! ! ! Finally got my new Mustang ! ! ! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
! ! ! Finally got my new Mustang ! ! !

I ordered my 2014 mustang about seven weeks ago and it just came in. I think the 2015 is nice but I definitely like the look of the current retro mustang much better. I wanted to order my car so I could get exactly what I wanted because I have no plans of ever selling it. I have wanted a stang ever since I could remember and I could not be happier with the car. I got a 14' race red v6 automatic with the performance packaged and the tech packaged.

I do have one question for anyone who might be able to answer. I got my car equipped with the performance package which I thought was supposed to come with Pirelli P-Zero tiers. I didn't notice until I got my car home that it has Goodyear Eagle F1 tiers. I'm not upset because the goodyears are still good tiers, just curious if anyone else got these tiers rather then the P-Zeros.

Here are a few pictures of my new car
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2396.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	154748   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2397.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	154749  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2405.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	154750   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2409.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	154751  

YouTube: TheRedStang227
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCny...D0lpUwi_ddL5Ww
Charlesph55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 05:04 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Nice ride my fine Sir. I never get tired of seeing a new Pony on the streets. As far as the wheels go, the Goodyear tires are pretty standard. The Pirelli tires from my understanding is a specialty upgrade and not attach to any package
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Red is the fastest color, I think you got the pp 3.31:1 gear right? You might sell those or trade for wider tires. Enjoy the twisty's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014, 07:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Nice car! Im still waiting for mine!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelboy2375 View Post
Nice car! Im still waiting for mine!

What did you order
Tyriqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Sharp looking car. Congrats.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:27 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

I am pretty sure the PP is supposed to come with summer tires.
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/fea...#page=Feature7

bullet number 7 specifies summer tires, but not the brand. I believe the P-zero is the standard summer tire though.

• 255/40-19 summer-only tires

If you don't have summer tires I would definitely go back to the dealer and get them. You did PAY for them after all.
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:31 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I know the Brembo package gets Perelli P-Zero Summer. Your not missing anything. I have had a 2011 GT and a 2013 GT and both had the P-Zero. Be thankful you have something else.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:31 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Grats on the ride looks great im sure you are already enjoying it and smiling from ear to ear when you need to pass someone 😃
Batdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland

Huh, I got the Pirellis and have the base with 3.31:1s. I didn't know those weren't the base tires. Learn something new everyday! Congrats on the Mustang! The obsession has begun.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe, F1's are for automatic transmissioned performance package and P-Zero's are for the manual transmission?

Nice Mustang!!!
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Maybe, F1's are for automatic transmissioned performance package and P-Zero's are for the manual transmission?

Nice Mustang!!!
my mother got a 2013 MCA v6 that has Pirellis and no PP
Cise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 AM   #13
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'm sure your gonna love the Goodyear Eagle F1 tires

The Pirilli P-Zero Nero tires are OK but no better then the Goodyear Eagles. I have the Pirilli's and do not like the way they hydroplane in very little water. Living here in Florida we get a lot of rain. I'm waiting for the Pirilli's to wear out so I can get some Michelin's.
Goodyear Eagle tires have always been a good brand so don't worry about having them on your Mustang.
Ronnie
PS: Your new Mustang looks great and congratulations on getting it.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
I have a 2014 with 18's and it came with Pirelli's. I just swapped out my 18's for 20's with Nittos and I now realized the Pirelli's sucked. They didnt seem to have much grip. The car kind of felt like I was driving on ice some times. The Nittos are WAY better.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
The Pirilli P-Zero Nero tires are OK but no better then the Goodyear Eagles. I have the Pirilli's and do not like the way they hydroplane in very little water. Living here in Florida we get a lot of rain. I'm waiting for the Pirilli's to wear out so I can get some Michelin's.
Goodyear Eagle tires have always been a good brand so don't worry about having them on your Mustang.
Ronnie
PS: Your new Mustang looks great and congratulations on getting it.
^^ Agreed. They aren't good. My new Sumitomo FZR III are worlds better than the Perelli
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #16
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post

Nice Mustang!!!
this is fact.....including the Nice Mustang!!! bit

Race Red IS the fastest color!

others, don't forget when folks mention the Pirellis you have Nero's and the summer onlys. I have both and there is a big differance.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Op Very nice stang! But I'm afraid some members are giving you false information!!! Candy Apple Red Metallic is the fastest!!! Its so fast that ford had to replace it with something slower like ruby red because 5.0 guys were complaining!!!. Lmao. Looking good, welcome!!!

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Really awesome, must feel incredible. Congrats!
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I have a 2014 with 18's and it came with Pirelli's. I just swapped out my 18's for 20's with Nittos and I now realized the Pirelli's sucked. They didnt seem to have much grip. The car kind of felt like I was driving on ice some times. The Nittos are WAY better.

Come to think of it, it could be that the P-Zeros come standard with the 18 inch wheels.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the complements on my car. I was just driving around today in the pouring rain and the Goodyear eagles really kept the car glued to the road. So there definitely no complaints from me. I was reading online that ford is going to use Goodyear eagles on the new 2015 Mustangs so maybe they are starting early by putting them on the 14's from here on out.

Goodyear Helps Provide the Traction for Ford's 2015 Mustang -- AKRON, Ohio, Jan. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --

Old 04-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Great looking car! Gotta say, looks like you picked out the best color option there (I may be a bit bias toward Race Red). Lol. You got any plans yet on mods? I've had mine for a year now and I started with about 3 definite things I wanted to do and now after joining this forum and reading everyone's posts my list grew to about 50 things(as of now)!!! Enjoy your new ride.
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

What a beauty!!! I'd lower it just a little and get 1.5" spacers
MustangUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I got the p-zeros with my 2014 V6 Premium stang.. I really enjoy the grip of these tires so I can't really complain.. Have no issues as of 8k miles on my ride.. And I agree I love the 2014 design more then the 2015..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
+1 no complaints on the Pirelli's here. They are quiet, no shake, and handle well.. 10k so far still going strong.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

As far as mods go, I'm going to start with some small stuff first. I'm still hurting from laying out a good chunk of cash for the down payment. So far I ordered a pair of the gloss black 3.7 fender emblems as well as the Ford eom rubber floor mats. I have to say the mats that come with the car are really crappy. I also want to get the rubber trunk mat and the V6 engine cover.

The first big thing I want to do is get an aluminum drive shaft. I have been looking and reading tons of reviews about the "Axle Exchange" DS on AM. I was wondering if anyone here had bought the "Drive Shaft Shop" DS? It seems like most people tend to go with the "Axle Exchange" DS.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesph55 View Post
As far as mods go, I'm going to start with some small stuff first. I'm still hurting from laying out a good chunk of cash for the down payment. So far I ordered a pair of the gloss black 3.7 fender emblems as well as the Ford eom rubber floor mats. I have to say the mats that come with the car are really crappy. I also want to get the rubber trunk mat and the V6 engine cover.

The first big thing I want to do is get an aluminum drive shaft. I have been looking and reading tons of reviews about the "Axle Exchange" DS on AM. I was wondering if anyone here had bought the "Drive Shaft Shop" DS? It seems like most people tend to go with the "Axle Exchange" DS.
I can only speak for the axle exchange. It's a nice driveshaft and good upgrade piece. Some say they felt little to no gains. I believe since it was my first mod I felt the increase and the smoothness from the swap.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:54 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Nice ride! I love the slightly understated look, somehow it makes it look meaner.
dacm99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang