Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8? - Page 10 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #316
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Who needs psi when I'm installing a flux capacitor!

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #317
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Goggle can only be used properly if your IQ is a minimum of 100+ so with that being said , I recommend you don't use google lol... BUT I double checked it JUST FOR YOU and google says no more than 10 psi on a stock 4.6 3v motor.
But google told me 20psi! :someMoreStupid****: :morePopcornBecauseIKnowULoveIt: :MorePopcornF*ckIt: :Lmao: :iKnowUEnjoyTheseSoHeresMore:
Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #318
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Who needs psi when I'm installing a flux capacitor! 2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic. Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
How much HP does Google say that's worth? Lmao.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #319
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
How much HP does Google say that's worth? Lmao.
Lol, let me check! 1.21 jigawatts. Lmao!

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #320
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol, let me check! 1.21 jigawatts. Lmao! 2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic. Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
Lmao. Dam that's beast! & since google said it we know it's true! Lmao.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #321
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Who needs psi when I'm installing a flux capacitor!

You too. I got a flux as well. Ha ha ha
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #322

Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8?

One thing has been established (within the first two pages of this thread); having a V6 will destroy ones ability to punctuate while forcing a continuous stream of laughter (out loud).
Old 04-19-2014, 11:40 PM   #323
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
You too. I got a flux as well. Ha ha ha
lol....
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:45 PM   #324
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyobohunter View Post
One thing has been established (within the first two pages of this thread); having a V6 will destroy ones ability to punctuate while forcing a continuous stream of laughter (out loud).

gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:58 AM   #325

I have a 95 cobra and I never get to fully use it to it's potential:/ get a v6 it'll save you so much money
Gibbyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:46 AM   #326
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Back to thread topic >>> no regrets on my purchase , the V6 as a daily car has plenty of go and not to bad MPG's on regular gas, mine has the 6 spd manual trans making it a fun sporty car. I find interesting the wide demographics on Mustang owners from hormones ranging teens to full boring seniors .
Old 05-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #327
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydos View Post
Back to thread topic >>> no regrets on my purchase , the V6 as a daily car has plenty of go and not to bad MPG's on regular gas, mine has the 6 spd manual trans making it a fun sporty car. I find interesting the wide demographics on Mustang owners from hormones ranging teens to full boring seniors .
I'm a 64 year old senior with a rich history of fast and powerful cars, and a proud owner of my first Mustang. I just want to thank you so very much for your disrespect
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #328
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hey MustangDawg

I don't think he meant any disrespect. He was just pro-filing everybody. Ha ! Ha !
I'm with you, I'm 71 and had super quick cars all my life. I did my share of drag racing, Track racing, Auto X-ing but now I just like a great car like my 3.7 V6 Mustang for just driving pleasure.
Toydos lives in Maryland ( THE HOME OF CECIL COUNTY DRAG STRIP) and I would bet he never ran his car there. "EVER"
I really feel bad for the young car guys because they will never know the best years ever where the muscle car years of the 60's and early 70's.
I don't race anymore due to lack of $$$$ and health problems but still have fun at cruise-ins and car shows with my Mustang. If I can just hit the "LOTTO" things would change and I would run my Mustang to death and have fun doing it.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #329
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

We shall see.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 05-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #330
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
I'm a 64 year old senior with a rich history of fast and powerful cars, and a proud owner of my first Mustang. I just want to thank you so very much for your disrespect
I didn't think that was going to go over well when I first read it either. I get my AARP card this year. Can't believe it. I have always driven cool cars all my life. Age means nothing.
GrabberMeBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #331
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I didn't think that was going to go over well when I first read it either. I get my AARP card this year. Can't believe it. I have always driven cool cars all my life. Age means nothing.
+1^^
If I've learned anything about being on any forum is this one thing:
It's OK to critisize the subject of the thread, but not the members. At least, that's how I use the forums. Anyway, on to another thread
Old 05-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #332
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I don't think he meant any disrespect. He was just pro-filing everybody. Ha ! Ha !
I'm with you, I'm 71 and had super quick cars all my life. I did my share of drag racing, Track racing, Auto X-ing but now I just like a great car like my 3.7 V6 Mustang for just driving pleasure.
Toydos lives in Maryland ( THE HOME OF CECIL COUNTY DRAG STRIP) and I would bet he never ran his car there. "EVER"
I really feel bad for the young car guys because they will never know the best years ever where the muscle car years of the 60's and early 70's.
I don't race anymore due to lack of $$$$ and health problems but still have fun at cruise-ins and car shows with my Mustang. If I can just hit the "LOTTO" things would change and I would run my Mustang to death and have fun doing it.
Ronnie
Born in 1959, look at my garage and see if my show car/award winner, mint 72 240Z with an LS1 meets your criteria
Old 05-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #333
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

Ronnie

I'm one of the "younger" guys (I'm 36)!.. And I love running at the older tracks!.. There's just a different feeling about them versus the new ones!.. There is a local one called Onnadega around here that keeps getting shut down!.. This track dates back to the late '50 early '60!.. A lot of us are fighting hard to reopen it and keep it open!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #334
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

That is very nice.

I'm not knocking you. It is just that you seem to think all of us old farts are boring. Like I said already. I don't think you meant it to be nasty or disrespectful. You were just saying !!!

I really like your rice rod. I'll bet it gets a lot of attention when you start that up in a crowd. Did you do the install? It looks perfect from what I can see in the pictures. You don't see a conversion like this one to often.

None of us old guys on this forum are boring or we would not be here at all.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #335
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not knocking you. It is just that you seem to think all of us old farts are boring. Like I said already. I don't think you meant it to be nasty or disrespectful. You were just saying !!!

I really like your rice rod. I'll bet it gets a lot of attention when you start that up in a crowd. Did you do the install? It looks perfect from what I can see in the pictures. You don't see a conversion like this one to often.

None of us old guys on this forum are boring or we would not be here at all.
Ronnie
She gets tons of attention at local meets and shows, I did the hardest manual labor on her , I wrote the check with my bare hands
Old 05-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #336
Registered Member
Regular

So on Saturday I went down to my brothers house for his 50th surprise birthday party. My bro has been a mechanic for 30 years and one of his co workers was there, he is about the same age as my bro and we got talking about cars. To my surprise he has a 89 gt,(very cool) and I told him I had a 13 and was showing him some pics of her and the mods I've been doing to her, and then I get the infamous question." Why didn't you just get a V8?" With that puzzled smart *** look on his face that us 6ers sometimes get lol. I told him with TODAYS 3.7 for me there really is no need for a 5.0. 305hp out of the factory is plenty to start with and kindly reminded him that his 89 was well below that and my mpgs are much much better than his also, well at least until I did the gears, lol. He smiled and said wow OK then, then got back to mustang talk. No regrets here

Old 05-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #337
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So on Saturday I went down to my brothers house for his 50th surprise birthday party. My bro has been a mechanic for 30 years and one of his co workers was there, he is about the same age as my bro and we got talking about cars. To my surprise he has a 89 gt,(very cool) and I told him I had a 13 and was showing him some pics of her and the mods I've been doing to her, and then I get the infamous question." Why didn't you just get a V8?" With that puzzled smart *** look on his face that us 6ers sometimes get lol. I told him with TODAYS 3.7 for me there really is no need for a 5.0. 305hp out of the factory is plenty to start with and kindly reminded him that his 89 was well below that and my mpgs are much much better than his also, well at least until I did the gears, lol. He smiled and said wow OK then, then got back to mustang talk. No regrets here

I was at a huge car cruise show last weekend down in Ocean City Maryland and my little 3.7 was kicking some 4.6 Gt's a$$es on the private roads.

Sent from my little Johnson.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:39 AM   #338
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
She gets tons of attention at local meets and shows, I did the hardest manual labor on her , I wrote the check with my bare hands
Ok, now how about the car?

Sorry, had to. There are a couple of those 240s in rough condition at a place locally. I have never seen them move, one is sitting with the windows down and such. A red and black one. No idea what the story is or why they're letting them deteriorate. Such unique and neat cars to let them waste away.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #339
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Wohh, Besides my car I get lots of attention, and I am an old fart also, WTF?
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:53 PM   #340
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Had the 06 gt. Got the 13 v6.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #341

Region: Texas
Just to get in the spirit of things, I am 61 and this is my first Mustang. I didn't take offense at the 'boring seniors' crack... made me grin. I probably AM boring in that I just drive my Mustang at a pretty conservative pace.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #342
Registered Member
Regular

The only thing people should ever regret when it comes to their cars, is not taking pride in them. V6, V8 or even 4 cylinders, you have that car because you wanted it. Everyone has their reasons for having the car they have, whether you like the body style, you like the gas mileage, it was a rare model for that year or it was just a Mustang. That's what it all really boils down to, it was a Mustang, and you wanted a Mustang. Nobody I know drives a Mustang that didn't want it. That was my case, I wanted one for a long time, but for me, it wasn't about the power, I liked the way they look, and so when the restyled 2013 model came out, I had to have it. Those taillights just got me. Yeah it's a V6...but it's MY V6 that I wanted, that I worked hard for and earned, and I take pride in it everyday. I treat it like a signature custom Shelby. That's how everybody should be with their cars. For whatever car it is you drive, make it the BEST damn car you know. If you take pride and your car shows it off, I guarantee nobody will talk down on it, regardless of what's under the hood. Be grateful, you drive one of the most desired and iconic cars of the world and if you walk up to it everyday, looking at it in regret, then you don't deserve it.
Take pride. It's a Mustang.
StolenSinner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #343
Registered Member
Regular

I purchased a V6 Mustang from my brother when I was 21. Then I immediately started saving up to buy a GT and I've only owned Gt models since then. That V6 Mustang was nice, but it did not have the sound of a V-8 that I really like. Once I finally got my GT, I knew that I should've purchased a GT to begin with. My brother on the other hand has only owned V6 Mustangs. He just wants to own a Mustang and the motor doesn't matter to him. For me on the other hand, I have to have a V-8. I guess it's all in what your personal preference is.
GTgorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #344
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenSinner09 View Post
The only thing people should ever regret when it comes to their cars, is not taking pride in them. V6, V8 or even 4 cylinders, you have that car because you wanted it. Everyone has their reasons for having the car they have, whether you like the body style, you like the gas mileage, it was a rare model for that year or it was just a Mustang. That's what it all really boils down to, it was a Mustang, and you wanted a Mustang. Nobody I know drives a Mustang that didn't want it. That was my case, I wanted one for a long time, but for me, it wasn't about the power, I liked the way they look, and so when the restyled 2013 model came out, I had to have it. Those taillights just got me. Yeah it's a V6...but it's MY V6 that I wanted, that I worked hard for and earned, and I take pride in it everyday. I treat it like a signature custom Shelby. That's how everybody should be with their cars. For whatever car it is you drive, make it the BEST damn car you know. If you take pride and your car shows it off, I guarantee nobody will talk down on it, regardless of what's under the hood. Be grateful, you drive one of the most desired and iconic cars of the world and if you walk up to it everyday, looking at it in regret, then you don't deserve it.
Take pride. It's a Mustang.

Very well said! And I agree 100% with you. Like you said I love my V6 and worked hard to get it. On a side note my last car was a 1999 grand am that I had for the last 12 years and I treated that car just as well as I do my mustang. Most people I met could not believe that it was that old of a car because it was well maintained and cared for. That's what's important to me.
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:32 PM   #345
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
Very well said! And I agree 100% with you. Like you said I love my V6 and worked hard to get it. On a side note my last car was a 1999 grand am that I had for the last 12 years and I treated that car just as well as I do my mustang. Most people I met could not believe that it was that old of a car because it was well maintained and cared for. That's what's important to me.

I know a lot of people who don't grasp that concept. They believe that when a car hits 100k miles, it's time to throw it away and get another one! Simple maintenance and care, and the car will last forever.
StolenSinner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #346
Registered Member
Regular

I hear you. I actually sold it to my brother in law because he needed a car and the dealer wasn't going to give me more then $500 for it as a trade in. Plus it's still going strong with about 170,000 miles on it with no major issues for him as of yet. *knock on wood*
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #347
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Before my mustang, I had a 1995 jeep that I drove for 7 years and managed to rack up 240k miles on. It was quite a significant change from that to the mustang. While I love my v6, I know that in a year or 2 I'll make the trade up to a v8. For now though, I'm enjoying every moment with my 3.7.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #348
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I went to the dealership yesterday to pick up a 04 cobra but the gears were shifting really weird so I had to pass and I was so close of getting a 14 v6 with 54 miles but then I knew that in a couple months id regret it so I ended up coming home without anything
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #349
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
U know what's funny is that most people who say awe when u say I have a v6 don't even drive any type of muscle car or v8 they just like the idea of a v8 and when u say it's not they r beside them selfs lol. With a v8 u r really paying 8-10k more for a car that is 2 seconds faster..

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-14-2014, 06:23 PM   #350
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
U know what's funny is that most people who say awe when u say I have a v6 don't even drive any type of muscle car or v8 they just like the idea of a v8 and when u say it's not they r beside them selfs lol. With a v8 u r really paying 8-10k more for a car that is 2 seconds faster..

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Right. If you drive a goddamn Jetta, spare me the speech about how I don't have a penis because my car doesn't have 8 cylinders.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang