New mods maybe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Texas
New mods maybe

I have a the x3 tuner from MPT with their tunes which I hate because they haven't gotten a tune right since I got longtubes from AM. They want me to datalog which I don't have a laptop that isn't a Mac only a desktop. I see that the x4 is suppose to be able to datalog . Should I pull the plug and get the x4 from AM? Is it worth it , like does it offer anymore then the x3? Also prob will pick up corsa axleback or borla s type . As well as some electric cutouts. Wonder if I can get a discount if I buy everything at the same time. How do the BAMA tunes compare to MPT??

Mattjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Nevada
In short, Bama tunes are for the average user looking to tune. MPT tunes are going to be harder to obtain (because of data logging) but much more worth it. You have a few options here:

1) Borrow a friend's Windows laptop
2) Install Windows on your MacBook (I've had Windows on my Macs for years)
3) Buy the SCT X4 handheld tuner from either Bama or Steeda (both $400, but I like Steeda better) and you'll have the new tuner, a new aftermarket tune to try out, and the ability to switch between either MPT or whatever other tune you got

2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
Site Sponsor
Region: Pennsylvania

The new X4 SCT tuner doesn't have many more capabilities than the X3, other than datalogging and reviewing live parameters. I personally, love these two abilities though. Since I enjoy constantly monitoring the parameters in my Mustangs and being able to datalog whenever I please with little hassle.

To me, the X4 is more convenient and a fun piece of technology. I wouldn't say it's a must have though. As a lot of people like to set their custom tune up and then never touch it again. For those type of enthusiasts, the X3 does a fine job.

If you plan to continue modifying your Mustang, than the X4 may be a good choice too. Since you only have easy access to a windows desktop, you can log the tunes on the X4 and email them to your tuner through your desktop. I'd get the X4 for this reason, since I'm always modifying my cars. Datalog is a frequent event for me and my new mods!

Hope this info helps your decision some! Hit me up if there's anything else I can do for you!

Will Levantovsky |
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Texas
I get paid on the first and am selling my gopro I never used. So depending on how much my pay check is I think I'm going to have to buy it
Mattjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang