Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
When anybody asks- I just say:::

I have a 305 Horsepower six I have not had anyone do a "YUGK yet. Most of my friends are true car people and already know about the 3.7 V6 and how it performs so I don't get the static that the small Peins people spout out. If they don't like my Mustang it is because they are either driving a Civic, Volvo or jap car of some kind. All I know is I must love my car a lot because I just got a call from my dealer. They are looking for low mileage Mustangs and offered me what I paid for it on a trade on a 2014 anything they sell. I'm not giving my V6 up for anything.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
.. if you can afford a GT or better... it shouldn't be a hard decision .. if your looking for mpgs and don't have the extra money to be spending then get the v6 ..
I don't think anyone will deny that the v8 is better then the v6 ... that being said the v6 is a great car but if you can afford it then it should be an easy decision... just like the GT guys.. yeah they will defend there GT and justify it but if they could afford the Shelby.. well ...
FullyAutomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8?

Here we go again. These people out here are convinced that if you drive a V6 it must be because you are broke and can't afford the V8. I guess all of us V6 owners should just give in and agree that we are less than financially successful, because that seems to be the concensus no matter what the case. I just don't get it.

There's a difference between not being able to afford something and not wanting to spend the extra money.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

^ okay ... please list the pro's and con's of a v6 vs v8 other then cost factor

if it is not about the price of the car or the cost of the fuel
... say someone was offering one of the two cars for free...
why would you choose the sixxer over the v8
Old 04-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I completely understand about getting your chops busted by people for getting the V6. My co workers and people always laugh and go really, you got a V6 in a mustang. The disappointment in peoples eyes are hilarious and find it amusing.

I just shake my head and say if you only had a clue. Lol. Fortunate for me, I'm not weak minded and allow people to dictate my decisions. I don't need a Gt, V8 to feel important and feel I'm the man. That's for the weak minded, highly influenced people. I think its hilarious when V6 owners put Gt badges and emblems on their V6 so it makes them feel cool and important.

Good thing I'm not out to impress the world or my co workers. I only need to impress myself! I have pride in my ride and has nothing to do with the engine size.

Ya your absolutely right besides the other guys making fun of you probably drive 4 cylinders like in my case I love my ride only thing I would absolutely take from the gt is the bigger tires and the lower stance other then that I love my car to death
walter0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I lol'd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5hxn.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	153071  
Old 04-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #42
God
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Cool

kinda. all im saying is if i waited and never rushed to get this car 3 years ago, i'd be driving a GT right now but oh well.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I love my V6. Actually was driving today and stopped at Arby's for lunch. The guy behind the counter pointed and asked if that was my Mustang out in the parking lot. I told him yeah it was. The first question he had about it was the engine. Lol I told him it was a 305HP V6 and he said that was plenty of power and said it was a beautiful car. Not a single person has ever whined about the whole V6 thing to me. And seriously, we are all big boys here...NEVER drop an extra 7K into a car purchase just because you're worried what people are gonna think of you. For god sakes. It's your car, and the guy bugging you for having a V6 probably doesn't have a 5.0 anyways.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I don't regret getting my old 3.7 because I loved that car but I did end up traded it in for a 5.0 because I wanted more power & just simply wanted the 5.0! I pay for my car & I wanted the 5.0 so I got it!! The 3.7 v6 is a BA car tho I would take that over a 10 & older v8 any day!! That being said if u REALLY WANT the v8 might as well get it now & not lose $ on a trade in later but if ur just gonna get it because u don't want people to say aww it's just a six..F*CK them they're not paying for the car so don't even sweat it! Get what YOU want & what suits YOU the best!
Old 04-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Lol. I should of said numerous 10 and under Gt owners. Ha ha ha. Numerous but not you specifically. Lol

It's all because I'm a true Car Guy!.. I don't care how fast my cars are, they are mine and I'm building them the way I want!.. I've beaten and been beat by 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 cylinder cars!.. Lol. He who has the deepest pockets has the baddest rides!.. Lol. I just love modding my cars and making them better than what they are!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Just wait, it is rumored that Ford want to produce a Mustang that will make everyone happy. The NEW V7 will start being produced in the 2016 line.

THAT WAY, THERE WILL BE NO MORE WHINING ON WHICH ONE IS THE BEST!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

WELL there you have it OP
NO one who bought a v6 on this forum on this thread has regretted getting a v6 instead of a v8..
so decision time lol what you going to pick up?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #48

Region: Texas
cost: I can afford any new Mustang. I got the car I wanted

mpg: not a huge consideration for me

performance: my auto trans has the manual shift feature, and when I use this from a stop, and almost redline it thru the first several gears, the performance meets or exceeds any need I have, but a straight line drag is a small part of the big picture. It also maintains very high speeds on the interstate effortlessly and without any strain. In fact, it seems to glide along, totally vibration free while supplying a very quiet solid ride. The v8 does produce more hp, however when I drive in a variety of situations, I never wish for more power. Ford did their homework with the 3.7 engine. To make over 300 hp while using 87 gas and getting acceptable mpg's is something unheard of not too many yrs ago

appearance: my 2013 model has the Mustang Club of America package adding the billet grill, lower MCA stripe, MCA logo floor mats, spoiler, fog lamps, and very dark grey 18" wheels. It gives a unique look to the educated eye in a world with so many Mustangs already on the road

The bottom line is to get what you prefer, while suiting your personal financial picture. The V6 cars are very fun to drive, and that's why I got one. For most regular driving I use one of my other vehicles. But when it's nice outside and my wife isn't blocking my side of the garage, it comes out.

my car was assembled in 4/12, and in my garage 5/12, so I've enjoyed it for basically two yrs

John Dough
2013 Mustang V6 Premium w/ Mustang Club of America pkg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0107.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	495.1 KB
ID:	153101  
cqt1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #49

Region: Virginia

You guys are awesome. All your replies have been very helpful! Thanks so much!

I think I am going with the V6 premium with all the gadgets and cool upgrades I want. Unless the dealer gives me a very good reason to get the GT premium, I rather invest the money in the leather seats, etc...

I still have 6 more months before I buy my new ride. I have a lease right now, that expires in Sep. In the meantime, I am doing my homework. I have driven manual cars like for ever, but never a car with real hp (couple of Nissan Sentra, and then VW Jetta twice too).

So you will be getting more questions from this silly girl who never thought she would actually get a Mustang one day. I want to learn as much as I can. BTW. I just read the 2014 is a 3.7, duh!

THANKS again!
ylmva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylmva View Post
You guys are awesome. All your replies have been very helpful!

I think I am going with the V6 premium with all the gadgets and cool upgrades I want. Unless the dealer gives me a very good reason to get the GT premium, I rather invest the money in the leather seats, etc... Than just t
Bro. I personally would take a loaded premium 3.7 any day of the week than a base, bare bones 5.0. My a$$ wants nice leather seats and the latest gadgets. Making more power is easy if one wants with the 3.7

Good choice bud! 3.7 baby
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqt1414 View Post
cost: I can afford any new Mustang. I got the car I wanted

John Dough
2013 Mustang V6 Premium w/ Mustang Club of America pkg

Thank you. And this is the issue I took with the direction this thread was taking, that people buy the V6 because they can't afford anything else. Here is another person that could have afforded the GT but still got the 6. Some people out here just can't understand that no matter how many different times or ways it is said. They just keep going back to "If you could have afforded the GT you would have bought one".
Old 04-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My husband would kill me if I get a super snake...

How do you buckle your seat belt with oven mitts
Old 04-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Thank you. And this is the issue I took with the direction this thread was taking, that people buy the V6 because they can't afford anything else. Here is another person that could have afforded the GT but still got the 6. Some people out here just can't understand that no matter how many different times or ways it is said. They just keep going back to "If you could have afforded the GT you would have bought one".

Because that's how some people justify their purchase. It's dumb, and when people rag on the V6 for the sake of their ego, the credibility of what they are saying goes down the drain, but it is what it is what it is. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullyAutomatic View Post
How do you buckle your seat belt with oven mitts

Humm, what do you mean oven mitts?
Old 04-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Humm, what do you mean oven mitts?

Sounds like an insult for being female. I would just ignore it. From a lot of the other posts I see from this person it seems typical. Still can't figure out what country they are even from, signature says Mexico, posts say Canada. Haven't seen a picture of a car yet either.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #56

LOL! Well, if that is what he meant, he would be surprised! The only mitts I wear are Rowlings...
Old 04-06-2014, 10:35 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I own both a V6 and a Cobra, and I'll tell you, I LOVE my sixer. Yes, I'll admit at first when I started to get the whole "you shoulda bought a V8" replies, I lost my pride and started to get slight buyers remorse, but then I realized that I loved my car and it didn't matter what anyone thought. I still own my V6, but instead of it being stock it's actually a feisty little street racer now with all the mods I put into it, and it's so much fun to drive. I'm actually happy I never sold it.
In the end look at the pros and cons
-Better MPG, but less HP
-Cheaper, but sort of loses that "Muscle Car" feel since it's not a V8
-Less on insurance, but not by much
-Lots of aftermarket parts, but a modded V8 will, again, be faster and cooler (and louder xD)
In the end it's up to you dude, but trust me, even though it was always considered the "little brother" of Mustangs, I still and always will enjoy driving my sixer. A V8 for your first Mustang, if you can afford it, is awesome, but if you get the V6, I'm just saying, don't sweat it and enjoy your car for what it is

Hope this helps
2000 V6: SR CAI, BBK Throttle Body, 4.10 Gears, Edis Coil Pack, Magnaflow Exhausts, HP Wires, Iridium Spark Plugs, Raxiom Headlights, 391/2 lb Injectors, Cobra Fuel Pump, Procharger Stage II Supercharger Blown & Intercooled @ 9 lbs of Boost.
1998 Cobra: JLT Ram CAI, Underdrive Pulleys, Eibach Launch Springs, Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe & Catback Exhausts, Saleen Spoiler. Vortech Supercharger w/ Intercooler soon to come!
CplAhern04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
The cyclone is truly a great motor. I don't even refer to it as a V6, most of the time I just say "That's a fast little 3.7 liter." Although, I would never purchase anything below the V8 or top-performance model available. The 11'+ V6 may have the horsepower, but doesn't have the mean looks and sound I like to have.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I regret getting a v6 over a smart car those things save major gas and look great while doing it!
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:55 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CplAhern04 View Post
I own both a V6 and a Cobra, and I'll tell you, I LOVE my sixer.

Hope this helps

Yes, it does help! As I said, you guys have been great! I am absolutely more clear with what I really want right now. I am really not a person that knows a lot about cars to be really honest. I know what having more or less HP means, and the difference between 6 and 8, and a few other things, but mostly I am just someone who loooves driving a manual car, someone who likes speed, though I control myself , someone who enjoys the sound the mustang engines make, and thinks the car look totally rocks! I am coming from driving a VW to driving a Mustang! Heck that's gonna put a big smile in my face.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Yes, it does help! As I said, you guys have been great! I am absolutely more clear with what I really want right now. I am really not a person that knows a lot about cars to be really honest. I know what having more or less HP means, and the difference between 6 and 8, and a few other things, but mostly I am just someone who loooves driving a manual car, someone who likes speed, though I control myself , someone who enjoys the sound the mustang engines make, and thinks the car look totally rocks! I am coming from driving a VW to driving a Mustang! Heck that's gonna put a big smile in my face.
In the end, it's a Mustang. We all love Mustangs on this site and have no hate for the sixer here. Even if some jerkbag decides to talk **** about your pony you can always come on here and rant, and we'll rant back with you lol. Good luck with the buy and be sure to send pics when you finally get it, regardless of what engine it has!
2000 V6: SR CAI, BBK Throttle Body, 4.10 Gears, Edis Coil Pack, Magnaflow Exhausts, HP Wires, Iridium Spark Plugs, Raxiom Headlights, 391/2 lb Injectors, Cobra Fuel Pump, Procharger Stage II Supercharger Blown & Intercooled @ 9 lbs of Boost.
1998 Cobra: JLT Ram CAI, Underdrive Pulleys, Eibach Launch Springs, Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe & Catback Exhausts, Saleen Spoiler. Vortech Supercharger w/ Intercooler soon to come!
CplAhern04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:19 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL! Well, if that is what he meant, he would be surprised! The only mitts I wear are Rowlings...
Boxer are you. Ha ha ha
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:25 AM   #63

Region: Other
There is difference in the car power but sharp will be Mustang ,so if u prefer having a really fast strong car,go for v8 but if u want good average Mustang power go for v6 .whatever even the v6 is crazy nice 😁in the end it's Mustang
hero22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #64
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
I absolutely enjoy my 2011 V6 Mustang. I've personalized it to my taste, and will continue in that direction.

If money had not been the major factor, I would be driving a Boss. However, I have found that weekend course running of my V6 has provided me with a bunch of fun, so the extra coin in my pocket has allowed me to afford the current and future mods to my V6.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 AM   #65

Cool man 😜 enjoy it it will drive u crazy all the way
Old 04-07-2014, 06:26 AM   #66

Quote:
Boxer are you. Ha ha ha

LOL, baseball mitts that is, but I do TKD too , and in a few months will be driving a Mustang! How cool is that?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:35 AM   #67

Heheheh it's like u drive ******* and then ******* just imagine 😁 lol
Old 04-07-2014, 06:42 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I bought my v6 because i wanted it. I could have bought a GT, i didn't want an engine that hasn't been proven yet.

My opinion of a Muscle car is.........When a car maker (ford) takes an engine (3.7L) made for one of their larger 4,000+ LBS cars (Lincoln) and modifies it then puts that engine (3.7L) in a smaller with less weight car (Mustang)= Muscle Car

Just saying....
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:48 AM   #69

Oh we got u here mr.muscle 😜 yea u r right
Old 04-07-2014, 07:06 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero22 View Post
Oh we got u here mr.muscle 😜 yea u r right

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang