p2195 p2197 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-23-2014, 03:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
p2195 p2197

So I just installed BBK LTH with the o/r x, driveshaft, steeda cai, jlt oil separator and BAMA tune. Ran fine for a good week and now I am getting a check engine light with codes:

p2197 and p2195.
- O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean (Bank 1 Sensor 1 and Bank 2 Sensor 1)

When I start it up I get a choppy idle (almost stalling). After 30 seconds or so it balances out and drives fine from then on.

Here is what I tried, I cleared the codes after each step and waited for MIL to reappear:

1- Removed 02 sensors inspected and wiped off. (only 9k miles on the car so I am skeptical as to whether they could be faulty)

2- Removed o2 extensions and thoroughly inspected, cleaned with electronics cleaner. Zip tied a little further away from the exhaust.

3- Re-torqued entire exhaust and inspected for leaks.

4- Inspected all vacuum lines for leaks.

5-Removed JLT oil separator and inspected for leaks (It had about a 1/4 cup of oil in the can, filter is still shiny clean)

6- Removed MAF sensor, inspected, cleaned with electronics spray. (Still looks brand new)

7- Took data logs on all 3 custom tunes clearing codes in between. (Results below)

8-Removed Steeda Proflow CAI and installed stock air box. Flashed to stock tune.

9- Called BAMA and told them my symptoms. They advised me it couldn't be a tune problem because it is still present with the stock tune. They are too busy to look at my data logs.

So i'm at a loss. I don't want to accept defeat and take the car to a shop. About to order new o2 sensors and extensions and hope it works. Please let me know if you have any ideas, I attached images of the data logs during rough idle.

89 Octane BAMA street tune-Datalog

Results

Measured AFR Bank 1/2

Lambse 1/2

MAF

RPM

Short Term Fuel Trim 1/2

Spark Advance 1/2
mustanguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2014, 05:52 AM   #2
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
"9- Called BAMA and told them my symptoms. They advised me it couldn't be a tune problem because it is still present with the stock tune. They are too busy to look at my data logs."

Are the codes present with the stock tune? I ask because you did not say you tried to run the car with the stock tune and got the same codes.

If that's the case, I'd have to suggest that a custom tune is in order to compensate for the free flowing exhaust that the stock and Bama tune is not adjusting for.

This is when the data logs are crucial, and a tuning company should be working with you. Might be time to work with a tuner that's going to "have the time" to examine the logs and create a custom tune for you, or at the very least, be able to tweek one of their tunes they sold you.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
If the CEL is still coming on with the Stock tune, then it's definitely not related to the tune. We can absolutely datalog with you and see about any recommendations or red flags that show up there.

Please shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll make sure you're taken care of!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Had the same codes, it's related to your Long tubes bro, it's actually a common issue for the passenger side o2 to get burnt up. It's the way bbk positioned the o2 sensors. But yea bama will never help you. They just send out same tunes saying they tweaked it. How do I know? I had Lund compare two tunes they sent me and they were the same. Go with MPT and ur gna need a new passenger side up steam sensor by NGK

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Had the same codes, it's related to your Long tubes bro, it's actually a common issue for the passenger side o2 to get burnt up. It's the way bbk positioned the o2 sensors. But yea bama will never help you. They just send out same tunes saying they tweaked it. How do I know? I had Lund compare two tunes they sent me and they were the same. Go with MPT and ur gna need a new passenger side up steam sensor by NGK

Ordering a set of upstream o2's (NTK) from American Muscle today. Also a new set of extensions. Is there a better option than BBK? MPT is looking pretty flashy with the ghost cam, will probably give them a shot if BAMA can't get it figured out.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
"9- Called BAMA and told them my symptoms. They advised me it couldn't be a tune problem because it is still present with the stock tune. They are too busy to look at my data logs."

Are the codes present with the stock tune? I ask because you did not say you tried to run the car with the stock tune and got the same codes.

If that's the case, I'd have to suggest that a custom tune is in order to compensate for the free flowing exhaust that the stock and Bama tune is not adjusting for.

This is when the data logs are crucial, and a tuning company should be working with you. Might be time to work with a tuner that's going to "have the time" to examine the logs and create a custom tune for you, or at the very least, be able to tweek one of their tunes they sold you.
Codes are present with stock tune and stock airbox installed. Emailed BAMA with logs and Dan is helping me out with the situation.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanguitarist View Post
Ordering a set of upstream o2's (NTK) from American Muscle today. Also a new set of extensions. Is there a better option than BBK? MPT is looking pretty flashy with the ghost cam, will probably give them a shot if BAMA can't get it figured out.
You only need one upstream NGK o2 sensor for the passenger side

Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang