Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8? - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

If you get a procharger you will eat up 5.0s all day long.

Here we go again...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2014, 10:40 PM   #282
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
A stock 3.7 with a PROCHARGER SUPERCHARGER with absolutely no other mods makes 475+ HP , not bad at all.
No it won't!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:41 PM   #283
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you get a procharger you will eat up 5.0s all day long. check out the link http://www.lethalperformance.com/sho...ooled-kit.html
& no it won't again! (Plus he doesn't have a 3.7)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Has anyone regretted getting a V6 instead of V8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Save your breath, don't argue with this useless troll and his unreasonable constant bashing of the 5.0...

The idiot doesn't know when to shut his mouth even when he has clearly lost the argument... I wonder if he's related to Biden...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #285
Road Trip!

I have a stock block so I'm not getting any more than 400rwhp :-/

I'm planning on a teksid forge build and I have enough money to do it all at once, but I love in apartment and I'm saving up to buy a house with my brother :-/

Maybe in a year or two I can lol
wicked2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:11 AM   #286
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm the opposite of a lot of you guys. I specifically did not want what the premium cars offered and is why I bought a base model GT. It's not my daily driver so I didn't care about the mpg and my insurance is only $63 a month which I don't consider expensive at all.

I'm sure I would have been fine with the 305 hp 3.7L as my fiancée has a 300 hp 2007 Mustang GT and it has plenty of power for me but I like power over gadgets and leather interiors and is the reason why I bought my car over a premium 3.7L car. I also wanted that V8 sound and no matter how much anyone tries, I have never heard a V6 that sounds as good as a V8.

I'm just glad that we all have options and can buy what suits us the best.

Wayne
Old 04-19-2014, 12:13 AM   #287
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
I'm the opposite of a lot of you guys. I specifically did not want what the premium cars offered and is why I bought a base model GT. It's not my daily driver so I didn't care about the mpg and my insurance is only $63 a month which I don't consider expensive at all.

I'm sure I would have been fine with the 305 hp 3.7L as my fiancée has a 300 hp 2007 Mustang GT and it has plenty of power for me but I like power over gadgets and leather interiors and is the reason why I bought my car over a premium 3.7L car. I also wanted that V8 sound and no matter how much anyone tries, I have never heard a V6 that sounds as good as a V8.

I'm just glad that we all have options and can buy what suits us the best.

Wayne
Amen to that bro. You speak the truth.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #288
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Sure it will a 5.0 makes 420 HP NOT 475 HP like a boosted 3.7
and I was talking to Kona first and he has a 3.7.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:39 AM   #289
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Sure it will a 5.0 makes 420 HP NOT 475 HP like a boosted 3.7
and I was talking to Kona first and he has a 3.7.
Nobody listen to this trol

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Nobody listen to this trol

If your going to call me a TROLL at least spell it correctly. And I am merely
stating the facts no trolling needed. I just sold my E-force and bought a Vortech
centrifugal SUPERCHARGER V3 after much consideration due to the fact centrifugal make power right up to the red line . Estimated power without a intercooler is 500 HP ( on a stock motor ) similar to the 3.7 PROCHARGER ( intercooled ) with intercooler 570 HP which I will purchase later. The VORTECH V3 4.6 combo is capable of up to 700 HP with forged internals. My point is people who own a V6 can have V8 power no problem. And people with a 4.6 V8 can have BIG POWER .

Old 04-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #291
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

stating the facts no trolling needed. I just sold my E-force and bought a Vortech
centrifugal SUPERCHARGER V3 after much consideration due to the fact centrifugal make power right up to the red line . Estimated power without a intercooler is 500 HP ( on a stock motor ) similar to the 3.7 PROCHARGER ( intercooled ) with intercooler 570 HP which I will purchase later. The VORTECH V3 4.6 combo is capable of up to 700 HP with forged internals. My point is people who own a V6 can have V8 power no problem. And people with a 4.6 V8 can have BIG POWER .

Seriously dude? You have been called out more times then I know of. You do not have a clue on what you are talking about. You are a joke

Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #292
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Long live big power baby!
Old 04-19-2014, 09:58 AM   #293
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Long live big power baby!

To his original statement. I'd hope an FI 3.7 could beat a STOCK 5.0, otherwise, that's sad. But all the 5.0 would need to gain the edge again would probably be some suspension work, full exhaust, and a tune.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #294
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

To his original statement. I'd hope an FI 3.7 could beat a STOCK 5.0, otherwise, that's sad. But all the 5.0 would need to gain the edge again would probably be some suspension work, full exhaust, and a tune.
A FI 3.7 would definitely be faster than a stock 5.0 because the rwhp would be around 400 to 407 rwhp with no other supporting mods. If I'm not mistaken I think a stock 5.0 makes around 360 rwhp. I agree with you that a tune and full exhaust setup on a 5.0 would put it back on top. Now I'm taking your term of full exhaust is what my term of full exhaust is. Aftermarket headers, off road or high flowing catted mid pipe and aftermarket axle backs or a cat back system.

With my current mods to my 3.7 if I installed a supercharger I would be looking at 440-450 rwhp especially with a tune from Lund, MPT or dyno tune. That's more than plenty for me to drive to Wally World and back. Plus go out to meet my local mustang club members at Hooters for dinner or car cruise. Ha ha ha
Old 04-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #295
Registered Member
Regular

Nice, and yeah, that is what my definition of full exhaust is. I'm slowly gonna try and get there, I have Axlebacks I don't want to get rid of, so next for me, Borla OTA pipes, then either a high flow catted X pipe, or an after cat X pipe, and finally, headers.

Would headers be under the powertrain warranty?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #296
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A FI 3.7 would definitely be faster than a stock 5.0 because the rwhp would be around 400 to 407 rwhp with no other supporting mods. If I'm not mistaken I think a stock 5.0 makes around 360 rwhp. I agree with you that a tune and full exhaust setup on a 5.0 would put it back on top. Now I'm taking your term of full exhaust is what my term of full exhaust is. Aftermarket headers, off road or high flowing catted mid pipe and aftermarket axle backs or a cat back system.

With my current mods to my 3.7 if I installed a supercharger I would be looking at 440-450 rwhp especially with a tune from Lund, MPT or dyno tune. That's more than plenty for me to drive to Wally World and back. Plus go out to meet my local mustang club members at Hooters for dinner or car cruise. Ha ha ha

450 RWHP is very impressive out of a 3.7 no doubt. Your making more HP
than a Z06 (505) crank HP at a fraction of the cost and out of a V6.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

450 RWHP is very impressive out of a 3.7 no doubt. Your making more HP
than a Z06 (505) crank HP at a fraction of the cost and out of a V6.
Of course the V8 rumble is awesome baby and its a power house !
Old 04-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #298
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If your going to call me a TROLL at least spell it correctly. And I am merely stating the facts no trolling needed. I just sold my E-force and bought a Vortech centrifugal SUPERCHARGER V3 after much consideration due to the fact centrifugal make power right up to the red line . Estimated power without a intercooler is 500 HP ( on a stock motor ) similar to the 3.7 PROCHARGER ( intercooled ) with intercooler 570 HP which I will purchase later. The VORTECH V3 4.6 combo is capable of up to 700 HP with forged internals. My point is people who own a V6 can have V8 power no problem. And people with a 4.6 V8 can have BIG POWER .
Weren't u told not to buy that weak *** e-force in the 1st place but u didn't listen! Lmao. Stop quoting the brochure buddy & do some real world research!
:GladiaTroll:
Old 04-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #299
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Weren't u told not to buy that weak *** e-force in the 1st place but u didn't listen! Lmao. Stop quoting the brochure buddy & do some real world research!
:GladiaTroll:

Told by who you lol... btw I do my own research thank you very much , the thing with centrifugal SUPERCHARGERS is the power comes on smooth and steady
with that being said they are much more forgiving to the powertrain and thus
higher boost levels are much safer even for a stock engine. Roots type make
lots of power down low but who wants to sit there and spin the tires but as rpm increases they peter out simple as that. There are lots of people who run roots type blowers but to each his own they are cool but another factor is weight there heavy *** beasts vs centrifugal .

ps I'm not quoting brochures rather REAL people who run V3's .

quote :
I run a Vortech V3 HO kit @ 10psi. The car was tuned by Brenspeed making 480hp at the wheels , Runs perfect, no issues with the stock clutch either.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #300
Registered Member
Regular

Why isn't the guy banned yet? Seriously? Mods get to it

Old 04-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #301
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Agreed
Old 04-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #302
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have been a member of Mustang Evolution since 2008 , if anyone
should be BANNED it's you for recommending me to be banned . I voice my opinions so what don't like them don't read them simple as that.
And btw it's called freedom of speech , ever hear of it.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have been a member of Mustang Evolution since 2008 , if anyone

should be BANNED it's you for recommending me to be banned . I voice my opinions so what don't like them don't read them simple as that.

And btw it's called freedom of speech , ever hear of it.

Hmm, member since 08, with only 493 posts... Probably because you troll so much that the mods have to keep deleting posts. When I joined, you weren't on here at all, then you apparently re surfaced to troll when the 4.6 v 5.0 thread came up.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #304
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Hmm, member since 08, with only 493 posts... Probably because you troll so much that the mods have to keep deleting posts. When I joined, you weren't on here at all, then you apparently re surfaced to troll when the 4.6 v 5.0 thread came up.
I wasn't trolling on the 4.6 vs 5.0 I was voicing my opinions BIG difference.
You say it's trolling I don't agree yes I prefer my 4.6 over the 5.0 so what
I also prefer the body style of my Mustang vs 2011 up , so what .....
live with it. And I don't like the new 2015 mustang / fusion look
too much Euro style going on there for my taste. I like the back of it
that's about it.

Btw nobody deleted my posts EVER and I have 493 posts yeah
so .... some people have 10 posts and have been members longer what's
your point. You people think the 5.0 is the end all be all NEWSFLASH
the 5.8 is the KING of mustang motors. So we all have different motors
that doesn't mean one motor is necessarily the best , some people prefer
the V6's to each his own. And each motor can be made to perform well.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #305
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Very well put from Gladiatoro

Quote:
So we all have different motors
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #306
Registered Member
Regular

While some may not agree with posts, what and why would the moderators ban glasboro for? Just wondering ? What would the reason be for banning him?
Old 04-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
While some may not agree with posts, what and why would the moderators ban glasboro for? Just wondering ? What would the reason be for banning him?
Not literally banned. More along the lines of he honestly does not know what he is talking about, I swear he gets his info from Google. He is all over the place.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #308
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wasn't trolling on the 4.6 vs 5.0 I was voicing my opinions BIG difference.
You say it's trolling I don't agree yes I prefer my 4.6 over the 5.0 so what
I also prefer the body style of my Mustang vs 2011 up , so what .....
live with it. And I don't like the new 2015 mustang / fusion look
too much Euro style going on there for my taste. I like the back of it
that's about it.

Btw nobody deleted my posts EVER and I have 493 posts yeah
so .... some people have 10 posts and have been members longer what's
your point. You people think the 5.0 is the end all be all NEWSFLASH
the 5.8 is the KING of mustang motors. So we all have different motors

While I prefer the HP/tq numbers of the 5.0 better than the 4.6 obviously, IMO the 4.6 is one of the best sounding V8s ford has ever built! Just my 2¢.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:31 PM   #309
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
While I prefer the HP/tq numbers of the 5.0 better than the 4.6 obviously, IMO the 4.6 is one of the best sounding V8s ford has ever built! Just my 2¢.

No question the 4.6 sounds awesome.

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #310
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Ronnie
Old 04-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #311
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not literally banned. More along the lines of he honestly does not know what he is talking about, I swear he gets his info from Google. He is all over the place.

What's wrong with google lol...

Old 04-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #312
Registered Member
Regular

Nothing! Are u gonna run 20lbs of boost on the stock motor? I looked it up & that's what Google said was safe! :GladiaTrollDance:
Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #313
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Lol ohhhh have times changed. I had a 4.6 when they came out and the 5.0 crew hated it since obviously didn't have the aftermarket love the 5.0 did and now the same basic argument has shifted to V6 vs V8 (amazing back to 5.0 lol)

I loved my 4.6 but am really enjoying my 3.7 vert....
Batdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

To be honest I was always looking for a late 80s early 90s gt around 95-98 and I was one of those people who didn't like the 4.6 also, but the sound at wot was and still is awesome IMO.

FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #315
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nothing! Are u gonna run 20lbs of boost on the stock motor? I looked it up & that's what Google said was safe! :GladiaTrollDance:

Goggle can only be used properly if your IQ is a minimum of 100+ so
with that being said , I recommend you don't use google lol... BUT I double checked it JUST FOR YOU and google says no more than 10 psi on a stock 4.6 3v motor.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang