Mid pipe - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Man that's raspy lol

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
Man that's raspy lol

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Lmfao, I've seen worse. It's saddening how raspy the 3.7 gets the less restrictive the piping is. I am really interested in the mac prochambered mid pipes. I think those have a **** ton of potential, but no YouTube videos yet!
2014 Oxford tri-pedal 3.7L- Airaid CAI, BBK 73mm TB, MGW Shifter, DSS Driveshaft, Whiteline Bracket, BBK Shorties, Lethal O/R H-pipe with HighFlow Cats Installed, Vibrant Resonators, Pypes Axlebacks. Track Pack Wheels!
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

I am interested as well!
14mustang v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402786740.288498.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	159253

I'm going this route.. I need the cats on for Emissions.. I am staying away from the x because of the rasp.. The H has an awesome deep growl.. I've heard it in person.. I want minimal rasp.. What you'd recommend?
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Attachment 159253

I'm going this route.. I need the cats on for Emissions.. I am staying away from the x because of the rasp.. The H has an awesome deep growl.. I've heard it in person.. I want minimal rasp.. What you'd recommend?
Mac prochambered! !! Do it. .. DO OOOOOOOOOO it
Ha ha
2014 Oxford tri-pedal 3.7L- Airaid CAI, BBK 73mm TB, MGW Shifter, DSS Driveshaft, Whiteline Bracket, BBK Shorties, Lethal O/R H-pipe with HighFlow Cats Installed, Vibrant Resonators, Pypes Axlebacks. Track Pack Wheels!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Attachment 159253

I have BBK Shorties, MRT H, Borla S-Types. I will tell you now the rasp is real. The rasp is fine at the drag strip but it comes in RIGHT at 2900rpm where the power band starts so it's a bit annoying on the street. The only video I have at the moment is from one of my slower 1/4 runs I'll try to get a new one with a drive by or something.

LiveWire003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
haha, i keep a record of how much it costs me for everything i do to the car. i was less than that. $457 for lethal h pipe with vibrant resonators welded and flowmaster cats welded in TOTAL.
saved myself 100+ dollars, and was able to see the progression of sound/change in performance.
But you are right in the sense that i couldve saved myself a headache in the first place!!
lol

I was this way on the pro chamber. I could pick up a mid pipe for $50 and then get the off road h. It'll save me $40 but! The $40 would give me professional welds and no hack job. Which is half of my exhaust catback at this point
Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
I have BBK Shorties, MRT H, Borla S-Types. I will tell you now the rasp is real. The rasp is fine at the drag strip but it comes in RIGHT at 2900rpm where the power band starts so it's a bit annoying on the street. The only video I have at the moment is from one of my slower 1/4 runs I'll try to get a new one with a drive by or something.

You get a lot if rasp with an H pipe that's crazy! I thought the x had more rasp and the H was a lot deeper? I have the exact same set up as you minus the h pipe... Right now my exhaust is not that loud.. The shorties toned down my exhaust a lot... So I wanna do a mid pipe to increase the volume but I don't want rasp... I have minimal close to no rasp right now.. What you recommend?
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:26 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I was this way on the pro chamber. I could pick up a mid pipe for $50 and then get the off road h. It'll save me $40 but! The $40 would give me professional welds and no hack job. Which is half of my exhaust catback at this point
Yea, I will say that the welds look like doodoo.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:57 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
You get a lot if rasp with an H pipe that's crazy! I thought the x had more rasp and the H was a lot deeper? I have the exact same set up as you minus the h pipe... Right now my exhaust is not that loud.. The shorties toned down my exhaust a lot... So I wanna do a mid pipe to increase the volume but I don't want rasp... I have minimal close to no rasp right now.. What you recommend?
I had 18" glasspacks clamped in place and the rasp was eliminated but the tone kind of morphed into a Magnaflow street sound instead of a Borla S sound if that makes sense. The clamps gave me problems so I got a new catback section.

Overall my favorite sound setup would be what you have right now, but under 3000rpm, I tell ya the BBK->MRT->Borla setup can't be beat. That start up and idle is fantastic.
LiveWire003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang