Belt sound? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Belt sound?

Anyone else getting a weird sound that sounds like the belt in the engine at first startup? After driving around for a while it goes away I have a 2011 3.7
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Nope

No unusual engine sound here.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasP View Post
Anyone else getting a weird sound that sounds like the belt in the engine at first startup? After driving around for a while it goes away I have a 2011 3.7
Yes I get that every once in a while. Goes away in about 30 secs.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace,Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yeah I get it on cool - cold mornings but after it warms up its gone.

Probably around 50 degrees is only when I really hear it when it's 70 degrees and up I don't even hear it.
Frozen Yettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I had an issue like this. Went to the dealership and after a long fricking story, they changed the belt out and the squeal never came back. Seems like the 3.7 is a little famous for it.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah and in my case its not a full blown squeal more like a very faint, far away squeak. The dealer put something on the belt and it was fine, but on the cooler mornings I'll get it every once in awhile. Its also magnified because she's in the garage.

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace,Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
yeah mine does it aswell when its below 60 degrees. just needs to warm up a little. nothing to worry about. if you need to pick up a hot date onna cold morning and it wont have time to warm up, just take a bar of soap and run on both sides of it while the engines running. youll lose have a bar of soap but the obnoxious squeeking will be gone long enough to do your thing. or you could use the actual spray stuff for it but who the heck does that anyways. lol.
TorchRed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:25 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Sorry

Living in Florida and having a nice warm Garage is probably why mine don't squeak.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Living in Florida and having a nice warm Garage is probably why mine don't squeak.
Ronnie
+1, Lucky! And you can drive it all year round, always a +.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:08 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post

Ronnie

Yeah,yeah, Rub in.

I believe there is a TSB out there for it.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Yeah,yeah, Rub in.

I believe there is a TSB out there for it.
Yup, found it.

Should I take it to the dealer? Its not much of a problem but rather an annoyance and by the time I/we drive down to the dealership the engine will probably already be warm enough and it won't squeal anymore.

http://cdn.lrsstatic.com/downloads/t...sb12-07-11.pdf
Old 04-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Yettie View Post
Yup, found it.

Should I take it to the dealer? Its not much of a problem but rather an annoyance and by the time I/we drive down to the dealership the engine will probably already be warm enough and it won't squeal anymore.

You can always leave the car, and request that the service manager or mechanic starts it when its cold so they can experience first hand what its doing. Since there is a TSB though, I doubt they will require it. They'll just issue the TSB if it applys.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Yettie View Post
Yup, found it.

Do you know if the TSB will be accepted for my 2014 that does that same exact thing? My dealership wouldn't do anything for me without being able to replicate the issue.
Eibach Pro Kit, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Axle Backs, 18" Milanni ZS-1s, 245/45R18 Falken ZE-950 Tires, Smoked Front Marker Lenses, Limo Tint, Pioneer Double Din, Alpine & Kenwood Speakers, 12" Kicker CVRs, Alpine Amps, AM Paint Matched Side View Mirror Caps, LED bulb conversions everywhere , more to come... need to sell OE wheels/tires and suspension first.
SLCKV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I was wondering the same thing cause if you read the TSB it says only for specific stangs manufactured at specific dates

Vehicle build date is not on or between
01/06/2012 - 05/25/2012

So I am in the same boat as you cause mine is a 14 as well.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe they thought the issue has been resolved in the newer year models, but with more and more people on here stating that they have the same issues in 2014 models, it makes me believe otherwise. I will call my dealership and see if the TSB can be used for my vehicle and I'll report back with what I am told.
Eibach Pro Kit, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Axle Backs, 18" Milanni ZS-1s, 245/45R18 Falken ZE-950 Tires, Smoked Front Marker Lenses, Limo Tint, Pioneer Double Din, Alpine & Kenwood Speakers, 12" Kicker CVRs, Alpine Amps, AM Paint Matched Side View Mirror Caps, LED bulb conversions everywhere , more to come... need to sell OE wheels/tires and suspension first.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

My dealership's service department said that they HAVE to replicate the issue in person in order to justify replacing the parts, but since I have 6,500 miles, if they can replicate it, they would replace the belt and tensioner listed in the TSB under warranty. I asked if a few high resolution videos of the squeal would be good enough evidence and the service writer reiterated how it would need to be replicated in person. I am going to drop my car off after work tomorrow and let them keep it overnight while keeping my fingers crossed that when they start it Saturday morning, it squeals like hell! I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang