Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8? - Page 18 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #596
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
Everyone's perception of what they want or need their car to be is different. Some people could care less about power and just go on looks and options. People like me want the V8 power, torque, and sound and gas mileage and options are secondary.

I was a teenager in the early to middle 80's and the Muscle cars of the 60's and early 70's were still around in abundance. My perception growing up was that an american performance car had a V8. The introduction of the Cyclone, Typhoon, and Buick Grand National family of cars changed my perception slightly but not much. I still considered for the most part, that a Performance/Muscle car had to have a V8.

That is why when last year I decided to buy a new performance type car, the V8 was the only option for me personally. Not to say the 3.7L doesn't have power or can't outrun the V8's of yesteryear. It just wasn't an option for me personally because of my own personal perceptions.

A guy I work with has a 2012 3.7L Mustang that he has done a lot of performance type modifications to it. He claims to be putting out more that 400+ HP which he probably is. His salery is probably more than double mine and he could easily have bought anything he wants. He chose the 3.7L mainly because he wanted the gas mileage as he gets around 30mpg. His requirements and what is important in his car are different from my own. His car looks very nice and is nicely optioned but my car sounds 10 times better than his which is a very important aspect of my ownership plus I think my car looks better than his because I like the look of my GT fog lights in the grill vs his small ones in the lower bumper as well as a few small other things.

I know he doesn't regret getting the 3.7L because it makes the amount of power that he is happy with and the gas mileage which is important to him. I don't put down his car just because what he has is not something that I would want. The bottom line is that it's great that we all have choices so that there is something for everyone.

Wayne

Spoken as a true car guy!

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #597
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I remember just 10 years ago all I wanted was a 300hp mustang and I'd be very happy, some simple bolt ons and a good tune on a at the time a 4.6 and I would have been more than happy with it!! Fast forward to 2012 when my wife said get your damn mustang already I was shocked that not only could I get one with 305hp stock, but its a V6???!!! Instantly sold! Would I like a 5.0, sure but with the added costs of insurance, gas prices (Canada) and the additional gas guzzler tax on anything or 4.0 (Quebec) not to mention the almost 10k more for the 5.0. I couldn't be happier with my little 3.7! I've had my 13 2 1/2 years and it still puts a big smile on my face every time I down shift and mash it. Happy....100β„…!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #598
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I know he doesn't regret getting the 3.7L because it makes the amount of power that he is happy with and the gas mileage which is important to him. I don't put down his car just because what he has is not something that I would want. The bottom line is that it's great that we all have choices so that there is something for everyone.

Wayne
This. Exactly this. I could have afforded a GT and a whole lot more if I wanted. Boss or GT500 are within my range too. I've been blessed with a lot of wealth. But not everyone has the same wants. Wayne and Ronnie made the wisest comments on this thread.

Do you guys who think it's all about money buy the most expensive thing you can possibly afford for everything else in your life? Do you always buy the most expensive meal on the menu? The most expensive drink at a bar? The most expensive shirt in the store? Or do you buy the one that you WANT the most? I'm sure you can all afford those things if you own a GT, but I'll bet even you guys have the intelligence to factor in more factors than price in your decision making process.

No one is saying the V6 is a "better" car than the GT, although many of you like to turn the argument into that because it's easy to attack. People are saying that there are many factors that go into buying a car, and every individual will assign varying weights to those factors before they settle on a final decision.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #599
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geok.91 View Post
lol I didn't even pay attention it says 13 right on it lol 25000 with 7000 miles I think I can find a better deal though if I keep searching
With the year and 7k miles I doubt it. Don't forget the 2013 actually came out in 2012. You might be able to whittle it down some though.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #600
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Well I'll try ofcourse . But I'm moving in a month once I'm all settled in I'm going for a 5.0 if they still have that one I love the color ill probably go for it . If not I'll still will be searching for a different 5.0
Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #601
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
Isn't that cute...he thinks he knows something. Haha....

I am definitely NOT brainwashed and I definitely know what time it is.
Let me give you a little lesson in reading comprehension:

I said V6 vs. V8 that comes in a Mustang. At no time did I say anything about "any V6 vs. any V8" esp. Turbo cars or Lamborghini's or anything else.
Did your eyes trick you?

I said apples to apples.

Yes, the current MUSTANG V6 is faster that an old MUSTANG V8. Duh.
But so is the new MUSTANG V8.

Son, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all, but you really need to pay attention to what people are saying before you come off all half cocked with some stupid ***** because it doesn't look very good on you. Know what I mean?
Sorry I hurt your feelings but some times the truth has to be told and it hurts.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #602
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Everyone's perception of what they want or need their car to be is different. Some people could care less about power and just go on looks and options. People like me want the V8 power, torque, and sound and gas mileage and options are secondary.

I was a teenager in the early to middle 80's and the Muscle cars of the 60's and early 70's were still around in abundance. My perception growing up was that an american performance car had a V8. The introduction of the Cyclone, Typhoon, and Buick Grand National family of cars changed my perception slightly but not much. I still considered for the most part, that a Performance/Muscle car had to have a V8.

That is why when last year I decided to buy a new performance type car, the V8 was the only option for me personally. Not to say the 3.7L doesn't have power or can't outrun the V8's of yesteryear. It just wasn't an option for me personally because of my own personal perceptions.

A guy I work with has a 2012 3.7L Mustang that he has done a lot of performance type modifications to it. He claims to be putting out more that 400+ HP which he probably is. His salery is probably more than double mine and he could easily have bought anything he wants. He chose the 3.7L mainly because he wanted the gas mileage as he gets around 30mpg. His requirements and what is important in his car are different from my own. His car looks very nice and is nicely optioned but my car sounds 10 times better than his which is a very important aspect of my ownership plus I think my car looks better than his because I like the look of my GT fog lights in the grill vs his small ones in the lower bumper as well as a few small other things.

Wayne
I've built everything from BB stuffed into older cars to GN's, DSM's and GM LNF 4 cyl turbo engine (at the time this 4 cyl engine was the most technologically advanced and most hp per liter GM made). This is the first NA V6 I bought to modify but I did my homework on mods available and strength and weakness of the car before buying one. Guess what I'm saying is I'm not a fan boy or necessarily brand loyal I love all cars and engines as a true auto enthusiast should.
Heck I own a AWD 5 speed turbo 4 cyl van putting down 450 awhp and 420 awtq. Fully forged, built head, etc. etc. Thing only weight 3100 lbs. Fun sleeper to say the least.

For what ever its worth friends 3.7 is not making 400 hp. He's fibbing a smudge if he's NA.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #603
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
Sorry I hurt your feelings but some times the truth has to be told and it hurts.
yup...you must still be a little sore. LOL.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #604
Registered Member
Regular

Change this thread topic is way off now and you^^^^^ don't even have a v6 so what do you regret
Old 11-20-2014, 08:15 PM   #605
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Change this thread topic is way off now and you^^^^^ don't even have a v6 so what do you regret
I regret even chiming in on this topic.
My comments were taken way out of context, things read into it that I never said....what a cluster fvck.
My point was that MOST people regret buying the 6.
I've seen it over and over, guys end up spending a boat load of money trying to make them faster and it's just a waste of time and money.
I never said: V8s are better
I never said: they were stupid
I never said an old time V8 was faster than a new V6

All cr@p from the peanut gallery who never learned to read.

What a waste of time......

Tuned by AED
Old 11-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #606
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I understand u now. If it makes you feel better again I'll be the first v6 owner to proudly admit I regret getting the v6 and that's why I haven't even modded it I'm not wasting money on something that's not going to please me in the end
Old 11-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #607
Registered Member
Regular

Can I ask why in the hell did you buy something at 20k+ and already regret it? Did you not research and research and put hours of seat time before you plopped down all that dough?

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #608
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Can I ask why in the hell did you buy something at 20k+ and already regret it? Did you not research and research and put hours of seat time before you plopped down all that dough?

I'm 23 and the for brand new 5.0 my payments were going to be 750 a month lol holllllly sht I got a raise at work and I'm moving to a cheaper home so I can afford now but I'm not going brand new I'm looking for used with low miles........ I also towed my bmw 530i to the ford dealership so I wasn't leaving without a car lol
Old 11-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #609
Registered Member
Regular

How much you figure you'll lose on the 14'? Let me ask you this, without moving and without the raise(congrats BTW) would you still regret the 3.7?

Old 11-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #610
Registered Member
Regular

I personally would rather have a 450 rwhp plus 3.7 over a 5.0. A 450 rwhp 5.0 is a dime a dozen. A 450 rwhp V6, now that's far more rare. I like the rare factor over the 5.0. I don't need 5.0 emblems on my car to make my penis feel large. I much rather spend 10k on a fully forged 3.7 engine with a supercharger making 700 plus rwhp than owning a 750 rwhp V8. A 750 rwhp V6 mustang is a highly rare thing unlike a Gt making that.

That's just me and what I would rather have
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:27 PM   #611
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I personally would rather have a 450 rwhp plus 3.7 over a 5.0. A 450 rwhp 5.0 is a dime a dozen. A 450 rwhp V6, now that's far more rare. I like the rare factor over the 5.0. I don't need 5.0 emblems on my car to make my penis feel large. I much rather spend 10k on a fully forged 3.7 engine with a supercharger making 700 plus rwhp than owning a 700 rwhp V8. A 750 rwhp V6 mustang is a highly rare thing unlike a Gt making that.

That's just me and what I would rather have
I personally would rather not have to carry a bucket and a broom around to pick up the pieces of that over stressed V6 that probably will never see 700 hp anyway....but that's just me.

Tuned by AED
Old 11-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #612
Registered Member
Regular

Old 11-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #613
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I'm happy with my penis size so is my wife that's not the issue for me it's more or less having more power for a starting ground to build I love my v6 its a champ but when everything is all said and done the v8 has more potential but at the time I couldn't get into a v8 now I can so I will and for losing I'm suppose to get 16500 back for the car so losing only 2 grand not bad loss I've had the car since March. If you wanna hear a lose I put over 4grand into repairs into my bmw and it still took a crap damn German cars you believe my alternator was over 650 bucks WTF
Old 11-20-2014, 09:32 PM   #614
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I personally would rather not have to carry a bucket and a broom around to pick up the pieces of that over stressed V6 that probably will never see 700 hp anyway....but that's just me.

πŸ˜„πŸ˜€πŸ˜„β˜ΊοΈ I hope to succeed 700 hp in a few years anyways
Old 11-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #615
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
FORGED INTERNALS I said. The engine will hold 700 HP with a fully forged engine. Heck JPF is around where on HP with factory internals?
Old 11-20-2014, 09:35 PM   #616
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol I'm happy with my penis size so is my wife that's not the issue for me it's more or less having more power for a starting ground to build I love my v6 its a champ but when everything is all said and done the v8 has more potential but at the time I couldn't get into a v8 now I can so I will and for losing I'm suppose to get 16500 back for the car so losing only 2 grand not bad loss I've had the car since March. If you wanna hear a lose I put over 4grand into repairs into my bmw and it still took a crap damn German cars you believe my alternator was over 650 bucks WTF
My penis size is just right too....sorry about the Beemer.
*****s getting crazy expensive these days.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote:
FORGED INTERNALS I said.
Yeah, I saw that, and it ain't enough. Neither is 10 grand gonna get you there.

Tuned by AED
Old 11-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #617
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My penis size is just right too....sorry about the Beemer.
*****s getting crazy expensive these days.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Yeah, I saw that, and it ain't enough. Neither is 10 grand gonna get you there.
So how much rwhp can a fully forged 3.7 engine block handle without blowing up?

For the record I'm not spending 10k on ***** because I don't care about having a 700 HP car let alone a 450 rwhp car. Some people like me just don't care, that's why people like me buy the 3.7 and not the 5.0. Just because someone can afford something doesn't mean they are willing to spend for it. Two very different things. If I spend $ 7500 more on a car that looks almost identical, that ***** better offer me more than 2 cylinders, some suspension mods and 1 inch larger tires.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #618
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So how much rwhp can a fully forged 3.7 engine block handle without blowing up?
Depends on what you do with it and for how long.
It is possible to do, but its expensive and definitely not something I'd drive on the street.
When you stress something that much you are taking chances.....eventually it will pop. Race only? sure....but a DD? not something I'd recommend.

Tuned by AED
Old 11-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #619
Registered Member
Regular

FabMan I would love for you to race Connor at LPF Limited performance and fabrication. He has beaten proven track cars with more HP then you in his 3.7 V6 turbo before it was forged and plenty more afterwards. I really feel like you don't know what your talking about at this point as far as the 3.7 is concerned and just trying to cause trouble.

You don't live in Texas do you? I'm sure he would be down and video tape it. He has plenty of racing vids on 1320 racing.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #620
Registered Member
Regular

And btw to everyone.
Everyone and there momma has a gt or a 3.7 anyways I hate that statement so much
Old 11-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #621
Registered Member
Regular

Tuned by AED
Old 11-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #622
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Depends on what you do with it and for how long.
It is possible to do, but its expensive and definitely not something I'd drive on the street.
When you stress something that much you are taking chances.....eventually it will pop. Race only? sure....but a DD? not something I'd recommend.
How do you know a fully forged 3.7 engine can't handle that type of power? Do you have a fully forged 3.7? I'm just curious as to why you say what you say. On factory internals hell no but fully forged. So again, how much rwhp can the 3.7 handle with fully forged engine?
Old 11-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #623
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How do you know a fully forged 3.7 engine can't handle that type of power? Do you have a fully forged 3.7? I'm just curious as to why you say what you say. On factory internals hell no but fully forged. So again, how much rwhp can the 3.7 handle with fully forged engine?
This is going nowhere. Ya'll have fun with your grenade.
I'm going back to a forum where folks know WTF they are talking about.
Later.

Tuned by AED
Old 11-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #624
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This is going nowhere. Ya'll have fun with your grenade.
I'm going back to a forum where folks know WTF they are talking about.
Later.
Lmao. Anybody, Anybody
Old 11-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #625
Registered Member
Regular

Okay. I would rather have a 450 rwhp v6 over a 450 rwhp V8 but that's just me
Old 11-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #626
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd like to know if he even knows how much whp a stock 3.7 cyclone engine can handle with proper tuning at this point, let alone the forged engine.

The funny thing is he thinks he knows more about our 3.7 engine and capabilities then we do and we own and mod them, lol.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #627
Registered Member
Regular

Way to call him out, Kona! Clearly he isn't aware of what LPF has been doing.

Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #628
Registered Member
Regular

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #629
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post

*****...how do I unsubscribe to this madness?
Y'all can't read....we were talking about a 700 V6 as a DD.....you guys are hopeless.

Tuned by AED
Old 11-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #630
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post

Ha ha ha. Clearly since this gentleman doesn't own a 3.7 he really doesn't follow what's going on in the 3.7 community. He clearly isn't following LPF because if my memory serves me correct LPF is already rolling 600 plus rwhp all on factory internals. Once LPF goes fully forged I believe they will be around 1,000 rwhp. Silly V8 owner.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang