exhaust toss up??!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #1

Region: North Carolina
exhaust toss up??!!

Morning all!! im in need of some opinions i have been torn for a few weeks now on exhaust and does and donts.... OK so here it goes... I have option of catbacks or 40 series FM mufflers ( or other brands) or 40 series and glasspacks combined or just glasspacks with my tips welded back on out the rear!?? HELP!! i do not wanna sound like a very angry bee and i know i wont be able to get the v8 rumble but i want close and loud! any input would be appreciated! . feel free to email me or reply on here.
rochester87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Go flow masters. Keep Ur cats.the deeper you keep it the better it will sound with a 6.
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #3

thanks!! i appreciate it.. but should i go with glasspacks and flowmast mufflers.. ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochester87 View Post
thanks!! i appreciate it.. but should i go with glasspacks and flowmast mufflers.. ?

Flowmaster 44 will be Ur best bet!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #5

thanks!!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Which catback? Flowmasters sound terrible in my opinion. They sound like a ****ty tin can. But hey that's just me u may love them. I say muffler deletes and glass packs on the front end of the OTA piping. Not directly on the muffler delete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

exhaust toss up??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Which catback? Flowmasters sound terrible in my opinion. They sound like a ****ty tin can. But hey that's just me u may love them. I say muffler deletes and glass packs on the front end of the OTA piping. Not directly on the muffler delete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I don't like FM as well but he needs something to keep it deep and low for it to sound good and not horrible. The louder it gets the worse it sounds with a v6 if u stay on the low and deep route it will sound good. I've heard a v6 that did this and it sounded close to a v8.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
There seems to be a ton of hate on Roush but I love my Roush axlebacks. I ended up getting the Ford racing midpipe installed which might eventually become an offroad xpipe or hpipe when I tune. My buddy has Borla ataks and I like my sound more for 1/3 the price.

My advice is dont take anybodies word for it. Go to shows ask local mustang groups to hear the car and go for rides. Youtube doesnt do any exhaust justice and youre the one who has to live with terrible drone or fart can exhaust if you make a hasty decision!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I have a friends who literally sounds like it's farting
Old 04-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSancho View Post
There seems to be a ton of hate on Roush but I love my Roush axlebacks. I ended up getting the Ford racing midpipe installed which might eventually become an offroad xpipe or hpipe when I tune. My buddy has Borla ataks and I like my sound more for 1/3 the price.

My advice is dont take anybodies word for it. Go to shows ask local mustang groups to hear the car and go for rides. Youtube doesnt do any exhaust justice and youre the one who has to live with terrible drone or fart can exhaust if you make a hasty decision!
Great advice on attending shows to here the exhaust note up front and personal!

And I don't think folks hate the Roush, just that it's loud....very loud.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #11

Region: Virginia
I have FM super 44's and they sound fantastic. H-pipe with high flow cats and shorties should sound even better.
Mustang_Riker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust