Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8? - Page 11 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #351
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
Right. If you drive a goddamn Jetta, spare me the speech about how I don't have a penis because my car doesn't have 8 cylinders.
Hehe ^^^
14mustang v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #352
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Just an FYI, when I was young drivin' that was NOT the question...instead it was:

You got a 4 Barrel?

Phinie thing is the '13 3.7 I had would smoke the crap out of the 4 barrel 70s cars my friends and I hoped up back then, easy 335 hpr tossin' a cat at that 3.7...
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #353
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Here we go again. These people out here are convinced that if you drive a V6 it must be because you are broke and can't afford the V8. I guess all of us V6 owners should just give in and agree that we are less than financially successful, because that seems to be the concensus no matter what the case. I just don't get it.

There's a difference between not being able to afford something and not wanting to spend the extra money.
liv4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #354
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Majority of the members in a local mustang group here in dubai will say "just get a v8" or "mod a proper mustang" or "v6 is girls' mustang"....

Well, these lines have been my driving force to make my v6 better and better and better. .. and perhaps smoke them in the future! :p

I enjoy every millisecond improvement that i get.. i think that is the fun / best part of it..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #355
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaighost View Post
Majority of the members in a local mustang group here in dubai will say "just get a v8" or "mod a proper mustang" or "v6 is girls' mustang"....

Well, these lines have been my driving force to make my v6 better and better and better. .. and perhaps smoke them in the future! :p

I enjoy every millisecond improvement that i get.. i think that is the fun / best part of it..

Slap on a procharger, or the turbo kit thats been talked about on here, and obviously, forge the engine.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #356
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
That's the plan.... :p

Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #357
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I have owned a 2014 V6 since July. I have no regrets. I drive over 100 miles a day and this car is no garage queen for me. (I don't even have a garage ).
I have heard many comments on it not being a GT / V8 but they are usually from drivers of Miatas, Subarus, And Mazda 3s'. They really shouldn't speak at all.
The V6 is 8-10K cheaper, gets better mileage which is important to me, has cheaper insurance, and can sound pretty bad *** with an axle back.
If I owned a GT, I would not be able to drive it as much.
2014 Base V6 MT - Deep Impact Blue
MMD Hood Struts / GT500 Spoiler(Black) / MMD Quarter Window Louvers (Black) / UPR Oil Can / SR Perf Shock-Strut Tower Brace / Replaced Coolant Overflow hose Bama X4/SF4 with Race Tune
IzzyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #358
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyMan View Post
I have owned a 2014 V6 since July. I have no regrets. I drive over 100 miles a day and this car is no garage queen for me. (I don't even have a garage ).

I have heard many comments on it not being a GT / V8 but they are usually from drivers of Miatas, Subarus, And Mazda 3s'. They really shouldn't speak at all.

The V6 is 8-10K cheaper, gets better mileage which is important to me, has cheaper insurance, and can sound pretty bad *** with an axle back.

If I owned a GT, I would not be able to drive it as much.

Trust me you would find a way
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #359
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenSinner09 View Post
The only thing people should ever regret when it comes to their cars, is not taking pride in them. V6, V8 or even 4 cylinders, you have that car because you wanted it. Everyone has their reasons for having the car they have, whether you like the body style, you like the gas mileage, it was a rare model for that year or it was just a Mustang. That's what it all really boils down to, it was a Mustang, and you wanted a Mustang. Nobody I know drives a Mustang that didn't want it. That was my case, I wanted one for a long time, but for me, it wasn't about the power, I liked the way they look, and so when the restyled 2013 model came out, I had to have it. Those taillights just got me. Yeah it's a V6...but it's MY V6 that I wanted, that I worked hard for and earned, and I take pride in it everyday. I treat it like a signature custom Shelby. That's how everybody should be with their cars. For whatever car it is you drive, make it the BEST damn car you know. If you take pride and your car shows it off, I guarantee nobody will talk down on it, regardless of what's under the hood. Be grateful, you drive one of the most desired and iconic cars of the world and if you walk up to it everyday, looking at it in regret, then you don't deserve it.
Take pride. It's a Mustang.
Agree with you 100%. Always wanted a mustang and busted my *** to get my V6 mustang and I'm loving it. I've come across some people, even family that tell me "oh its a V6" I tell them I worked hard to get her and anyways what do you drive. Pretty much shuts them up or I take them for a spin and they take back what they said .

I could have gotten a GT but I thought to myself, it'll be my first mustang do I really want to get a V8, will it be worth it? Considering the type of driving I do, mainly city and rarely go to the track, I knew I wasn't going to be able to have much fun with a V8. I also thought it'll be fun modding a V6, try and kick some V8 *** haha.

As their are people who may diss a V6 there's others that don't care what's under the hood, as long as its a mustang they respect it. Shot we have an iconic car! We should be proud to own one and not care what others say. Unless its a compliment, then we should haa.

P.S. mainly ppl that diss a V6 are ones that don't even own a mustang...then there's those V8 dbags.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #360
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I would not give my V6 3.7 Mustang up for anything

I just got back from a 2,126 mile round trip to the American Muscle show in Pennsylvania. My Mustang ran perfect and sounded great with my Magnaflow streets. The sirius radio kicked out my old songs I like and I had my best friend Mario with me (My dog)
Life could not have been any better then that week.
I ran anywhere from 65 MPH to 95 MPH depending on traffic flow. I had some stop & go traffic jams, A lot of red traffic signals and some hill driving in Pennsylvania. I averaged 29.366263 miles to a gallon of 87 octane for the whole round trip.

The best MPG i got was 31.998
The worst was 27.114
All 87 octane

I filled up at BJ's when I left Port Orange and set the counter to 00000, I filled up when I got back at the same BJ's and the counter read 2126.0

Averaging 29.366 MPG on 87 octane is better then I got when I had my Mini Cooper JCW. I did this with a pen & paper.

No I'm not sorry I bought my V6. It looks great, Sounds great and I did 13.3 at the drag strip. (Orlando - Not Maple Grove)

I love my car and don't even think of giving it up.

Besides, My Mario loves it too!

Ronnie

PS: It does not mean I don't like V8's because I do. But for me personally, My V6 is perfect.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #361
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I'm glad I got the six, but I'm also a bit nerdy and loved what Ford did with this plant. So much power out of so little displacement.

I've had mine here in Germany for a while and will be heading back to the states next month. I can tell you that I will miss driving 130mph everywhere, but that is my new reality. This car hits 120mph in third gear. So when I get her to the states I'll pop some 355s in the rear end to pull that top end down and add some grunt to the acceleration.

I just love tinkering and the six lets you do plenty of that for cheap. There's probably an easy 50-75 hp to be gotten out of this thing without even thinking about forced induction. So think about having nearly 400hp and (if driven correctly) still getting great mileage on that long weekend trip down the coast.

I've had a lot of cars and bikes over the years, supras, RX-7s, etc. I love the quality of this Mustang and at 40 years old myself, I really only care about what I like and not anyone else. So I've been completely satisfied with the six and don't ever think about spending the cash on a GT. I got such a smoking deal on it, so that helps a LOT. I do wish I had that glass roof tho. Soooooo sweet looking on a white car. Enough that I'd consider the aftermarket option, alas.
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #362
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
THis is AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I just got back from a 2,126 mile ...
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #363
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I love my car and don't even think of giving it up.

Besides, My Mario loves it too!
Awesome, sure seems to enjoy his rides with you. Now if he could only drive...that would be one happy dog
Old 09-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #364
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Some of you guys care way to much what other people think of your cars. IDK if everyone else's experiences are different but when I go to the track or car shows nobody that is worth talking to goes around talking s*** because he has the fastest car or b/c its 'only a v6'. And every now and then when you see a person like that nobody wants to be around them because their life sucks and thinking they have the fastest car makes them feel better about themselves. I want to say there was even a guy on here where his V6 won best in show or something at a national Mustang show.

If your happy with your car and it's nicely and tastefully modded any real car enthusiast will appreciate it even if its something they wouldn't do themselves. But at the end of the day thats what makes this hobby great is everyone has different tastes and visions on their rides. How much would it suck if everyone drove the exact same car and did the exact same mods it it.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #365
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
The other day I went full throttle on my V6 Mustang for about 2 seconds then I had to let off as I was about to risk a reckless driving ticket or arrest if I didn't let up. If I had the V8 I would NEVER use more than about half throttle. I can't stand wasted or unused power, especially if there are trade-offs to get it. I was never a fan of V8s, I've always liked Imports with 4 or 6 cylinder engines.
chitownpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #366
Registered Member
Regular

Unfortunately, people don't realize the power the V6 engines are making today and in the past 4 years. Let's be honest, up until 2011 the V6 model was all show and zero go. It had no balls under the hood and really offered little to zero performance. Over the past decades, when people think pony car (Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Charger) people automatically associate V8 only. Most people are schmucks and don't know ***** about the newer V6 mustangs. I could have a 750 rwhp mustang and if it was a V6, the 265 HP GT would be a real mustang to the enthusiasts because there morons. I say who gives a crap what other people think. Buy what you like. Buy what you can afford or buy what you are willing to afford.

I chose my 2011 3.7 because I wasn't willing to pay at the time 8k more for the 5.0. The car looked the same interior wise as my 3.7 had all the same features but I wasn't willing to pay 8k more for a car that looked the same because it was a second faster in the 1/4 mile.

It wasn't important enough to me. At the time 305 HP was plenty of power for me and my first mustang. To this day, I have no regrets and love my 3.7. The car handles excellent, looks great and can move when needed to. Is it the fastest, heck no. You could buy a 5.0 and chances are you ain't gonna be the fastest either. Someone always has faster, nicer, better, more, etc.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #367
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
None. No regrets. It's awesome. I drive it with pride!~

Will I buy a V8? Maybe down the road. This has plenty of power, handles great, and looks like the muscle car that is.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #368
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Hey badka2ma

Your Mustang looks great. I love your wheels.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #369
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I'll let the pic do the talking

The real... boss 227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1410229199865.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	165564  
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #370
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badka2ma View Post

Will I buy a V8? Maybe down the road. This has plenty of power, handles great, and looks like the muscle car that is.
Freaking amazing wheels man. Love them

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:47 PM   #371
Registered Member
Regular

That is the great thing about this country. We can all choose what we want to drive. Everyone has different requirements in what they want in a vehicle. I'm not knocking the V6 because I know it has a lot of power, but it wasn't what I wanted in a performance car. I like the sound and torque of a V8 and it was important to me so that is why I got the GT. I get 25mpg for my type of driving, insurance is $64 a month, and the sound of this thing is music to my ears.

Anyway, everyone enjoy what they own because that is the most important thing.

Wayne
Old 09-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #372
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownpete View Post
The other day I went full throttle on my V6 Mustang for about 2 seconds then I had to let off as I was about to risk a reckless driving ticket or arrest if I didn't let up. If I had the V8 I would NEVER use more than about half throttle. I can't stand wasted or unused power, especially if there are trade-offs to get it. I was never a fan of V8s, I've always liked Imports with 4 or 6 cylinder engines.
U went drake on them bro..0-100 real quick!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #373
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badka2ma View Post

Dude your car looks so good. What a shine!

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #374
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8?

Could have gotten the V8, but the V6 was what I wanted.

Haven't regretted the V6 for a second.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #375
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the props on the car. Mustangs are awesome! It looked like that when I drove it off the lot.... The wheels are the Performance Pack wheels.

I used this to seal the paint.
Paint Sealant|Paint Sealants & Car Paint Sealant

I use this to keep it maintained.
Auto Detail Spray|Spray Wax & Show Car Shine

No relation to Lane's other than their shop is up the street.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #376

I GOT MINE LAST NIGHT AND I TOTALLY LOVE IT!!!!!! THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!

Yasmin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	165630  
ylmva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #377
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats!

Break it in for 1000 miles and then you are ready to go

Is that a Pony package or performance package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylmva View Post

Yasmin
liv4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #378

Pony package. It also has the comfort and electronic packages. Considered getting the performance package but decided I didn't need it.
ylmva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #379
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yasmin
Congrats on your new ride! Hope you have a blast
Old 09-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #380
Registered Member
Regular

I am also getting a V6 next weekend, also female and 40. Personally, the V6 is the way to go. I don't want to pay higher gas prices and the power is there. My 65 was an I6 and to me that is representative of a stang. JMHO.
stangs4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #381
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I couldn't afford the V8 at the time I was looking...do I regret not getting it? No. I don't regret any decisions I make in life. If my choice ends up being a mistake then I learn from it. Do I want a V8? Sure! I love my car and the way it performs, now that I have the exhaust sound I have been wanting I'm not sure I'd go V8 unless it was a hell of a deal.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #382
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I don't regret not getting the GT. At the time I bought my v6 I was downsizing my bills and got a screaming deal on trade and into a brand new '14. I think I paid $18k. It's fun, very fun, looks damn good and all while still being economical. In a few years once I see how the new suspension platform plays out on the '15+, I'll trade up to a GT.
Wysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #383
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yasmin
Sweet Ride
Old 11-12-2014, 04:40 AM   #384
Registered Member
Regular

Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8?

For me It was not "affording" it...it was the monthly payments. Wife absolutely wanted it convertible...which for California makes sense. I could have either gotten a used conv V8 and spent $700+ a month in payments (my credit is ok, not great...) plus massive insurance, or gotten a V6 and kept monthlies low, spending my disposable income on moding the hell out of it for power, looks and comfort. Which is what I did...the only thing that annoys me is the usual idiotic jokes and comments at club meetings, online etc...despite my car now having about 350+ hp and pissing over any 2010 and back v8 that doesn't get the insults.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:31 AM   #385
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
at least we didn't get 4 cylinders.........

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang