Springs and shocks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
Hao

Springs and shocks

I saw some body only replace the springs, but my friends told me should install shocks and struts, too, what is ur guys opinions? How is the feeling only change springs? Does it can go to racing beginning group?

来自我的 LG-D800 上的 Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I think your missing some important details, what year is your car? What springs were you looking at? What are your goals for the car? Is it your daily driver?
Old 04-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
Hao

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisBlackGT View Post
I think your missing some important details, what year is your car? What springs were you looking at? What are your goals for the car? Is it your daily driver?
2014 v6, looking some spring can do racing and daily drive

来自我的 LG-D800 上的 Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
How much do you want to drop the car..
Old 04-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
These are the springs that I have been looking at for my '14 V-6...

Eibach Pro-Kit Mustang Springs 35125.14 (11-14 GT, V6, BOSS) - Free Shipping

Steve
'14 Deep Impact Blue V-6 Coupe
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
You can do just lowering springs, but you'll be shooting yourself in the foot. Your handling will be worse and you could potentially cause $1,000's of repairs down the road without a UCA and panhard rod to correct the new spring's alignment.

See this thread for proof: eibach lowering spring problem

I'd suggest springs/shocks/struts/UCA/LCA/panhard rod all at once to do the job right.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #7
Hao

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRE TUS View Post
These are the springs that I have been looking at for my '14 V-6...

Eibach Pro-Kit Mustang Springs 35125.14 (11-14 GT, V6, BOSS) - Free Shipping
me too

来自我的 LG-D800 上的 Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
You can do just lowering springs, but you'll be shooting yourself in the foot. Your handling will be worse and you could potentially cause $1,000's of repairs down the road without a UCA and panhard rod to correct the new spring's alignment.

See this thread for proof: eibach lowering spring problem

I'd suggest springs/shocks/struts/UCA/LCA/panhard rod all at once to do the job right.
thanks a lot

来自我的 LG-D800 上的 Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
If you want to lower the car right the first time........ Panhard Bar, LCA relocation brackets (might as well do actual LCAs at the same time as well), CC plates, Shocks, Struts, adjustable UCA

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
If you want to lower the car right the first time........ Panhard Bar, LCA relocation brackets (might as well do actual LCAs at the same time as well), CC plates, Shocks, Struts, adjustable UCA
Would be nice but that's quite a bit of $$$$ at once! I started with the SR lowering springs and panhard bar and eventually work my way to doing the rest. The springs with the panhard bar feel fine and handling has much improved over stock. I'll do the alignment in a week.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

I just did the Eibach Pro kit yesterday and its a mild drop.While all the stuff that was listed is nice and in the long helpful, its not necessary all at once. Do it in stages.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I just did the Eibach Pro kit yesterday and its a mild drop.While all the stuff that was listed is nice and in the long helpful, its not necessary all at once. Do it in stages.
+1.

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Do you have any before and after pics? I am interested in this kit. I don't want a drastic drop, but I want to get rid of the 4X4 gap that I have on my daily driver...

Steve
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
Old 04-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Do you have any before and after pics? I am interested in this kit. I don't want a drastic drop, but I want to get rid of the 4X4 gap that I have on my daily driver...

Sorry Im not much for taking pictures...

I can tell you this though, Ive had several lowered cars of all heights and the Pro kit for me is perfect. I swapped out my 18" stockers for some 20's and put in the springs and I love it. Mine is a daily driver as well and trust me Ive had "slammed" cars and its not fun to drive every day. The pro kit is a nice medium for me. To be honest if youre keeping the 18's you might want to look at some thing with a little more drop. The Eibach's are a mild drop and you might not get rid of all the wheel gap with these and 18's.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Forgot to mention CC plates... Def those too.

I had an owner of a Mustang perf shop mention I should do it in stages too but why? So you can charge me more for overall installation or "So you can feel the difference of each part?"

I'd still rather do it all at once and do it myself at that.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry Im not much for taking pictures...

I can tell you this though, Ive had several lowered cars of all heights and the Pro kit for me is perfect. I swapped out my 18" stockers for some 20's and put in the springs and I love it. Mine is a daily driver as well and trust me Ive had "slammed" cars and its not fun to drive every day. The pro kit is a nice medium for me. To be honest if youre keeping the 18's you might want to look at some thing with a little more drop. The Eibach's are a mild drop and you might not get rid of all the wheel gap with these and 18's.
I've got 19's. The Perf Package comes with the 19" Matchbox wheels with Pirelli tread. I'm thinking it might be a good drop for my set up and middle aged, run down body...

Steve
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
Old 04-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Would be nice but that's quite a bit of $$$$ at once! I started with the SR lowering springs and panhard bar and eventually work my way to doing the rest. The springs with the panhard bar feel fine and handling has much improved over stock. I'll do the alignment in a week.

+1 sr springs with panhard bar handles and rides great. 5900 miles on my oem struts and shocks no issues so far.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Anything lower than 1.5 and yes LCA, shocks/struts etc should be done, but at 1.5 or less OEM stuff is just fine with adjustable panhard bar. Good to here your still going strong after 5900. There are many people that have done springs alone(1.5 or less) and are all fine. To have the ultimate ride comfort with any dropped car doing the whole suspension is ideal if you have the wallet for it, but its not necessary.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I've got 19's. The Perf Package comes with the 19" Matchbox wheels with Pirelli tread. I'm thinking it might be a good drop for my set up and middle aged, run down body...

I have a middle aged run down body as well and the springs ride nice. I havent had them on but 24 hours but the ride doesnt seem to stiff at all. It was worth it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang