2014 with V6 performance Package - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
2014 with V6 performance Package

Still waiting for delivery!
In researching my options for lowering springs I find a lot of warnings and/ or requirements to also consider struts and shocks or adjustable panhard bar to replace the fixed length factory bar, camber plates, bumpsteer kit. ???
All I want to do is lower it 1" front and 1 1/4" rear. Some say they didn't have to do anything. Many owners apparently added one or more of the above mentioned items.
I don't like going into things in the dark and getting surprised after the fact.
One thing I couldn't determine is...does the fact that I will have the Performance Package with "Larger front sway bar and SVT rear sway bar, Unique front springs and Unique stability control calibration have any bearing on what to upgrade?

Thanks for any suggestions or comments you may have on the subject.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
As far as suspension is concerned, you will have a good setup from the get go with the performance package. I'd drive it the way it comes for awhile to see how happy you are with it. Try some twisties, or at a weekend track event if you desire (I do and have a blast). Be warned: it's additive!

As to lowering, many highly recommend that you add an adjustable pan hard bar if you go 1 and 1/2 inches in lowering. If you are going 1 inch, you should be alright.

I posted last week on a thread as to what the performance package comes with (GT front sway bar, rear sway bar, etc). You can always go bigger for sure, but it really depends on what you plan to use the Mustang for. If it's going to be 95% street use, keep what you have in the suspension parts. Going to larger front or rear sway bars over the performance package can mean larger tires for the back (I.E. going to a Boss or Boss LS rear sway bar). These two have the 25 and 26mm respectively rear sway bars, but with much larger rims/tires. Without the rims/tires, your current ones with this type of upgraded sway bar would only produce some serious over steer.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info bucko! the reason I said 1" front and 1 1/4" rear was because that's what the ads said for the Eibach Pro-Kit. Some suppliers of the same springs said 0.8 front / 1.2" rear, which would be fine. I was going to research if just dropping the rear to level it out is an option.
I've never done any track and I'd be reluctant to at my age. Don't want to embarrass myself. But I'm sure if I did I would definitely be addicted. I adopted a new motto I picked up from someone on another forum...:Live Fast....It Won't last!

Just street driving with maybe fast on and off ramps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
I have a 2014 V6 with the PP and I went with the Eibach pros. I didnt want to slam it or have to worry about other suspension related issues. From what I read its a nice drop for a DD.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I have a 2014 V6 with the PP and I went with the Eibach pros. I didnt want to slam it or have to worry about other suspension related issues. From what I read its a nice drop for a DD.
Thanks...that's exactly what I was hoping to hear.
Did you have the alignment looked at afterwards?
Old 03-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Thanks...that's exactly what I was hoping to hear.
Did you have the alignment looked at afterwards?

Im sorry I forgot to mention...I didnt put them on yet. I bought them based on reviews. Ive had other cars in the past that were lowered and 1" shouldn't be a problem. Every thing Ive read said less than 1.25" and you shouldn't need any thing else.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Im sorry I forgot to mention...I didnt put them on yet. I bought them based on reviews. Ive had other cars in the past that were lowered and 1" shouldn't be a problem. Every thing Ive read said less than 1.25" and you shouldn't need any thing else.
Well thanks for the clarification.
From what I understand, if it's just the effects from the fixed panhard bar, that's something that i could check myself without the need to go for an alignment check.

That subject just came up on another forum and I asked what exactly do I measure? Maybe you already know this but I don't. I was wondering what is typically used as a reference to termine the offset of the rear end. If I'm understanding it correctly.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I will say this about the Performance package, it will pull almost 1.2 G's stock both left and right.
The Pan Hard bar will push the rear end to the left when it is lowered, when I lowered my 2010 it was 1/16th more to the left after being a 1/16th more to the right stock.
I taped a pendulum to the fender while the car was sitting on level ground and measured to the wheel.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang