What color should I get?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #1

Region: Michigan
What color should I get?!

So I ordered a GHIG 2014 V6 Premium, but I am having second thoughts. I got the MCA package and a glass roof too.
Dad thinks it's too flashy and I am going to get too many tickets. Mom loves the color. I know you either love or hate it but what do y'all think? Stick with the GHIG, or get a more subtle Kona blue, black, grey, or red metallic?
I have 1 week to change my mind...
Thanks for the help!
Dabaja23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
The green is definitely unique, if you like it I would go ahead and get it. Just drive reasonable and you wont get tickets.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Honestly it's up to you...you're the one that is going to be driving it every day, so pick which color suits you. You went with the GHIG first, so that seems like it's what you want. I think every color looks good on the newer stangs. I personally went with black. And you'll only get tickets if you're doing something illegal...you're going to get the same speeding ticket whether your car is green, blue, black, etc. These cars draw attention regardless of color.

If you do stick with GHIG, some black wheels, stripes, and tinted lights/windows would look sick.
Connor323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I say go with it, my wife gave me a hard time about wanting a GHIG stang, i couldn't find a grabber blue local so I went with dib. GHIG was my first choice. A little fyi, I've gotten tickets in almost all my mustangs except for my 96 mystic cobra, go figure.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
Go with what YOU want, dont let anyone's opinions change what YOU want. After all its going to be your brand new car that your gonna be making payments on.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Hey what ever color you decide on your gonna love it. I promise.

2013 mca 3.7: DIB
mods: sportline springs, bmr lca, steeda adj. uca, bmr panhard bar, lca relocation brackets, jlt cai, 91 mpt race tune, lethal o/r x-pipe, pypes m-80 resonators, pypes pipe-bombs.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have 1 of 3 ghig known in my area and you will not believe the attention it gets. I've had people want to take pictures of it instead of the gt500 I was parked beside. It's done very well at car shows and always looks clean. It's ultimately up to you but I think you will like it!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
air_commando88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a few pics

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1396495251509.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	152750   Click image for larger version

Name:	1396495270335.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	152751  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1396495293959.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	152752   Click image for larger version

Name:	1396495322617.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	152753  

Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by air_commando88 View Post
Here is a few pics

Sweet ride. How dark is your tint?
Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! Tint is20% if I remember right

Old 04-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Cool, I have 40% in the front and 15% on the rest. I may go down to 20% because that looks really good.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I personally think that GHIG is one of the nicest colors on a mustang. In fact, after seeing air_commando's pics I'm a little jealous lmao
SouthFLV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #13
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I have not seen the GHIG yet but if you want a car that stands out go for it...but, Race Red the fastest color.

Your Dad is right in the GHIG attracting attention from folks and to a Cop it will more easily get their attention but you can tell him it will force you to drive slower and since it is a Hi-Vis color it's safer since other motorists will find it easier to see you.

this comes from someone who didn't mention the words "Performance Package" to his wife, I just said it has "Upgraded brakes and tires"
Old 04-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Go with what YOU want. Anything else will lead to regret. I like the color and Kona. I like the stealth look so went with Gterling Grey and lots of black but again, your car man. NOONE else needs to be happy with the color.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Stick with GHIG. Awesome color. They are gonna get you no matter what color or car you are driving if you are doing something wrong. I'm sure most of the people you see pulled over now are driving normal, everyday cars. If you go with a different color thinking it will save you a ticket and you still end up getting one, the first thing you will say is "I should have gotten GHIG. It's what I really wanted and I got a ticket anyway".
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Go with what YOU want. Anything else will lead to regret. I like the color and Kona. I like the stealth look so went with Gterling Grey and lots of black but again, your car man. NOONE else needs to be happy with the color.

I agree, you are gonna have to deal with looking at your car every single day, so get the color you really love. GHIG is a great color. I myself was set on GB for a while and thought with the FP6 appearance package it would be awesome. But then I thought about how GB is one of those colors that means that everyone is gonna see you coming and going. Not flashy, but attention grabbing. So I decided, instead, to do what NaplesStang did and went for a gray and black theme. Love it, don't regret it in the least!
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
What color should I get?!

Double post
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I looked for a ghig but couldn't find one with the options I wanted so I went with my next favorite color white. I would have just ordered it but I couldn't wait. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1396632354.547405.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	655.7 KB
ID:	152886
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #19

Region: Connecticut
I love my sterling gray metallic. I can't belive hope many compliments I get on the color.
sdheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I wanted ghig, but ended up with deep impact blue. I can say I love my color, but ghig is so bad ***. I think it's a bit of a mind set, look at me! But there is nothing wrong with that! Keep ghig, tell dad your a peacock, "you got to let me fly". ( otherguys).
dacm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:21 PM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Get the color you like.

Don't worry so much about the police because most cops don't even think about the color of a car except for giving a description if your Speeding or doing something stupid. That Green you like is nice and if you want it ,GET IT.

The items that get POLICE attention are loud pipes like Borla ataks or Magnaflow Comps etc. Not so much the color of the car.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Good question.

I have a Grabber Blue 2014... Honestly, I have regrets. It gets LOTS of attention, more than I want. Plus, I'm getting older (23), and trying to build my career, and I don't think it helps to be "that guy" with the neon-colored Mustang.
Grabber Blue is still pretty tolerable, but I would have gotten rid of the GHIG by now...

Anyway, those are some things I didn't consider before jumping on the color. I do love the color, but I wish I would have considered the implications of being the guy in the super bright blue mustang... I would prefer to be in a more anonymous silver.

But maybe I'm just overthinking it... Do what you want; all we could do is help you understand the pros and cons of the color that you might not have considered.

Oh, and I don't think cops will care much more. I've only gotten pulled over for going way too fast, it had nothing to do the with the car. Though with illegal tints, you'll probably get noticed a whole lot more.
kutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:21 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
It's your ride, do what makes you happy. You are the one that's going to be driving and living with it.
Hiram2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor323 View Post
Cool, I have 40% in the front and 15% on the rest. I may go down to 20% because that looks really good.

I got 15% up front and 2.5% the rest and i love it. I hate people gawkin in at me lol
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #25

Region: Michigan
Thank you guys for all the input, and the motivation. I'm going to stick with what I want and get the green. I saw a green one in person today and I couldn't stop smiling.
Thanks again!
Dabaja23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #26
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Red Candy sure gets the attention.

I keep her very clean & SHINY and She just gleams and beams. I have only been stopped once and it was for doing 30 in a 25 mph zone. No ticket. I was the last car in a line all doing the same speed in a road that had no speed limit sign.
I have had people wait outside of a store more then once to ask about my Mustang. I'm guessing it is the candy red paint that attracts people.
Gotta have it green and the bright blue are also probably paople magnets.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I keep her very clean & SHINY and She just gleams and beams. I have only been stopped once and it was for doing 30 in a 25 mph zone. No ticket. I was the last car in a line all doing the same speed in a road that had no speed limit sign.

I have had people wait outside of a store more then once to ask about my Mustang. I'm guessing it is the candy red paint that attracts people.

Gotta have it green and the bright blue are also probably paople magnets.

Ronnie

5 over is ridiculous. I don't think a cop would even write a ticket on that, probably get laughed right out of court. Maybe he just wanted to check out your car!

Yes, Grabber Blue does turn a lot of heads also. Not bragging, just saying. You don't see many, and they stick out like a sore thumb, but in a good way.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang