Group Buys? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Group Buys?

Has anybody on Mustang Evolution considered trying to get group buy deals? Especially little things like dash lights or vinyl we could probably get a few dozen people in on.
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I'd be interested in this
Connor323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor323 View Post
I'd be interested in this

+1
3.7L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Me to
walter0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
+1
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

+1
colemaneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

agree totally
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

+1
Frozen Yettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

so what would we buy? I'm in the market for coils but I could see something simple like replacement plate lights getting more attention. simple often overlooked mods everybody can do that arnt overly expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2014, 06:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSancho View Post
so what would we buy? I'm in the market for coils but I could see something simple like replacement plate lights getting more attention. simple often overlooked mods everybody can do that arnt overly expensive

On a lot of other fourms the sponsors will have a section where they either offer parts or take suggestions and if they can get enough people to purchase it they will offer it at 'X' amount of a discount. Although I know AM on here gives members here a discount after you've been a member for a while so it's kind of the same thing except you can buy what you want when you want without getting other people to buy at the same time.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

this is true and am does offer competitive pricing... wonder if they'd consider doing better than 6% if we got say 15 people to purchase something

Old 04-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I agree. On a motorcycle forum and we have group buys usually 15-20% based on number of people who commit

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Group buys always worked well on >>>

The North american Mini forum. It worked good on expensive things and allowed a good price cut on stuff.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
how do you know the people will actually go thru with the purchase.
AM or a different sponcer should post a one day crazy sale for member's of this forum. I appreciate the 6% however double it for just one day every 6 months for members of this site and I bet they will have a pile of sales.
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
how do you know the people will actually go thru with the purchase.
AM or a different sponcer should post a one day crazy sale for member's of this forum. I appreciate the 6% however double it for just one day every 6 months for members of this site and I bet they will have a pile of sales.
Sometimes they do it in good faith although I've seen them require prepayment as well to make sure your serious.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Sounds like a good idea, it just depends on what the item is and the % off.

How would this work though?
Old 04-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

perhaps the order would be held until a certain number of buyers were reached. so long as they are a reputable vendor I don't see why paying a week in advanced for a sweet discount would really bug me.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I don't see the LED replacement lights getting much attention.. You can just get them at Diode already pretty cheap and have them in two days instead of waiting on everyone just to save a couple bucks. Just my 2 cents on that though. Now if we had a group buy on say the LPF turbo........ lol just kidding. It's just hard to do a group buy cause no one can agree and like one particular product enough to look into it. That's why we have forum discounts to AM and a few other places.
Colby2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

okay so call me crazy but what about a group buy on mpt tunes? I see a ton of people asking about them and even those with bama tunes often say they are more aggressive. the price is high enough that it would be worth a discount while still being low enough many could have the money on a semi short notice. further, they arnt offered on am (our discount doesn't apply) Hell id buy a few tunes

Old 04-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
The only way I could see doing this is by doing a 1 week or 1 month poll on the forums (depending on utilization of the poll) with let's say 5 parts. You'd have to make a poll in each sub-section one for the 2010 - 2014 V6, one for the 2010 - 2014 V8, etc. for most parts. Perhaps even 2 polls in each section one for performance mods and one for appearance mods. After each vote you must make a post in the poll thread on which part you're interested in. The first part to reach let's say 15 (just throwing out a number here, AM would have to specify) votes would be the one that the group buy discount would apply for. Next AM would need to send a private message to the first 15 people (or however many) who voted for the part that won. After that you'd be given a window of time (let's say 1-2 days) in order for everyone to place their order into a special section on the vendor's website or by phone so that you're not charged until all 15 (or however many) people order.

Just an idea.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Question Good Idea but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSancho View Post
Has anybody on Mustang Evolution considered trying to get group buy deals? Especially little things like dash lights or vinyl we could probably get a few dozen people in on.
Good Idea but it will never happen. We can't get anyone to agree about the difference between a V6 and a V8.

So how would anyone agree on a ordering the same general parts for their Mustang?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I'm so set on the idea of mpt tunes. Everybody and I mean everybody can use em even if they just want to add ghost cams. It's not so much a physical part they have to discount it's more of a service and tons of people who already are tuned want to try mpt but they're expensive

Old 04-07-2014, 05:31 AM   #23
Admin

Supporter
Admin

These group buys can be a great savings deal if you can get it all organized and have a vendor willing to offer the deal.

However, ME cannot be responsible for any issues pertaining to the group buy. All payment collection, and payment delivery is up to the group itself.

Let the buyer beware.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #24
Registered Member

Regular

Group Buys?

How about shift nobs? They're relatively cheap and a great mod. I've always wanted one, but keep passing it up for bigger mods. Plus they aren't v6/GT specific so we can get a lot more people on board.
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang