Car relearn and bama tuner question. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
:Update:
So my car is off to the dealer for an alignment and oil change so I switch back from my 93race tune to stock and just starting up the car I notice WAY better throttle response just sitting in park! I'm actually pretty upset about this whole tune goes away after a few days thingy and I've been running the 93race tune since I had my 3.73s in with only 94 octane. Bama or AM if your listening there is 100% something going on with the car that somewhat/somehow is over riding the tune! My car is a manual and I only speak on behalf of the motor. I'm at the point where I won't go spending x amount of dollars on tunes somewhere else only not to be sure the same thing keeps happening. There absolutely must be a fix for this WITHOUT disconnecting the battery cable every couple of days!

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
:Update:
So my car is off to the dealer for an alignment and oil change so I switch back from my 93race tune to stock and just starting up the car I notice WAY better throttle response just sitting in park! I'm actually pretty upset about this whole tune goes away after a few days thingy and I've been running the 93race tune since I had my 3.73s in with only 94 octane. Bama or AM if your listening there is 100% something going on with the car that somewhat/somehow is over riding the tune! My car is a manual and I only speak on behalf of the motor. I'm at the point where I won't go spending x amount of dollars on tunes somewhere else only not to be sure the same thing keeps happening. There absolutely must be a fix for this WITHOUT disconnecting the battery cable every couple of days!

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
Holy ****, I was about to create a new thread on this very experience I'm having with my tunes!!

Firstly: my engine started making this weird ticking/pinging/knocking (I don't know the exact term) every time I'd press the paddle to accelerate. It would sound normal DURING WOT though, its just the initial phase when gas it.

Secondly: I thought maybe its the bama tune, so I put my stock tune back on - I removed the big white glassy fuse on farther left hand corner of the box for about 10 secs. Well, it drove like anything but a stock car!! Yes it felt quicker on ****ty ford tune. 2 days later - same lagy throttle response. So I removed that fuse again, started driving and voila!! It feels quicker again - much like going from stock to custom tune where you can tell a difference.

Yes people manuals also have this relearning feature!!

|| BlackOnBlack ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

After creating this thread I'm actually relieved to hear others having this very issue! The tune itself works for me every time I change, race to street ect, the car feels great throttle response is excellent. I'm really shocked that the bama team hasn't experienced this on their test cars! We as customers are clearly noticing a change over a period of days! I'm assuming our cars are all created equally (3.7s) and any data logging I'm sure can be done in house at bama to figure out what is exactly going on! I can feel the slightest difference about my car and can yell y'all something is up!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I thought it was just perhaps i was getting use to the tune .It was great the first couple of week i'm using the 87 street tune now and at first i had no lag but now it feels like stock again with the lag ..The 89 performace seem to do the same thing when i had that on sweet above 3000 rpm after a couple of weeks nothing..Ill try the battery thing if that doesn't work see if bama can help
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Same happend to me I have a 14 v6 and after a couple days my check engine light came on and my power was gone disconnected the batter then retuned it and it ran fine had to do that 2-3 times and it's been running fine for a week now I'm staring to notice a loss in power I'm going to be getting mpt ghost cam soon hopefully it will fix it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I'm waiting to see if its the tuning company (Bama) or our cars computer causing this. Either way this should be fixed pronto! I'm not investing in tunes from other companies until I find out why this is happening and which tuning company doesn't have these issues!

Old 05-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm waiting to see if its the tuning company (Bama) or our cars computer causing this. Either way this should be fixed pronto! I'm not investing in tunes from other companies until I find out why this is happening and which tuning company doesn't have these issues!

When you find out please let everyone know man this is pretty serious...

Old 05-13-2014, 09:30 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Wow, this sounds ridiculous. Not the fact that you have to re-tune every couple of days, but what's going on inside of the tune that [gradually] 'ruins' the car's performance? Didn't Bama just recalibrate all of their 11'+ tunes?

I'm glad I went with Steeda on my GT. Still pulls as hard as it did three months ago with no problems at all.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:02 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I want to follow this thread.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:42 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Wow, this sounds ridiculous. Not the fact that you have to re-tune every couple of days, but what's going on inside of the tune that [gradually] 'ruins' the car's performance? Didn't Bama just recalibrate all of their 11'+ tunes?

I'm glad I went with Steeda on my GT. Still pulls as hard as it did three months ago with no problems at all.
Without any bias towards no one, I'd say its not the tune causing your car get sloppy over the time. More like the relearning thing in its PCM. I currently am running STOCK tune for the past few days (manual tranny) and righr after I pull out that fuse, it feels like a whole new animal. Only to become sluggish again in a day or two.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
Old 05-14-2014, 05:28 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I agree that it is the car's re learn that changes the tune, but if this doesn't happen with other tune providers like Lund and mpt than it is something with the tune and bama needs to address this! The whole reason we all buy tuners for our cars is to get better performance and drivability from them all the time, not just for a few days. If it doesn't happen with other tune suppliers than I can't understand how bama has missed this. Please if anyone has been running the same Bama tune for more than a week try removing the battery cable for 10mins or reloading another tune, and post your findings! I instantly noticed better throttle response! We need to get to the bottom of this!!!!! I've always supported bama tunes but this is ridiculous. Also others that are running different tunes other than Bama please chime in as your insight and comments are welcome and may shed some light on this ****ty issue!

Old 05-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Craziness I think ima call bama on this.. Cause 400$ for a tuner that only works for two days isn't something I would invest in..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Craziness I think ima call bama on this.. Cause 400$ for a tuner that only works for two days isn't something I would invest in..
Yea haha I would like my money back for sure. ..

Old 05-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

At least 150$ so I can buy a new tune from mpt

Old 05-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3racing View Post
At least 150$ so I can buy a new tune from mpt

So 150$ for mpt? Do they shut off the relearn process? I would want a confirmation before I invested in any more tunes lol
Old 05-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

This isn't just bama guys. I run my mpt tune and have the same problem. It's the relearn feature.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:45 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So 150$ for mpt? Do they shut off the relearn process? I would want a confirmation before I invested in any more tunes lol
That's exactly where I am!

Old 05-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
This isn't just bama guys. I run my mpt tune and have the same problem. It's the relearn feature.
+1. I ordered a JMS 87 max power/performance tune for $50 - pulls just hard as BAMA's hybrid (or maybe better) and is certainly more responsive. Couple days down the road - lost its quickness.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

PS: there is indeed a fix for fuse 47/relearn feature. You have to use a relay that completed the circuit for fuse 47. Meaning every time you turn off the ignition, it will cut the current going to this fuse and when you turn your key on - it will start receiving the current again. Well some where along these lines lol

There's a thread on allfordmustangs by a person who did this. Google 'relay to disable adaptive shifting in mustangs'

Old 05-14-2014, 06:36 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
PS: there is indeed a fix for fuse 47/relearn feature. You have to use a relay that completed the circuit for fuse 47. Meaning every time you turn off the ignition, it will cut the current going to this fuse and when you turn your key on - it will start receiving the current again. Well some where along these lines lol

There's a thread on allfordmustangs by a person who did this. Google 'relay to disable adaptive shifting in mustangs'

So when you disconnect the neg battery ter that's not the same as pulling the fuse out .I did mine today it does seen to run like it should for a 87 st tune but for how long i shall see.. But its funny after all they sold and the reviews that this is the first time we heard of this..Every one on these forums seems to have one you know.
jek57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jek57 View Post
So when you disconnect the neg battery ter that's not the same as pulling the fuse out .I did mine today it does seen to run like it should for a 87 st tune but for how long i shall see.. But its funny after all they sold and the reviews that this is the first time we heard of this..Every one on these forums seems to have one you know.
I never paid attention to this so called relearn thing. I always thought maybe I'm getting used to it, bad tank of gas, not enough hot out there for traction and what not.

Personally, I don't take out the neg terminal nor the fuse 47. I plug out the glassy one in far left hang side corner of the fuse box for about a minute - it does seen to reset everything! - resets the stereo functions, menu controls, steering wheel feeling etc much like how it came from the factory.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 05-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post

Am should sell one of these, I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes!!

Old 05-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Its not really plug and play. You gotta do wiring to get around it to fix the issue.

Here's the thread:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...r-auto-v6.html

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 05-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Never had this issue on my 2006 V6 when I was running Bama's tunes. Maybe it's only for 11'+?
Old 05-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Guys, what year 3.7 do you have that your having this relearn issue? I only ask because I have been running performance tunes in my 2011 for 3 1/2 years and never had I need to pull fuse 47, or had the car loose its power.

Sent from my little Johnson.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:28 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Guys, what year 3.7 do you have that your having this relearn issue? I only ask because I have been running performance tunes in my 2011 for 3 1/2 years and never had I need to pull fuse 47, or had the car loose its power.

2014 here.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 05-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

2014 here. Maybe it's just on the 2013 plus that they introduced the adaptive shift.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

......... that may have been the plan from the start.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
2014 here. Maybe it's just on the 2013 plus that they introduced the adaptive shift.
You may be right because up until recently I have never heard about 2011-12 models having this fuse 47, relearn issue. I have heard about the fuse 47 issue but don't think its an issue for us 11-12 model owners.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Quote:
You may be right because up until maybe year ago I have never heard about 2011-12 models having this fuse 47, relearn issue. I have heard about the fuse 47 issue but don't think its an issue for us 11-12 model years.

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a 2014 3.7 .. I have not received my tuner yet from AM but I have noticed lag in throttle when I put on my CIA.. After pulling fuse 47 my car runs a lot meaner.. But when I purchased my tuner I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to keep doing this.. Smh
Old 05-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I think everyone is getting confused with the terminology. If you have a manual you don't have adaptive shift, its for auto's only. However, on the 13&14's there might be some other relearn feature for the engine itself that is separate from the adaptive shift. I wouldn't put it past Ford. The 13's&14's have the rev lock so you can't do brake stands on auto's...leads me to believe they have other stuff hidden in that code as well.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Why ford thought it was a good idea I'd beyond me. What is supposed to be the benefit of it?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Has there been ANY feedback from any of the tuner companies about this issue for the 13-14 V6? I find it kind of disconcerting that there seems to be no response on this. Don't want to spend $400 for a tuner and still have to pull fuse #47.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
I think everyone is getting confused with the terminology. If you have a manual you don't have adaptive shift, its for auto's only. However, on the 13&14's there might be some other relearn feature for the engine itself that is separate from the adaptive shift. I wouldn't put it past Ford. The 13's&14's have the rev lock so you can't do brake stands on auto's...leads me to believe they have other stuff hidden in that code as well.

Whhhat!! No way they really have rev lock? It's funny I haven't done it yet but I have been having the intention to try it out lol!! And now I find out my car can't even do that.. Ima go try it regardless in a minute lol I have had so much trouble spinning the wheels with my auto tranny and no tune..
Old 05-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Whhhat!! No way they really have rev lock? It's funny I haven't done it yet but I have been having the intention to try it out lol!! And now I find out my car can't even do that.. Ima go try it regardless in a minute lol I have had so much trouble spinning the wheels with my auto tranny and no tune..
Have fun trying. I bet you $5 bucks your car doesn't rev over 2k RPM's.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang