Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8? - Page 19 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #631
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Ha ha ha. Clearly since this gentleman doesn't own a 3.7 he really doesn't follow what's going on in the 3.7 community. He clearly isn't following LPF because if my memory serves me correct LPF is already rolling 600 plus rwhp all on factory internals. Once LPF goes fully forged I believe they will be around 1,000 rwhp. Silly V8 owner.
Like I said...700 as a daily driver.
you aren't very smart are ya there tinkerbell....?

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 10:08 PM   #632
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
FabMan I would love for you to race Connor at LPF turbo. He has beaten proven track cars with more HP then you in his 3.7 V6 turbo before it was forged and plenty more afterwards.

You don't live in Texas do you? I'm sure he would be down and video tape it. He has plenty of racing vids on 1320 racing.

Is that the guy that beats the gtr with 3 people deep?
Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:12 PM   #633
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post
Like I said...700 as a daily driver.
you aren't very smart are ya there tinkerbell....?
Your in over your head man, you don't know what your talking about and can't read apparently.

If a car can make +600 hp daily driver on stock internals, what in your brain makes you think it can't be a daily driver on forged internals?

The guy he is talking about has whooped up on a 700 hp vette, highly modded GTR among others. I told you there are videos.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 10:12 PM   #634
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Okay. I would rather have a 450 rwhp v6 over a 450 rwhp V8 but that's just me

450 r whp would involve fi on a v6 were 450 whp on a v8 wouldn't require that I understand we all stand up for what we have I do the same when people smack talk my v6
Old 11-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #635
Registered Member
Regular

FabMan I would love for you to race Connor at LPF turbo. He has beaten proven track cars with more HP then you in his 3.7 V6 turbo before it was forged and plenty more afterwards.

You don't live in Texas do you? I'm sure he would be down and video tape it. He has plenty of racing vids on 1320 racing.

And just what does that have to do with anything? I never said one word about my car....you are a freaking idiot. You read things in that aren't there...this is madness.
Now I know where all the idiots hang out. My god you are freaking stupid.

Tuned by AED
*694 RWHP/677 RWTQ* 10.22@136mph
Currently Assaulting California's Roadcourses
Fabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #636
Registered Member
Regular

But I'd prefer the v8 any day....... Or my integra gsr that is sitting in my parents house incomplete .... lol Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1416543217.513081.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	402.7 KB
ID:	170004Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1416543239.034557.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	170005 had to throw that in there mix this thread up a bit my friend made 165 whp with a gsr swap into a eg hatchback and was running 13.5 all day street tires and full interior
Old 11-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #637
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabman View Post

And just what does that have to do with anything? I never said one word about my car....you are a freaking idiot. You read things in that aren't there...this is madness.
Now I know where all the idiots hang out. My god you are freaking stupid.
Nothing, I'd just like to see how your FI V8 compared to the LPF 3.7 Turbo car.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #638
Registered Member
Regular

He's also running nitrous
Old 11-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #639
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geok.91 View Post
He's also running nitrous
Yeah now he is, he wasn't originally when he beat some of those cars. I know for a fact he wasn't when he beat the vette and some of the other cars, not sure on the GTR.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #640
Registered Member
Regular

He was with the gtr the guy in the back seat was pushing the button lol
Old 11-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #641
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geok.91 View Post
450 r whp would involve fi on a v6 were 450 whp on a v8 wouldn't require that I understand we all stand up for what we have I do the same when people smack talk my v6
Yes sir, the 3.7 is gonna need some F.I. to pull 450 rwhp. Where as a 5.0 could easily achieve 450 rwhp with bolt on mods. For me, a 450 rwhp 5.0 or older V8 models are a dime a dozen. A 450 rwhp 3.7 is a far more rare occurrence. I like that rare factor. Not saying you do but I don't need 5.0 emblems or a Gt trunk emeblem to make me feel important and can't handle some ball breaking by people.

Not saying this about all V8 owners but check this out. I found this on the internet. Funny how in 2005 this Gt was the cats meow and 6 years later the 2011 V6 wasn't crap yet each car runs almost identical performance numbers. My 2011will roll at least 140 mph too. Ask me how I know! Funny how that works.

The 2014 5.0 with 420 HP is the cats meow. If in 2020 Ford made a 410 HP V6 mustang, the V8 guys would be like. That V6 ain't ***** and if you want real performance one would buy the 520 HP GT. Funny how that mentality works. Dude could have a 265 HP GT and that's the freaking ***** because its a V8 but have a 350 HP V6, man at least my pony ain't a V6. Ha ha ha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1416543726253.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	170006  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #642
Registered Member
Regular

I understand everything your saying boss. And for me it's not to show off the emblem id shave the car down anyways it's just I know the v8 has more potential so I wanna use that as my starting ground . Not the v6 and that's my reason of regret I got what I got because that's all I could afford at the time. In no way will I diss the v6 ever. Even when I get in a 5.0 .there amazing machines and have great potential as well but I'm sure lpf is going to run into a 5.0 with the same mods as him and that 5.0 will probably take him.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #643
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
RAP Alligations

Quote:
Sure it has and all the videos floating around the web of 3v's getting raped by 3.7 V6's are fake. We don't even have the aftermarket 3v's have. I'm not going to lie I wish I had the cheap and expansive aftermarket of the 3v.
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #644
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I live near Vanderbilt and 951. Bringing your Stang? Either way holler if bored. I have my kids running some that weekend but always down to meet another stang guy!

And I dont really measure vs others. I just mine faster all the time lol. If my budget matched my means The $17,000 American Muscle build list would be enroute lol
Heh, naw, I'll be taking the 757 this time around. Its 53 hours to Naples from Tacoma if you don't really stop and I'm getting old I guess

Yeah my build list is a little ridiculous, but that's only if I get everything on it. Mostly I'm contented to tinker with junkyard finds. Going to try to swap in OEM Nav and dial climate after the holiday. And I just found out someone over at TMS has made it pretty easy to swap in a 13-14 cluster with track apps.

I spent almost a year driving in Germany and driving here is so fugging frustrating I don't need a totally extreme car. That said I'd like to get it on a road course next year, so god only knows what that'll do to my budget.

I'm doing the family visit circuit but I'll see if we can check in and grab a beer or something. I'm sure I'll be rolling in some kind of hot rental like a Chrysler 200 or Corolla :/
WordySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:54 PM   #645
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Why I love and keep my 3.7 MCA automatic 2012 Mustang.

My last car was a Mini Cooper John Cooper Works Turbo four with 211 horsepower. It was a great car and a perfect track car. I bought it brand new in 2009 when the JCW came out. My 1998 Corvette was falling apart and Chevy dealers were the very worst at almost trying to fix anything on it. Of course running it around tracks like Daytona etc. did it no good.
When the Chevy dealers wanted $3,500 or more to repair an air conditioner I traded it for the JCW.
The Mini JCW is a great car but it is a BMW and when the warranty expired they wanted $3,500 to extend it for two more years. I had some sever health problems and was done tracking and Auto X-ing so I took a ride up to my Ford dealer to look at a Focus. "ST" They were not out yet and I was informed you can't get the automatic transmission in one.
It was raining off and on pretty hard that Sunday and when I pulled in with my Mini A salesman ask if he could show me something. I said I just wanted to wander around and see if any of the Focus's or anything else jumped out at me. He gave me his card and I went to look around.
On the way back to my car I spotted this red candy Mustang with great looking grey wheels. It looked just perfect with the rain drops beading up all over it. I say "IT WAS TRUE LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT" I walked over to look inside and it had the tan leather seats I like and it was an automatic. I looked at the window sticker and seen it was a V6. It was a premium and the sticker was $29,690.00
If it was a V8 I would have bought it anyway but it was a six.
I walked back to get into my Mini and the salesman asked if something jumped out that I liked. I said "YEP, A Mustang." He said, We are giving great deals today. I said I will probably sell my Mini and then maybe look at Mustangs. He asked if I had time to drive the Mustang while he got his boss to look at my trade. I drove it and just plain loved it. I wanted it pretty bad but I sure did not want to show it.
He asked what I wanted to pay.
I said $4,500 out the door.
He went to tell his boss.
He came back with $7,500 difference and I pay the Tax and transfer.
I said "NO WAY" $4,500 out the door.
He went back to the boss and came back with $6,000 difference out the door.
I picked up my key's, said "THANK YOU" and headed for the door. The sales guy asked me to wait and he would see what he could do.
He came back and said if I bought the Mustang right now I could have it for $5,000 out the door and of course I said "YES"
I went into the finance lady and she wrote it up. I financed the $5,000 through Ford Credit and bought the extended 7 year 70,000 mile warranty for an added $900.00
As soon as I got home I found America Muscle on the web. It needed mufflers. I called them Monday morning and they were out of stock.
I was on Amazon and looking for Mustang T-shirts and don't ya know the Magnaflow streets were in stock at Amazon with free shipping and no tax. This was still 2011 and they were $559.99
I received them on Wednesday and my brother and I had them on that same day.
My first long trip was to the American Muscle show in Media Pa. I loaded up my dog Mario and off we went. I perfect way to break in a new car. A 2,600 round trip. ( includes driving around Pa. & Md. for a week after the show)
So far I have won two peoples choice awards and a $100.00 gift certificate with my Mustang I named Red Ryder.
I just turned down buying a 2014 GT premium a few months ago for $10,000 out the door and just could not justify getting rid of my Red Ryder.
I have come out of places such as Publix or the Mall and found people admiring my Mustang. I keep the red Candy paint clean and shiny.
No, I don't race or track so my 3.7 V6 runs when I want it to, It sounds like I want it to and looks like a Mustang is supposed to look.
It is trouble free and no recalls, Half the cost of insurance and great MPG. I belong to not only a Mustang club but also a Muscle car club. I'm guessing because the way my car looks is why nobody ever asks what engine is in it.
I have had some very fast cars back in the good old days when there was way less traffic and gas was cheap.
At my age now and with my souvenirs from Indo China catching up with me, I need an Automatic transmission. I really don't need a V8. The 2.73 ratio rear works OK for me and the only thing I want next is an aluminum driveshaft. Maybe a tuner later on down the road.
As you all can see my list of mod's. It is stuff I would have bought even if my car was a GT-V8.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:00 PM   #646
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
My last car was a Mini Cooper John Cooper Works Turbo four with 211 horsepower. It was a great car and a perfect track car. I bought it brand new in 2009 when the JCW came out. My 1998 Corvette was falling apart and Chevy dealers were the very worst at almost trying to fix anything on it. Of course running it around tracks like Daytona etc. did it no good.
When the Chevy dealers wanted $3,500 or more to repair an air conditioner I traded it for the JCW.
The Mini JCW is a great car but it is a BMW and when the warranty expired they wanted $3,500 to extend it for two more years. I had some sever health problems and was done tracking and Auto X-ing so I took a ride up to my Ford dealer to look at a Focus. "ST" They were not out yet and I was informed you can't get the automatic transmission in one.
It was raining off and on pretty hard that Sunday and when I pulled in with my Mini A salesman ask if he could show me something. I said I just wanted to wander around and see if any of the Focus's or anything else jumped out at me. He gave me his card and I went to look around.
On the way back to my car I spotted this red candy Mustang with great looking grey wheels. It looked just perfect with the rain drops beading up all over it. I say "IT WAS TRUE LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT" I walked over to look inside and it had the tan leather seats I like and it was an automatic. I looked at the window sticker and seen it was a V6. It was a premium and the sticker was $29,690.00
I walked back to get into my Mini and the salesman asked if something jumped out that I liked. I said "YEP, A Mustang." He said, We are giving great deals today. I said I will probably sell my Mini and then maybe look at Mustangs. He asked if I had time to drive the Mustang while he got his boss to look at my trade. I drove it and just plain loved it. I wanted it pretty bad but I sure did not want to show it.
I picked up my key's, said "THANK YOU" and headed for the door. The sales guy asked me to wait and he would see what he could do.
He came back and said if I bought the Mustang right now I could have it for $5,000 out the door and of course I said "YES"
I went into the finance lady and she wrote it up. I financed the $5,000 through Ford Credit and bought the extended 7 year 70,000 mile warranty for an added $900.00
As soon as I got home I found America Muscle on the web. It needed mufflers. I called them Monday morning and they were out of stock.
I was on Amazon and looking for Mustang T-shirts and don't ya know the Magnaflow streets were in stock at Amazon with free shipping and no tax. This was still 2011 and they were $559.99
My first long trip was to the American Muscle show in Media Pa. I loaded up my dog Mario and off we went. I perfect way to break in a new car. A 2,600 round trip. ( includes driving around Pa. & Md. for a week after the show)
So far I have won two peoples choice awards and a $100.00 gift certificate with my Mustang I named Red Ryder.
I just turned down buying a 2014 GT premium a few months ago for $10,000 out the door and just could not justify getting rid of my Red Ryder.
I have come out of places such as Publix or the Mall and found people admiring my Mustang. I keep the red Candy paint clean and shiny.
No, I don't race or track so my 3.7 V6 runs when I want it to, It sounds like I want it to and looks like a Mustang is supposed to look.
It is trouble free and no recalls, Half the cost of insurance and great MPG. I belong to not only a Mustang club but also a Muscle car club. I'm guessing because the way my car looks is why nobody ever asks what engine is in it.
I have had some very fast cars back in the good old days when there was way less traffic and gas was cheap.
At my age now and with my souvenirs from Indo China catching up with me, I need an Automatic transmission. I really don't need a V8. The 2.73 ratio rear works OK for me and the only thing I want next is an aluminum driveshaft. Maybe a tuner later on down the road.
As you all can see my list of mod's. It is stuff I would have bought even if my car was a GT-V8.
Ronnie
I always like reading your post, love seeing your enthusiasm in every single one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #647
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I always like reading your post, love seeing your enthusiasm in every single one.

Not post... Book* lmao

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:34 PM   #648
Registered Member
Regular

It would be nice if Ronnie's post remains the final word on this topic. Let's finish it on Ronnie's positive note of true love for his vehicle. Something we can all relate to, no matter what model we drive.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #649
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
So your running a low 13 1/4 in your stock 3v mustang is what your saying since a stock Magnum SRT8 runs a 13.6. The one you raced is bolt on, tuned. You sure the guy knew how to race?

Never said it was in my Stock 3V!.. Read what I wrote!.. It was in my Modded '04 GT!!... I currently own Two Mustangs Bud!.. LolClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1416548684.725297.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	170008

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #650
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
So what all is done to your 2v? @ Eturner

Short answer is, heads, cams, and gears haven't been touched yet!..

Old 11-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #651
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
I've built everything from BB stuffed into older cars to GN's, DSM's and GM LNF 4 cyl turbo engine (at the time this 4 cyl engine was the most technologically advanced and most hp per liter GM made). This is the first NA V6 I bought to modify but I did my homework on mods available and strength and weakness of the car before buying one. Guess what I'm saying is I'm not a fan boy or necessarily brand loyal I love all cars and engines as a true auto enthusiast should.
Heck I own a AWD 5 speed turbo 4 cyl van putting down 450 awhp and 420 awtq. Fully forged, built head, etc. etc. Thing only weight 3100 lbs. Fun sleeper to say the least.

For what ever its worth friends 3.7 is not making 400 hp. He's fibbing a smudge if he's NA.
I have also owned a little bit of everything. I currently have a 1970 Monte Carlo with a 396 big block in it. This car also has had in the past a 400 small block and a 350 small block. The car I traded in on the Mustang was a 2004 Monte Carlo SS with the supercharged 3800 V6. It was a good looking car with good power but I wanted more and I wanted the sound of a V8. My daily driver is a 1992 4cyl Cavalier.

While I'm not wealthy, I'm lucky enough to have other vehicles that can satisfy other aspects of what I want without having to have them all wrapped up in one vehicle.

As far as my friends 3.7L in his Mustang, I know he has it tuned as well as exhaust and a CAI. I also want to say it's supercharged but I will ask him for sure. He did have it put on a dyno recently and he showed me the results but I don't remember so I'll ask him about this as well.

Wayne
Old 11-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #652
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
I have also owned a little bit of everything. I currently have a 1970 Monte Carlo with a 396 big block in it. This car also has had in the past a 400 small block and a 350 small block. The car I traded in on the Mustang was a 2004 Monte Carlo SS with the supercharged 3800 V6. It was a good looking car with good power but I wanted more and I wanted the sound of a V8. My daily driver is a 1992 4cyl Cavalier.

While I'm not wealthy, I'm lucky enough to have other vehicles that can satisfy other aspects of what I want without having to have them all wrapped up in one vehicle.

As far as my friends 3.7L in his Mustang, I know he has it tuned as well as exhaust and a CAI. I also want to say it's supercharged but I will ask him for sure. He did have it put on a dyno recently and he showed me the results but I don't remember so I'll ask him about this as well.

Wayne
I always liked the Monte Carlo body styles throughout the years, the G body is still one of my favorites I had a 86 Monte Carlo that I stuffed a 383 in. I'm currently fixing the engine in a friends 84 Regal Buick T-type (parked out back), he offered to sell it to me but whoever had it previously did it no favors as far as taking care of the body and interior. Probably going to pass to much money out of pocket to get it where it needs to be with what he wants for it.

If your friend has a procharger on his 3.7 then he is pushing 400+ whp.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #653
Registered Member
Regular

My first car was a 1996 Monte-Carlo Z34!.. Actually Loved that car!..

Old 11-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #654
Registered Member
Regular

My v6 was less than a focus or mazda3 in my price range (government worker). Easy choice. 18000 brand new. It gets the job done with quite a bit of fun.
CUBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #655
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
I always liked the Monte Carlo body styles throughout the years, the G body is still one of my favorites I had a 86 Monte Carlo that I stuffed a 383 in. I'm currently fixing the engine in a friends 84 Regal Buick T-type (parked out back), he offered to sell it to me but whoever had it previously did it no favors as far as taking care of the body and interior. Probably going to pass to much money out of pocket to get it where it needs to be with what he wants for it.

If your friend has a procharger on his 3.7 then he is pushing 400+ whp.
The 70 Monte Carlo that I have, I have had since 1987 and is the second car in line of all of the ones I have bought. I have owned three other Monte Carlo's in the 70-72 model years.

My 2004 Monte Carlo SS was a Dale Jr. limited edition car and I really hated to get rid of it but I hardly ever drove it and never really fell in love with it. I only drove it about 13,000 miles in the almost four years I had it.

I never really payed much attention to the newer Mustangs(I'm a GM guy) until my fiancee bought a 2007 Mustang GT in 2010 with only 6,900 miles on it. This is what ultimately pushed me to get my own Mustang last year.

Price wise, I feel the Mustang is the best bang for your buck performance wise whether you get the V6 or V8 and it's also a good looking car.

Wayne
Old 11-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #656
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

Ronnie

Awesome brother...

grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:56 AM   #657
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
i drive a v6 mustang and have no friends

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #658
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011fastford View Post
i drive a v6 mustang and have no friends
I drive a V6 and don't want any friends. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #659
Registered Member
Regular

I drive a V8 and Hate my friends!.. Lol. 😜

Old 11-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #660
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I drive a V6 and my friends hate me! Just Kidding!

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #661
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I drive a V6 and my friends hate me! Just Kidding!

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible

Hate them back!.. Works for me!.. Lol.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:31 PM   #662
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Haha +1 to the last 5 posts
Old 11-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #663
Registered Member
Regular

$2K more than a Corolla...

Yeah - that was a hard choice and took me all of 0.5 seconds once I saw the silly deals they were having on the 14s.

But don't fret. A year from now, they will have tons of V6s on the lots rotting away. Ford is nothing if not predictable in the number of cars it overbuilds each year.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #664
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I'm just happy I like my V6 MCA

Thursday I went to Orlando to the international auto show. It is an event where you can see all different cars and take test drives in quite a few of them. Dodge even had a"Charger" Hellcat there that I got to sit in and check out. Ford had 2015 Mustangs, A 3.7 V6 & a 5.0 as well as a red convertible. I checked them out pretty good. I like the 2015's and think Ford did a good job except they can take the stupid touch screen and stick it where the sun don't shine. I like "KNOBS" they are easier to use and way much safer then driving down the highway trying to use a touch screen. You can't use one unless your looking at it.

They had a turbo-4 cut-out engine on display. It surprised me how small that engine is. It really can not weigh much as small as it is.

I had My 2012 parked in a great spot in the Handicap lot. It was backed in and super clean and shiny. The sun made the red candy paint "GLOW"
When I went out to put some things in my trunk so I did not have to carry them. There were about at least ten people looking at my Mustang. Most were foreigners and asked me a lot of questions. I felt like a celebrity. Some wanted to take a picture of me with my car. Some took a picture of my car and two couples had a picture with me and my car.

I decided then and there that I'm just not going to be selling or trading my Mustang for a long time.

I went and drove the new Ford F-150 pickup with the 3.5 eco-boost and it was a fully loaded vehicle with every option you could have. When done they gave me a goody bag so back to my car I went to drop it off. There was A different smaller group of people gathered around it. I was another fifteen minutes talking Mustangs before I could get back inside of the convention center.

I think it is the candy paint that attracts people to my Mustang.
Oh! Not one single person asked what engine was in my car.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #665
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Ah the memories. Some things never change.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang