Car relearn and bama tuner question. - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
I have a 2014 3.7 .. I have not received my tuner yet from AM but I have noticed lag in throttle when I put on my CIA.. After pulling fuse 47 my car runs a lot meaner.. But when I purchased my tuner I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to keep doing this.. Smh
Should I pull fuse 47 and put it in glove box and never put it back in or what?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
I think everyone is getting confused with the terminology. If you have a manual you don't have adaptive shift, its for auto's only. However, on the 13&14's there might be some other relearn feature for the engine itself that is separate from the adaptive shift. I wouldn't put it past Ford. The 13's&14's have the rev lock so you can't do brake stands on auto's...leads me to believe they have other stuff hidden in that code as well.
+1. I have a manual and can for 100% say something is happening.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3racing View Post

I wouldn't run the car without the fuse in. Just unplug it while the car is off then plug it back in before you start back up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
Its not really plug and play. You gotta do wiring to get around it to fix the issue.

Here's the thread:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...r-auto-v6.html

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
This relay is your best solution, as opposed to driving the car without a fuse.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
I wouldn't run the car without the fuse in. Just unplug it while the car is off then plug it back in before you start back up.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
According to what I'm reading, EVERY 2014 3.7 auto-trans with a Bama Tune will have this problem. Is that a correct statement?

Where is American Muscle on all this? Why haven't they chimed in with a comment? Their lack of participation doesn't help the issue at all. I'm losing confidence.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
Have fun trying. I bet you $5 bucks your car doesn't rev over 2k RPM's.

Wow you were right haha.. I was excited when I saw the revs go up bit then disappointed that at 2k it just stopped I owe you 5 lol
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

this goes with the 47 fuse pull thread. I called BAMA and it is a thing where the car computer makes adjustments. You can pull that fuse for 10 min. you can disconnect battery for 10 minutes. I am not sure about all tuners but the SCT has a thing where you can reset CAM this will do the same thing. ALL Tunes from all companies have this issue though
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedG View Post
According to what I'm reading, EVERY 2014 3.7 auto-trans with a Bama Tune will have this problem. Is that a correct statement?

Where is American Muscle on all this? Why haven't they chimed in with a comment? Their lack of participation doesn't help the issue at all. I'm losing confidence.
+1, its eerily quiet on their front with both of these threads going at the same time?!

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
this goes with the 47 fuse pull thread. I called BAMA and it is a thing where the car computer makes adjustments. You can pull that fuse for 10 min. you can disconnect battery for 10 minutes. I am not sure about all tuners but the SCT has a thing where you can reset CAM this will do the same thing. ALL Tunes from all companies have this issue though
This BAD news totally sucks! I'm pretty pissed off that that we are sold these tuners and NOT being told oh yeah BTW if you want everything to stay perfect tune wise, disconnect the battery cable every few days like a ****ing moron or pull out a fuse so your **** will go back to fast like it was! Sorry but this blows! I'm not dropping a ****ing dime into other tunes nor will I continue to support bama UNTIL this is issue is resolved! Total bull****!!!!

Old 05-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
This BAD news totally sucks! I'm pretty pissed off that that we are sold these tuners and NOT being told oh yeah BTW if you want everything to stay perfect tune wise, disconnect the battery cable every few days like a ****ing moron or pull out a fuse so your **** will go back to fast like it was! Sorry but this blows! I'm not dropping a ****ing dime into other tunes nor will I continue to support bama UNTIL this is issue is resolved! Total bull****!!!!

This is ****ing retarded!! Yeah sure the tuning company is great itself, but what's the point of selling a half *** cooked product for $400?!

Fast ford: can you edit the tittle of this post to something like BAMA/Steeda/MPT tunes : car relearning issues?

- maybe we can get a better response from AM and other tuning companies' reps.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 05-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #81
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
My feeling is none of the tuner companies are going to enter these threads on this subject and respond. Too many angry members to contend with and they would have to stand by whatever answer they would give. It would be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, a "no win" situation. From what I've read, this pretty much squarly sits on Ford's shoulders. The tuners can only do so much if there is something in Ford's system that ultimately overrides the tuners programing. I mean, does it say on any of the tuners websites that they will override a primary system design in favor of their tune? Just curious and just my 2 cents.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #82
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

No, you are partially correct. EVERY AUTOMATIC regardless of the tuner has the adaptive learning. It is part of the Ford programming that can't be overcome by the tuners.

It isn't a Bama/American Muscle issue

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote:

Quote:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
JimC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
My feeling is none of the tuner companies are going to enter these threads on this subject and respond. Too many angry members to contend with and they would have to stand by whatever answer they would give. It would be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, a "no win" situation. From what I've read, this pretty much squarly sits on Ford's shoulders. The tuners can only do so much if there is something in Ford's system that ultimately overrides the tuners programing. I mean, does it say on any of the tuners websites that they will override a primary system design in favor of their tune? Just curious and just my 2 cents.
Well IMO I believe that a tune should set a car to the tunes written parameters and keep it there. I think we have agreed that the car is changing whatever parameters the tune should be. Now things like spedo correction is fine as it is always correct with my 3.73s but it's well documented that our cars computer will advance and ****** timing WITHOUT a tune to maximize HP with higher octane fuel, something mustangs of years past can not do. So IMO its very well possible that the car will not respond further than fords parameters and start to ****** timing and spark to a maximum of what, let's say the 93 octane specs would be from the factory making our tunes almost completely useless. I was just thinking about what one of the AM reps told me about my car surging after I installed the new gears along with the 93 race tune, he said it should be fine after a few miles because the idle relearn will correct it and sure enough he was right, but isn't that adjusting some part of the tune parameters? Just proof that if the car detects something that isn't OEM parameters and it will try to correct it. Then tune, when installed works fine, but it's like the car starts to correct it. Just my 2.5 ยข.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Same here. '13 running Bama and no issues in the past nine months.

To be clear, what you guys are experience is not subtle right? Very obvious power loss??
Old 05-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

i just used special function on my sct sf3 tune. reset kam. i dint notice power loss really but when did i noticed some gain i think. must go away gradually as relearns ... or in my head. lol. try it and lmk what think

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post

To be clear, what you guys are experience is not subtle right? Very obvious power loss??
My ignorance was bliss.

I didn't know I had a problem until I started reading this thread. After reading, I pulled #47 and reinstalled. The difference was like night and day. I'm running the 93 Hybrid.

NOW I know I have the problem.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEvermore View Post

Yes it's noticable. The best way to see if your being affected is to just pull the fuse and when you plug it back in, see if you notice a difference.. Then again maybe ignorance is bliss and your better off leaving it alone lol.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Just did a little digging on another forum and pulling #47 also resets the throttle. The manual guys popped in and are experiencing the exact same issues and said by pulling 47 resets their throttle and it made a huge difference. The said it went back to that "snappy" feeling which is exactly what I'm experiencing.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just did a little digging on another forum and pulling #47 also resets the throttle. The manual guys popped in and are experiencing the exact same issues and said by pulling 47 resets their throttle and it made a huge difference.

I'm a manual and I pulled 47 for the first time today and it's sooooo much better Idk for how long though :\

Old 05-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
This feels like the Watergate scandal. We've uncovered a lie!!!! Lol
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm a manual and I pulled 47 for the first time today and it's sooooo much better Idk for how long though :\

Does anyone know? Is it based on days, or mileage? Knowing the schedule would really help.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Already starting to run sluggish again smh

Old 05-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Will the car run without fuse 47?

Old 05-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Will the car run without fuse 47?

I'm going to test that tomorrow after work I'll post a video

Old 05-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Nice, if it does mines coming out
Keep us posted.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm going to test that tomorrow after work I'll post a video

For the sake of discussion lets say even if the car
runs without fuse 47, I wouldn't risk doing so. That fuse is there for a reason and since our mustangs have everything controlled via a computer - you don't want to get stranded in the middle of a hwy or ruin your engine/warranty if ever something weird comes up.

As I've mentioned before, your safest bet is to use wire up the relay for 47. It opens the circuit every time you turn off your car (equivalent to taking your fuse out), and closes it when you turn the key on (just like putting your fuse back). Result: your car resets its learning thing on its own, without physically taking #47 out every few days.

Just my 2 cents for your and others safety. Choice is yours

Quote:
Nice, if it does mines coming out
Keep us posted.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 05-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
For the sake of discussion lets say even if the car
runs without fuse 47, I wouldn't risk doing so. That fuse is there for a reason and since our mustangs have everything controlled via a computer - you don't want to get stranded in the middle of a hwy or ruin your engine/warranty if ever something weird comes up.

As I've mentioned before, your safest bet is to use wire up the relay for 47. It opens the circuit every time you turn off your car (equivalent to taking your fuse out), and closes it when you turn the key on (just like putting your fuse back). Result: your car resets its learning thing on its own, without physically taking #47 out every few days.

Just my 2 cents for your and others safety. Choice is yours

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||

If you did the relay though you would need to calibrate it everyday when you turn on the car.. Like wait for the engine to warm and allow a minute of idle and turn ac on for another minute? Wonder what would happen if you had it set with a relay and didn't re-calibrate it
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you did the relay though you would need to calibrate it everyday when you turn on the car.. Like wait for the engine to warm and allow a minute of idle and turn ac on for another minute? Wonder what would happen if you had it set with a relay and didn't re-calibrate it
Where did you read it? I just saw that post again, I couldn't find anywhere that you have calibrate it and such. Or maybe I'm missing something?

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Car relearn and bama tuner question.

Delete
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Doing it this way will prevent the car from surging which has happened to me but it lasts only about 5 minutes if that if you drive it and don't do the relearn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang