Side doors rattling? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Any one else have this problem in a 10-12 coupe? I've got the shaker 500 plus two ten inch subs in the back and it seems like there is some type of adhesive with paper coming up through the crack in the door pocket that is rattling. Also could it be because my subs are not properly sealed in a sealed box?
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I don't know if we have the same problem, but when I've cruising at 50+ if I turn the radio off it sounds like sheet metal or something is flapping from the wind. Again, for me, only at higher speeds and it comes from only on the passenger side form either directly in front or from the corner panel area.

I have a 2011 coupe with the shaker system.
007Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
When playing music semi loud to loud in my 2013 with the shaker 500 there's rattling. If I take off the covers on the side subs most of all the rattling and shaking of the doors stops. Idk if this helps but yea
colemaneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Have you guys considered installing dynamat in the doors? I'm ordering some off amazon soon (cheapest prices) and will be putting it in my doors. When the bass is turned up there is slight rattling from things just being vibrated.

Sounds like my other issue is separate from you guys are having, and for me that's the more annoying of the two.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Stang View Post
Have you guys considered installing dynamat in the doors? I'm ordering some off amazon soon (cheapest prices) and will be putting it in my doors. When the bass is turned up there is slight rattling from things just being vibrated.

Sounds like my other issue is separate from you guys are having, and for me that's the more annoying of the two.
I've thought about it but it seems like such a paints take everything apart
Old 04-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
My obnoxiously loud exhaust :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
I've thought about it but it seems like such a paints take everything apart
It really does. I've never done something like this before, but my buddy had dynamat in his car when he had a system put in and even with the system off the amount of noise reduction in the car when on the highway was amazing.

It's intent was to stop things from vibrating from his sub obviously but the entire riding experience was improved.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Stang View Post

It really does. I've never done something like this before, but my buddy had dynamat in his car when he had a system put in and even with the system off the amount of noise reduction in the car when on the highway was amazing.

It's intent was to stop things from vibrating from his sub obviously but the entire riding experience was improved.
How much was it to get installed?
Old 04-10-2014, 12:54 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I have no idea, it was 5+ years ago now. I believe the previous owner of his car was the one who had it installed, but took the system out when he sold the car to my buddy.

The material isn't all that expensive, the biggest cost would be labor. Doors, for a place that knows what they're doing, shouldn't take that long.

His while car was all fitted though, all doors, ceiling, and the trunk.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Dynamat is amazing stuff. Should be an easy weekend project. It's not too bad to take everything off just a hassle.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #11

Region: Virginia
I had this prb in both my 2011 and 2014 v6 stang. IBoth times in my passenger door. I ended up getting a piece of foam that i could put behind my door panel and that stopped all the rattling.
Mustang_Riker is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang