Brake Booster Vacuum Hose - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Brake Booster Vacuum Hose

Can anyone tell me the point to this vacuum hose. I can not find any information stating it's purpose. I believe in everything having a legit reason for it to be on our automatic. If there's no significant reason to have them as far as harming my engine wise, I would much rather install a GT sound tube. Can someone get back to me on this ASAP. Don't want to buy something I can not use.

By the way I have a Steeda CAI. It's not just a easy drill a whole in a plastic tube and be done with it type a deal
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
The passenger side PVC line has no vacuum so go ahead and do it. I did it with my airaid intake and it sounds awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Can you post a pic to this thread so I can get an idea of what you are talking about
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Found your thread. Good deal!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Are you talking about the BRAKE BOOSTER Vacuum hose, or a sound tube, or the automatic line that runs from the CAI nipple to the automatic transmission???

The brake booster vacuum hose is used to provide a softer brake pedal effort to apply the brakes. Without it, your brake pedal effort will be hard to apply brakes.

Leave this vacuum line intact. The line that runs from the CAI (or stock tube) to the transmission is also required if you have an automatic transmission. Leave it!

If you install a CAI, then the sound tube mod is moot; you won't hear anything from this tube with the CAI installed. It will provide the "roar" when you stomp on the drive by wire pedal (used to be refered to as a gas pedal). The sound tube made up for the large square "muffler" that's installed on the stock tube that runs from the air filter box to the throttle body.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I think he is talking about the stock air intake tube that goes between the air box and the throttle body. The manuals have one hose, the autos have two.
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I think he is talking about the stock air intake tube that goes between the air box and the throttle body. The manuals have one hose, the autos have two.
Lets hope...he refered to it as the "brake booster" hose...the second one that the outos have is also required for the automatic transmission.

If he has to have the sound tube with his stock air cleaner setup or CAI, I'd recommend drilling a third hole and inserting a nipple for the sound tube install. It requires a larger nipple than the one used by the automatic transmission tube, so it would be better this way all around.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yes. Got it mixed up. I was referring to the PCV hose. Where it connects to the throttle body, I can install a small filter to the throttle body connection to do the job.

I already bought the sound tube from someone. If I don't like it I can always sale it. Thanks for the advice and input
Old 04-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #9
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriqq View Post
Yes. Got it mixed up. I was referring to the PCV hose. Where it connects to the throttle body, I can install a small filter to the throttle body connection to do the job.

I already bought the sound tube from someone. If I don't like it I can always sale it. Thanks for the advice and input
Over in the GT section, there's a thread started obout the tube that runs from the PCV system.

In short, the drivers side is the crankcase "draw fresh air in" side. Theres a tube that connects from the freash air tube (filter to throttle body) that allows air to enter the crankcase. On the passenger side, the crankcase is vented (fumes and oil mist) is connected from the passenger side engine head cover (simular to what used to be a valve cover), and is routed to the intake for this garbage to be re-burned.

Folks either install a breather on the passenger side engine head cover and cap off the nipple at the intake, or they install a catch can.

On the drivers side, you can leave the hose intact , or remove it, and cap off the nipple at the tube and install a breather. The engine crankcase needs to draw air in at this side.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Correct Sir!!! Picking up the breather filter in an hour to plug in Instead of plugging the port on my intake, I'll connect my sound tube to that port. I'll keep my PVC hose though. As I stated above since it's all plug and play I can always take it out if I don't care for it.

When you got the mod bug and a baby on the way, cheap quick mods is a perfect way to get a quick fix.....lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang