Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8? - Page 6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #176
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I will tell you this. Although I might only be 20, I was practically raised by my grandpa. That means it was all Beach Boys, Beetles, Jeanne Pruett, Chuck Berry, and on and on. Lol don't tell anybody but I still listen to that stuff sometimes even though it's 30+ years before my time. Hahaha
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #177
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
This is why I love my "SIRIUS" satellite radio

I can have 40's-50's-60's-70's with the turn of a knob. I can also listen to the "OLD" country music when in the mood.
Anything 80's and up including new country rock is not for me. If I want a headache I can get drunk and wake up with a hangover, Not listen to the stupid noise they call music now-a-days.
There just ain't any better music then the "OLDIES but GOODIES"
Going down the highway listening to my Magnaflows and the oldies in my Mustang is just plain "PERFECT"
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:08 AM   #178
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Hank Williams III. Lydia Loveless, Lyle Lovett, Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash. Yes Country still lives, it just ain't on the radio
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #179
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Lol this thread has gone everywhere.. Music ..Betamax and Stangs , the way the world turns 😃
Batdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #180
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batdive View Post
Lol this thread has gone everywhere.. Music ..Betamax and Stangs , the way the world turns 😃
Yup, first time I've ever seen luxury as a negative. Hell, I got my fully loaded premium for $22K and gave a $9k down. My V6 only cost me $13k before taxes. I just turned 64, so I would'nt really ever use all the power of the V8. Best of both worlds for me. I say if you're happy with what you've got, who cares what anyone else thinks. Ain't no body's business but my own
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #181
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
I just turned 64, so I would'nt really ever use all the power of the V8. Best of both worlds for me. I say if you're happy with what you've got, who cares what anyone else thinks. Ain't no body's business but my own
You've got a year on me and that has been my philosophy for years now. What other people think of you is none of your business.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #182
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
Yup, first time I've ever seen luxury as a negative. Hell, I got my fully loaded premium for $22K and gave a $9k down. My V6 only cost me $13k before taxes. I just turned 64, so I would'nt really ever use all the power of the V8. Best of both worlds for me. I say if you're happy with what you've got, who cares what anyone else thinks. Ain't no body's business but my own

Fully agree. I bought the v6 premium vert for the open air cruising and the beauty of a Stang. Not to mention the V6s are pretty potent compared to the anemic rental v6 Stangs of the past.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #183
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
You've got a year on me and that has been my philosophy for years now. What other people think of you is none of your business.
That's one of my favorite creedos. The other is "F*** em if they can't take a joke"
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 04-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #184
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Fully agree. I bought the v6 premium vert for the open air cruising and the beauty of a Stang. Not to mention the V6s are pretty potent compared to the anemic rental v6 Stangs of the past.
Absolutely. The most powerful and beautiful car I have ever owned. Been waiting since 1964 to get my hands on one. Almost had a shot in 2005, but the timing was all off. This time the planets lined up, the angels sang, the timing was right, and it was meant to be
Old 04-11-2014, 04:40 PM   #185
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I can have 40's-50's-60's-70's with the turn of a knob. ....Going down the highway listening to my Magnaflows and the oldies in my Mustang is just plain "PERFECT"
Ronnie
I agree Ronnie, i did my Borla ATAKs today and the freeway run with the old music was great.

A new country song by Kenny Chesney is called Young and talks about our times of old.

we were growin our hair,
we were cuttin' class,
knew it all already there was nothing to learn,
we were strikin' matches just to watch 'em burn. ......

We were wanna be rebels who didn't have a clue
In our rock n roll t-shirts and our typically bad attitudes
Had no excuses for the things that we'd done
We were brave, we were crazy, we were mostly
Young....
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #186
Registered Member
Regular

v6= for the casual driver
v8= for the car enthusiast
Feint Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #187
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Ba ha ha ha ha! Try convincing 2010 and under Gt owners of your analogy about their car too.

I guess Porsche owners are not car enthusiasts and really cars for the casual driver. Being they have a V6 too! Let's not forget the Nissan GTR being they have a V6 as well. The GTR must not be for the car enthusiast as well.

Of course I guess the 370 Z that's V6 powered is not really for the car enthusiast and just the casual driver.

But let's not stop there. I guess the Acura NSX is not for car enthusiasts being that its just a V6!

Of course the Lotus Evora is just a V6 so no way its for the car enthusiast!

Forget about the Hyuandi Genesis Coupe 3.8 because that's just a V6 and no car enthusiast would want that.

Let's not forget the casual driver of the 90's Toyota Supra that has a V6. Granted its turbo but none the less is a V6 as this person wrote. So no car enthusiast there.

How could we forget the most infamous V6 causal driver car. The 1986-87 Grand National turbo V6 powered. No car enthusiast would own a grand national. Just a causal driver.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #188
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Ba ha ha ha ha! Try convincing 2010 and under Gt owners of your analogy about their car too.

I guess Porsche owners are not car enthusiasts and really cars for the casual driver. Being they have a V6 too! Let's not forget the Nissan GTR being they have a V6 as well. The GTR must not be for the car enthusiast as well.

Of course I guess the 370 Z that's V6 powered is not really for the car enthusiast and just the casual driver.

But let's not stop there. I guess the Acura NSX is not for car enthusiasts being that its just a V6!

Of course the Lotus Evora is just a V6 so no way its for the car enthusiast!

Forget about the Hyuandi Genesis Coupe 3.8 because that's just a V6 and no car enthusiast would want that.

Let's not forget the casual driver of the 90's Toyota Supra that has a V6. Granted its turbo but none the less is a V6 as this person wrote. So no car enthusiast there.

How could we forget the most infamous V6 causal driver car. The 1986-87 Grand National turbo V6 powered. No car enthusiast would own a grand national. Just a causal driver.
Since I have both, I am somewhat neutral in this argument as I love both of my Mustangs. Out of fairness however, I don't believe that any of the cars that you listed have a V8 option. That would throw a whole new light on all this. I know several people with late 90s Supras and they all have straight 6s.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #189
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Sounds about right

Feint Moton say's:
Quote:
A guy like me is just a plain old Casual Driver so I have a V6. If I was an Enthusiast I would probably still have my V6.
I don't race.
I just like to casually drive my Mustang. I do drive to cruise-ins and car shows. I should not belong to a Muscle car club but I do. I also belong to a local Mustang club and the Mustang Club of America.
Most of my friends have Street Rods and old Muscle cars. I do casually drive with them to dinner or breakfast runs.
I don't know what I would have to do different to be a true enthusiast.
Maybe get a V8 and keep doing what I'm doing would work. I'm not really sure.
Now I'm really confused !!!
What to do---Oh! What to do????????
Ronnie

Oh Well !!! I guess I'll just stick to being a casuial driver because it seems like more fun then an Enthusiast.
Well, Mabe not, I'm just soooo confused.
Ronnie
Old 04-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #190

Region: Michigan
Hi, i,m new to the forum, just ordered a ,14 coupe V6, blue with saddle int, v6 performance pkg, glass roof, 6 sp automatic and some other additional items, i chose the V6 because all the other sport cars i have owned were either 4 or 6 cylinders
and at 305 hp this car will move!
Daveh6642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #191
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Since I have both, I am somewhat neutral in this argument as I love both of my Mustangs. Out of fairness however, I don't believe that any of the cars that you listed have a V8 option. That would throw a whole new light on all this. I know several people with late 90s Supras and they all have straight 6s.
Your absolutely right about those models don't have V8 options , however they have v6's. That person said V6's are for casual drivers and V8's are for car enthusiasts. There are plenty of V6's that are for car enthusiasts and added to the list is the 3.7. Gone are the days the V6 models are weak and provide little performance.

That thought process of V6 is the secretary's car is long over. My 3.7 is just shy of 300 rwhp with some bolt on mods. That's more than any 2010 Gt or under model. In order for 2010 and under V6's to break the 300 rwhp mark, you needed a supercharger in that. Now, the 3.7 makes that with a few bolt on mods and run low 13's or high 12's in the 1/4 mile.

That's bull crap and the 3.7 is most definite a car enthusiasts performance car. The 5.0 provides far more performance for those car enthusiasts who desire more power than the V6 but none the less , the V6 is for car enthusiasts.

My 3.7 doesn't look like this because I'm a casual driver. I'm a big time car enthusiast of the 3.7 ( V6) and 5.0.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140411_204622.png
Views:	57
Size:	618.2 KB
ID:	153632   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140411_204711.png
Views:	53
Size:	841.2 KB
ID:	153633  

Name:	ForumRunner_20140411_204754.png
Views:	49
Size:	521.3 KB
ID:	153634   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140411_204837.png
Views:	50
Size:	570.1 KB
ID:	153635  

Name:	ForumRunner_20140411_204927.png
Views:	62
Size:	742.1 KB
ID:	153636   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140411_205007.png
Views:	58
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	153637  

Old 04-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #192
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:

+11. Lol. Some of the Porsche models do have a V8 option!.. Though I don't recall a single Porsche with a V6!.. But on the other hand Porsches Top Dog is a Highbred!.. Though it too has a V8!.. Lol. Just saying........
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #193
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveh6642 View Post
Hi, i,m new to the forum, just ordered a ,14 coupe V6, blue with saddle int, v6 performance pkg, glass roof, 6 sp automatic and some other additional items, i chose the V6 because all the other sport cars i have owned were either 4 or 6 cylinders

First welcome to the forums and grats on the stang purchase. Sounds like you have a really nice stang coming your way that I'm sure you will enjoy for years to come. As for the debate above its been going on for years through all versions of various cars basically because people are passionate about their cars. So enjoy the lovely banter because there always ends up with a photo of hot woman next to hot Stangs..

/drool on..

Bat
Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 PM   #194
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Feint Moton say's:

A guy like me is just a plain old Casual Driver so I have a V6. If I was an Enthusiast I would probably still have my V6.
I don't race.
I just like to casually drive my Mustang. I do drive to cruise-ins and car shows. I should not belong to a Muscle car club but I do. I also belong to a local Mustang club and the Mustang Club of America.
Most of my friends have Street Rods and old Muscle cars. I do casually drive with them to dinner or breakfast runs.
I don't know what I would have to do different to be a true enthusiast.
Maybe get a V8 and keep doing what I'm doing would work. I'm not really sure.
Now I'm really confused !!!
What to do---Oh! What to do????????
Ronnie

Oh Well !!! I guess I'll just stick to being a casuial driver because it seems like more fun then an Enthusiast.
Ronnie
You actually bring up a good point. What is a true car enthusiast? What does having a V8 have to do with being an enthusiast over a V6 model? Now , I'm confused.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #195
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

+11. Lol. Some of the Porsche models do have a V8 option!.. Though I don't recall a single Porsche with a V6!.. But on the other hand Porsches Top Dog is a Highbred!.. Though it too has a V8!.. Lol. Just saying........
Porsche 911 is a V6 bro. Numerous Porsche models are V6's.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #196
Registered Member
Regular

Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post

I think he meant six cylinders in general as a lot of people generalize the cylinder count with the v in front not knowing it actually means the engine layout. But for an FYI actually the Cheyenne had a v6,with a v8 option.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #197
Registered Member
Regular

Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8?

Quote:
Porsche 911 is a V6 bro. Numerous Porsche models are V6's.

See above.. Kona actually most Porsches all except the Cheyenne that is, are flat sixes different engine layout. The V refers to the cylinders being in a V shape from the crank.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #198
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

See above.. Koni actually most Porsches all except the Cheyenne that is, are flat sixes different engine layout. The V refers to the cylinders being in a V shape from the crank.
Flat six, sideways six, upside down six. They are six cylinder performance cars! V or not. Its a 6!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #199
Registered Member
Regular

Here is the definition of car enthusiast and no where does it mention about 6 or 8 cylinders or any cylinders.

Name:	ForumRunner_20140411_210812.png
Views:	73
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	153641
Old 04-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #200
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
A car enthusiast is not defined by what they drive, but rather frame of mind.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #201
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Flat six, sideways six, upside down six. They are six cylinder performance cars! V or not. Its a 6!

If you look at the post above the one you qouted, I was actually on your side and stated you were generalizing the cylinder count as most people do, but you seem to want an argument; so enjoy and I will bow out of this one.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #202
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you look at the post above the one you qouted, I was actually on your side and stated you were generalizing the cylinder count as most people do, but you seem to want an argument; so enjoy and I will bow out of this one.
Ha ha ha! No argument bro. It was just funny about the V6 comment from the other person. Just examples of sports cars with V6's and numerous car enthusiasts love them. Lol!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #203
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
A car enthusiast is not defined by what they drive, but rather frame of mind.
Exactly bro, Now, to me this would be a fair statement

V6 mustang = performance car for car enthusiast

V8 mustang = higher performance over V6 model for car enthusiast.

V8 mustang = car enthusiast for higher performance and power.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #204
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
.....I guess I'll just stick to being a casuial driver because it seems like more fun then an Enthusiast.
Ronnie
Ha Ha Ronnie ! I guess I'm still a casual driver too as I keep doing what you do also! Oh, and let me guess we both use our cars as Daily Drivers, at least when the weather here up north is not nasty like Ms Jackson. Enthusiasts only drive their cars the 3rd Sunday, or a week that is odd, a weekend day divisible by 2, or any weekend day in a month that has less than 31 days, and only if their wife is out antique shopping?

Fizbin if anyone gets that word
Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #205
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Exactly bro, Now, to me this would be a fair statement

V6 mustang = performance car for car enthusiast

V8 mustang = higher performance over V6 model for car enthusiast.

V8 mustang = car enthusiast for higher performance and power.

There are plenty of car enthusiasts wandering around car shows and the like who own normal grocery-getters. If they weren't enthusiasts, they wouldn't be there. We are just the lucky ones to be driving the cars they wish they could.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #206
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveh6642 View Post

Yep, and that is the same reason I bought my 2013 V6. It had more power to weight than the 70s big block cars I had at the time. Lots you can do and enjoy, my 2013 V6 was the journey with it and my mods were the destination of adventure. You can do all the things Ronnie mentions and more. I took mine on Track Days (road courses twisty curves almost 1g in my v6) and have a Pic of mine in front of a Boss in my Garage pics here.

(yes but soon he learned how to drive the track and I had to point him by me when he was up on my rear [telling someone go ahead and pass in a non-competition track event by sticking your hand up on the roof and point your finger right for him to pass on your right])
Old 04-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #207
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There are plenty of car enthusiasts wandering around car shows and the like who own normal grocery-getters. If they weren't enthusiasts, they wouldn't be there. We are just the lucky ones to be driving the cars they wish they could.
Yes spot on, that was me from the time my new wife took out the sidepipes on my GTX Clone (burger drive thru) and later the engine sized up. From that day on raising a family it was commuters or getters, and later I was able to justify pickups. Wife at the time and I still visited car shows, as we still loved Kewl cars, just didn't have one.

One of the commuters I got cheap was a pretty quick Pontiac Pursuit (G5). It only took a few years of driving that past the Ford dealer and I said, Fark-it. I can daily drive a Mustang (using the truck on bad weather), and really enjoy it! And that started my journey. Enjoy your V6, its really great they gave us this quick P/W in good looking affordable cars

Wait, isn't that what the Mustang was invented for?
Old 04-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #208
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ha ha ha. So true bro. There drooling over our rides.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #209
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

PERFECT

ArtU Said:
Quote:
Wait, isn't that what the Mustang was invented for?
Just plain perfect
Ronnie
Old 04-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #210
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ha ha ha. So true bro. There drooling over our rides.
Being one of those "pleebs" I can tell you that is not the idea. Folks that love cars are doing one of a few things at a car show. This is not an inclusive list, but a starter... and yes they like your ride you got Kona, its the bomb...

1) These are great cars and I love looking at them and the DJ music and girls like the guys there and the guys like the girls there. I wont ever need a car like this, but I like being around them. Hey lets get that kewl lunch special together...

2) Man I am still planning my new ride, these cars look great; I had one like that in 78 and had Karen at the Drive In back then. If I work hard, keep my nose down to the grind stone, (or get good grades) I can have one like that as well...

3) I am a jerk and just come here to try to hit on the girls and never get anywhere.

Edit: I forgot, issue #1 and issue #2 work together and sometimes (mostly) it intermixes. Adult folks finding their new partner at a show have great positive experiences

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang