BAMA! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
BAMA!

Prob going to buy the x4 tomorrow from AM. Do y'all think BAMA can get me enough power to beat a kid at my school that has a MPT tune. Do y'all think BAMA can get my tires spinning again like I had with my first MPT tune. It was MPT 93 race. All I had was cutouts and stock tired. Nothing else.
Now I have intake , longtubes, catted x pipe and magnaflow comp axleback . With 285 rear tires.
Mattjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Dude your pride is at stake!! Lol and judging by the mods you have, get Lund/AED/VMP tune! They would be able to extract maximum power out of your engine with their tune.

|| BlackOnBlack ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Last time I spoke with Shaun, he was not doing mail order tunes for the V6.

Secondly if you haven't data logged like everyone has told you to do for the MPT tune that you have then you are just hurting yourself.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattjohnson View Post
Prob going to buy the x4 tomorrow from AM. Do y'all think BAMA can get me enough power to beat a kid at my school that has a MPT tune. Do y'all think BAMA can get my tires spinning again like I had with my first MPT tune. It was MPT 93 race. All I had was cutouts and stock tired. Nothing else.
Now I have intake , longtubes, catted x pipe and magnaflow comp axleback . With 285 rear tires.
Well considering you haven't told us what car the other kid at your school has and their power mods, how can anybody here give an educated answer to your question.

I run both MPT and Bama tunes in my 3.7 and I'm familiar with power they make and how they both feel. Both MPT and Bama are awesome. Granted , you have some here that are not fans of bama which is nothing new and you can't please 100% of people. Bama gives great powerful, safe tunes.

Considering you think MPT tunes are horrible that's almost hilarious and not even close to being true. Perhaps MPT needed to tweak your tune but to say their horrible, oh please. Did you even data log with MPT?

People have to remember, companies like AM are not interested in producing the most powerful tune. They want to provide customers a powerful, SAFE, RELIABLE tune that takes one's pony to the next level of performance. The key words are safe and reliable. Not pushing ones engine to the edge for potential failure. Bama provides comparable power gains as many other email tuning companies do, provide great firm shift points and far better throttle response than stock.

Bama tunes are great and never any issues with mine.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Same as me lol
Old 04-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
I don't think the OP said anything about MPT tunes being horrible. I think that was on another thread.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
I don't think the OP said anything about MPT tunes being horrible. I think that was on another thread.
True he posted that on another thread just yesterday
Old 04-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Same as me lol
You guys have the same exact mods. Wow. That's cool! While I love my bama tune, I don't think you can beat the kid having a MPT tune. It will be close but think the other kid will take the win because of the MPT tune.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. Idk I feel bamas customer service is way better. I haven't been satisfied with mpts service . That's just me though.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Any one have any Lund reviews? I am talking about BAMA esp because I want the x4 because it makes cataloging an easier process and I only have a Mac.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Any one have any Lund reviews? I am talking about BAMA esp because I want the x4 because it makes cataloging an easier process and I only have a Mac.
Have you considered Steeda?
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
Old 04-30-2014, 04:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok. Idk I feel bamas customer service is way better. I haven't been satisfied with mpts service . That's just me though.
AM's customer service is top notch but I needed MPT to do a correction in the past and never issues with there customer service. Mike from MPT has been more than helpful.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:10 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Have you considered Steeda?
I also have Steeda as well and there great too, however no way Steeda tune is gonna beat dude running the MPT tune. If the OP wants to beat this other kid, he may want to look at other tuning companies because MPT tunes when zoned in, are hard to beat. They are powerful, safe tunes. Since the OP is not happy with MPT I would go with Bama tunes and call it a day.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #14
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I also have Steeda as well and there great too, however no way Steeda tune is gonna beat dude running the MPT tune. If the OP wants to beat this other kid, he may want to look at other tuning companies because MPT tunes when zoned in, are hard to beat. They are powerful, safe tunes. Since the OP is not happy with MPT I would go with Bama tunes and call it a day.
My question was to the OP, but thank you for your opinion.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:39 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My question was to the OP, but thank you for your opinion.
Well your more than welcome and hopefully my response about Steeda tune will give the OP a perspective on where he needs to be in order to beat the other kid.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #16
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Well your more than welcome and hopefully my response about Steeda tune will give the OP a perspective on where he needs to be in order to beat the other kid.
Jeez, I only hope they're doing this at track and not on the friggin' street
Old 04-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Jeez, I only hope they're doing this at track and not on the friggin' street
I'm sure they are. Ha ha
Old 04-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I guess I'll have to datalog with MPT. I still want the x4 though because I can datalog from it . So it will be more convenient and doesn't it come with free tunes for life from AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Like I already said in your other thread, go ahead and pick up the X4 tuner with Bama/Steeda tunes. I don't think you can just buy it alone for cheaper.

Use it to datalog your MPT tune. If you still have problems, you have your Bama/Steeda tunes as backup. If you fix your MPT, at least you'll have another custom tuning company to play with and compare.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Okay that's what I was thinking ! Haha
Old 04-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Okay that's what I was thinking ! Haha
Sounds like a plan!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:25 AM   #22
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Same cars---Same Mod's

I don't think a tune is going to make as much difference as the Drivers experience.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #23
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Hey,

It sounds like a nice build you have going here, and I am confident you will be please with the way the Bama tunes works with the mods you have.

However, a lot goes into drag racing, and I think the Bama tune will keep you right there with your buddies car if not in front of your friends car. The biggest thing is going to be driver experience. Hitting the shifts at the right moment, and not spinning the tires off the line will be more important in my opinion, since the cars themselves are evenly matched.

I would have no hesitations to go with the Bama tunes, they tune more Mustangs than anyone else in the world and if you go with them, I think you will see why.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any questions feel free to get back in touch with myself or our Bama team listed below my signature. Best of luck and let us know how the race goes!.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Hey,

It sounds like a nice build you have going here, and I am confident you will be please with the way the Bama tunes works with the mods you have.

However, a lot goes into drag racing, and I think the Bama tune will keep you right there with your buddies car if not in front of your friends car. The biggest thing is going to be driver experience. Hitting the shifts at the right moment, and not spinning the tires off the line will be more important in my opinion, since the cars themselves are evenly matched.

I would have no hesitations to go with the Bama tunes, they tune more Mustangs than anyone else in the world and if you go with them, I think you will see why.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any questions feel free to get back in touch with myself or our Bama team listed below my signature. Best of luck and let us know how the race goes!.

-Dan
You speak the truth brother. Ha ha ha!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I think I'm going to! Mines an auto btw.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
not spinning the tires off the line will be more important in my opinion, since the cars themselves are evenly matched.
I'm ab to semi-threadjack.

With an auto + drag racing, how does someone go about doing this? I'm talking about a driver mod here, not things such as control arms or drag radials. I'm a novice when it comes to drag racing, if I was told to do it right now all I'd know to do is turn off traction control+advancetrac and floor it on green (followed by a ton of wheel spin until it hooks).

Anyone can chime in.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #27
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post

With an auto + drag racing, how does someone go about doing this? I'm talking about a driver mod here, not things such as control arms or drag radials. I'm a novice when it comes to drag racing, if I was told to do it right now all I'd know to do is turn off traction control+advancetrac and floor it on green (followed by a ton of wheel spin until it hooks).

Anyone can chime in.
Hey,

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question here, but I will lay out both options of what I think you are looking for.

If you want to spin the tires, you would want to turn off traction control and advancetrac. From here, I would hold on the brakes with my left foot just a little bit, and proceed to stomp on the gas.

If you don't want to spin the tires, my suggestion would be to leave traction control and advancetrac on. This will usually get you hooked, however you could also put the shifter manually in 2nd and shift through the gears manually.

I hope one of these was the answers you were looking for, if not definitely let me know.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Anyone can chime in.
With drag radials and a proper burn out you should not really experience wheel spin.

Again now we a Thread jacking but there should be some explanation on how to stage and launch an auto.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey,

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question here, but I will lay out both options of what I think you are looking for.

If you want to spin the tires, you would want to turn off traction control and advancetrac. From here, I would hold on the brakes with my left foot just a little bit, and proceed to stomp on the gas.

If you don't want to spin the tires, my suggestion would be to leave traction control and advancetrac on. This will usually get you hooked, however you could also put the shifter manually in 2nd and shift through the gears manually.

I hope one of these was the answers you were looking for, if not definitely let me know.

-Dan
Dan I don't think the OP wants to spin the tires but likes when the gears chirp the transmission from the firm shift points. My bama tune chirped 2nd gear. My MPT tune chirps 2nd and 3rd gears, however once I installed my aftermarket lower control arm, I only chirp 2nd gear with either tune which is fine by me. Lol
Old 05-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I know how to do a burnout and get the tires hot, haha.

Essentially what I'm asking here is, what's the best way to launch an auto for racing in a straight line? Floor it straight away, or give it a lot of gas but not enough for wheelspin then WOT once you're rolling? Lastly, when people drag race auto's do they disable advancetrac/tc or leave it on?
Old 05-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know how to do a burnout and get the tires hot, haha.

Essentially what I'm asking here is, what's the best way to launch an auto for racing in a straight line? Floor it straight away, or give it a lot of gas but not enough for wheelspin then WOT once you're rolling? Lastly, when people drag race auto's do they disable advancetrac/tc or leave it on?
I have an automatic as well and my launch secret is real simple. Turn off traction control. Nail the gas pedal to the floor from a dead stop. Blastoff! That's it. No launching from certain rpm's. Just nail that b otch to the floor and away we go. Ha ha ha
Old 05-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dan I don't think the OP wants to spin the tires but likes when the gears chirp the transmission from the firm shift points. My bama tune chirped 2nd gear. My MPT tune chirps 2nd and 3rd gears, however once I installed my aftermarket lower control arm, I only chirp 2nd gear with either tune which is fine by me. Lol

Exactly lol!!
Old 05-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Exactly lol!!
I knew exactly what you meant bro! Ha ha ha
Old 05-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I got rid of my cutouts and got longtubes and a magnaflow comp axleback , and even a set of SR lowering springs from American muscle and got sent a new MPT ghost cam tune and they don't chirp like they did anymore. ): gunna download the dataloging software on girlfriends laptop tonight. And maybe we can get em chirping and the power back again LOL. But in the mean time I have $400 and no clue what mod to buy. I was thinkin about electric cutouts to put before cats .
Old 05-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Definitely get you a nice set of lower control arms.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang