, well... He is way darker than that, I'll ask him tomorrow what percent the tint is. You can barely see him through the drivers window during the Day.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

Incorrect. 75% on front windows is allowed. Granted it's almost nothing, it's still a tiny bit.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I have a friend here that has very dark tint on his yellow mustang, limit is 50% here in VA on driver and passenger windows, well... He is way darker than that, I'll ask him tomorrow what percent the tint is. You can barely see him through the drivers window during the Day.

Probably 5%

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang