Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8? - Page 15 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #491
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Your wife owns it bruh

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
IG: @azurebluemach
Usually when your married you own everything together, and i bought it. she had it for a year then she wanted something else. Hell I drove it for 4 months while my car was down, she drove my truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #492
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
If I may I would like to touch on your comment about " If someone is buying a car for performance why would one knowingly choose and engine platform that will make less power than a V8."

This answer is very easy. First, someone is looking for a super great looking pony car that provides a good level of performance yet can't afford to spend the extra 7,500 dollars.

Second reason. Vast majority of consumers don't need or give two craps about having 430 plus HP. Vast majority of people don't track or drag race and couldn't give a crap about going faster in the 1/4 mile.

Funny because just a few years back, the 2010 Gt was the cats meow all with 315 HP, V8. 2011 rolls around, 305 HP 1/4 mile and 0-60 mph times very close to one another yet the V6 is not performance. That's kind of funny.
All of my comments have been about people who buy for performance, particularly for racing. If you can't spend the extra money, save up a little longer. No need to settle. If you don't "need or give two craps about having 430 plus HP" then I'm not talking about you.
2014Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #493
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Usually when your married you own everything together, and i bought it. she had it for a year then she wanted something else. Hell I drove it for 4 months while my car was down, she drove my truck.

Not the same and you know it. Don't stick up for something you would never drive as your own ride. It's like your just trying to pick a fight. Nobody was fighting in this thread until you came in here with your caveman club.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2014, 01:44 PM   #494
Registered Member
Regular

lol oh god. I dont own the 3.7 either, my GF does, but I (and i'd bet money Rap) can still tell you more about that car than 90% of this forum. I'd never own one either, but he and i both have given this car ample credit where its due.

Hell, people dog on hondas all the time, but off the top of my head, The coyote and honda motors are the only cars out there making more than 100 whp per liter N/a. Again, i would never own one, but credit where it is due.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #495
Registered Member
Regular

^ you meant cyclone, not coyote

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #496
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
lol oh god. I dont own the 3.7 either, my GF does, but I (and i'd bet money Rap) can still tell you more about that car than 90% of this forum. I'd never own one either, but he and i both have given this car ample credit where its due.

Hell, people dog on hondas all the time, but off the top of my head, The coyote and honda motors are the only cars out there making more than 100 whp per liter N/a. Again, i would never own one, but credit where it is due.

I just think it's funny how Mr HP comes in here to defend the v6 when he would've never drove and modded one for himself. That's all I'm saying.

2004 Azure Blue Mach 1
Old 11-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #497
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
^ you meant cyclone, not coyote

Nope, i meant Coyote Until i see a 370 whp all motor 3.7L.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #498
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah I did the math after I hit send and knew I messed up but it was too late. Was thinking you meant cyclone at first because that's what you were defending.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #499
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Yeah I did the math after I hit send and knew I messed up but it was too late. Was thinking you meant cyclone at first because that's what you were defending.

Initially yes lol. I do believe with cams and support the 3.7 could match 100+ whp per liter like the Coyote, but you guys just got the short end of the stick as far as support was concerened.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #500
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014Vert View Post
All of my comments have been about people who buy for performance, particularly for racing. If you can't spend the extra money, save up a little longer. No need to settle. If you don't "need or give two craps about having 430 plus HP" then I'm not talking about you.
I agree with that bro. If someone wants all out performance for racing, then V8 should be your choice. The 11 plus Gt's, not the 10 and under Gt's. The 3.7 engines can hold the same if not far more power on factory internals than those 4.6's on factory internals.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:16 PM   #501
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

This thread started out all about V6 owners and if they were happy or not with their purchase. You V8 guys don't have a dog in this fight and should never have hijacked the thread. Just pull out and go back home. Unless like me, you have one of each, you can't understand the situation and are not able to give a fair unbiased assessment.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #502
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
This thread started out all about V6 owners and if they were happy or not with their purchase. You V8 guys don't have a dog in this fight and should never have hijacked the thread. Just pull out and go back home. Unless like me, you have one of each, you can't understand the situation and are not able to give a fair ed assessment.
Everybody has a right to be heard. 😎
Old 11-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #503
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Everybody has a right to be heard. 😎
What he's saying is that the question in the title of the thread is very clear: "has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of a V8." The target audience of that question is people who have bought V6s. V8 owners coming and poo-pooing V6s is a hijack.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #504
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
This thread started out all about V6 owners and if they were happy or not with their purchase. You V8 guys don't have a dog in this fight and should never have hijacked the thread. Just pull out and go back home. Unless like me, you have one of each, you can't understand the situation and are not able to give a fair unbiased assessment.
I think we hijacked after she was happy with the answer and bought a car. I at least waited until then.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #505
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree with that bro. If someone wants all out performance for racing, then V8 should be your choice. The 11 plus Gt's, not the 10 and under Gt's. The 3.7 engines can hold the same if not far more power on factory internals than those 4.6's on factory internals.
Thank you! I agree with you, too. I feel bad for the 4.6 people. Always have. My buddy used to have a 96 GT and it turned into a lost cause for him. Those poor non-PI cars. So weak.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #506
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Initially yes lol. I do believe with cams and support the 3.7 could match 100+ whp per liter like the Coyote, but you guys just got the short end of the stick as far as support was concerened.
After market cams being dyno tuned and tested Dec. 8th.

A few people running smim and might produce more. Popeye has been getting the 3.5 ecoboost and F150 intake manifolds adapted and testing on the 3.7.

There's a 13 auto NA bolt on 3.7 running 12.3's consistently with time slips to back it up . Don't even think he has heads or cams yet. A few more people running 12.5's with NA cars. In the near future we could be talking about a 12.0 NA 3.7 V6 cars.

Yeah lets not give credit where it's due for a NA V6 stang to be running low 12's. There are people with the new 5.0 not even touching 12.3 because they can't drive worth a damn.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #507
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
After market cams being dyno tuned and tested Dec. 8th.

A few people running smim and might produce more. Popeye has been getting the 3.5 ecoboost and F150 intake manifolds adapted and testing on the 3.7.

There's a 13 auto NA bolt on 3.7 running 12.3's consistently with time slips to back it up . Don't even think he has heads or cams yet. A few more people running 12.5's with NA cars. In the near future we could be talking about a 12.0 NA 3.7 V6 cars.

Yeah lets not give credit where it's due for a NA V6 stang to be running low 12's. There are people with the new 5.0 not even touching 12.3 because they can't drive worth a damn.
Who making the cams bro?
Old 11-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #508
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Who making the cams bro?
Comp Cams or Crower, I can't remember which one off hand. The project and development was headed up by Cyclone Mustang Club and funded by the 3.7 Cyclone community.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #509
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Comp Cams or Crower, I can't remember which one off hand. The project and development was headed up by Cyclone Mustang Club and funded by the 3.7 Cyclone community.
Oh sweet. I wonder how much added power would it make. Hopefully it will be on the market to the public soon
Old 11-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #510
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

Sorry, I just can't help myself sometimes.

Ronnie

Lol

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:38 PM   #511
Registered Member
Regular

selling my v8 lol^^^^
yellowconve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #512
Kevin.Cook

I am young so since my credit life is also young, I cannot get a v8 financed to me just yet. But i did get the next best thing. A 2014 v6 with the performance package. I have added a few things since.

I don't drag the car or race it. It is just my daily driver. So 305hp is more then enough for me. Also looks very nice. Both exterior and interior. And with the Borla s types it sounds nice too.

Some things to be grateful for because of this are lower car payments, lower gas costs, and lower insurance rates. So in the end, It's a good deal for someone starting out in the Credit world.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #513
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
As being "that kid" who got a mustang on his 18th birthday, I am more than happy with the 6 and would not trade it for another car. Idc if all the v8 guys smoke me, I'm just grateful to be in the mustang crowd in the first place, and 305 crank is not too shabby for a stock car.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #514
Registered Member
Regular

Not one bit. I can't think of a better, more fun car that you can buy new for under 20k. It borders on the line of practical and impractical, luxury and rough, a beast and a cruiser, and looks sophisticated and mean. Great engine, great chassis, great transmission (besides the mushy shifter). The near base model I have has everything I need an almost nothing I don't. It uses conventional, available parts, and is easy to work on and maintain.

If I was a boy racer I might regret the v8, but I don't plan on racing the car.

Besides, no matter how fast you are, and what kind of car you have, there's always someone much faster out there, with a car a whole lot better than yours. The new mustang is better than the 2014 5.0, and the new camaro will be better than the 2015 mustang, and they will keep getting better from there. Even a gt500 will get beat at the track by someone who dropped 15k on an old beater frame to build a real racecar.

They are both great cars, but for my needs the 2014 v6 was a much better option than any v8.
CUBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #515
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ginetta g55
scratch that, that's 370bhp....
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #516
Registered Member
Regular

on that note...
305 was not enough for me.
if you convert whp to crank, I was pushing somewhere around 570. It was fun as heck to be driving a "rental car with stickers" that makes as much power as a pre-13 shelby
the fact that I have boss 227 on the side of my car gives people the impression of a "dumb kid" and then racing hapens, and they don't know what happened. got a lot of attention at a racing event that I went to this year... Granted the car acted up... but it still did somewhat decently, and got a lot of attention.

and as far as my math goes for Crank HP...
power of coyote from factory = 420
power coyote put on that dyno (auto) = 340
420/340 = 1.235 <- conversion factor for that dyno (coyote had slightly better conditions, but I'm not taking that into account)
460*1.235 = 568

both cars were auto, I'm assuming similar drive train loss
Old 11-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #517
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
it was crower
Old 11-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #518
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
on that note...
305 was not enough for me.
if you convert whp to crank, I was pushing somewhere around 570. It was fun as heck to be driving a "rental car with stickers" that makes as much power as a pre-13 shelby
the fact that I have boss 227 on the side of my car gives people the impression of a "dumb kid" and then racing hapens, and they don't know what happened. got a lot of attention at a racing event that I went to this year... Granted the car acted up... but it still did somewhat decently, and got a lot of attention.

and as far as my math goes for Crank HP...
power of coyote from factory = 420
power coyote put on that dyno (auto) = 340
420/340 = 1.235 <- conversion factor for that dyno (coyote had slightly better conditions, but I'm not taking that into account)
460*1.235 = 568

both cars were auto, I'm assuming similar drive train loss
Did someone say 227? You rang?,ha ha ha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416377935974.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	169934  
Old 11-19-2014, 01:05 AM   #519
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Omg, lmfao. Dude that is great.

Awesome...we'd all get great 1/4 mile times !

grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:17 AM   #520
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
Awesome...we'd all get great 1/4 mile times !

The key is weight reduction and what better way by disassembling the entire car. Actually, I was just gonna run next to the 5.0 and hold my steering wheel. Ha ha ha

Bro, steering wheel delete and gas cap delete.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:14 AM   #521
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

+1, My wife owns a 2014 fusion and I have put just as many kms on it as she has. Yes she owns it but I drive it when the family is in it which other than her going to work and back is 99℅ of the time! So yes I agree with you Rap!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #522
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did someone say 227? You rang?,ha ha ha
Yep, lol

The real... boss 227
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1416411179491.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	169941  
Old 11-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #523
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Why not ask "Has anyone regretted getting a V8 instead of a V6?" I'm sure it would be a shorter thread.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #524
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Why not ask "Has anyone regretted getting a V8 instead of a V6?" I'm sure it would be a shorter thread.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416414960.249572.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	169943
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #525
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Yep, lol

The real... boss 227

What exactly is a boss 227 ??

grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang