Steeda CAI vs Airaid CAI - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:44 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Steeda CAI vs Airaid CAI

Hello. Im new here I have a 2014 3.7 auto mustang. My current mods are BAMA 93R Tune, Airaid CAI, and 4.10 Gear. Im getting a BBK Throttle Body next week. I wonder if steeda cai will be better than Airaid since im getting a bigger throttle body, and steeda cai is bigger than most of the aftermarket CAIs. Thanks !
ttran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 02:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
There won't be much of a difference, if any at all. Airaid and Steeda are in the top 3 of the CAIs, the other is JLT on just horsepower gains stats. I know that the Steeda CAI requires a tune while the Airaid does not. If you already have the Airaid and like it, I say stick with it versus spending $350+ for maybe a 0.5 HP gain on a warm day with the wind blowing directly into you.
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I've actually made the switch from Airaid CAI to the Steeda which I run now. I only noticed a slight difference between the two. I gained maybe 2-3 hp/TQ at most. It has larger tubing and MAF housing which is why it requires a tune. The power you gain is more in the upper part of the power band, 3000 rpm & higher. I would just stick with the Airaid since that's what you have instead of making the switch. I also have a bigger TB and ported manifolds so it helps my set up more than it would yours.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I have steeda and love it, though I think your money is best being spent on a different mod. The difference between the airaid and the steeda would barely be noticeable at all.. not worth it. Get shorty headers instead.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttran View Post
Hello. Im new here I have a 2014 3.7 auto mustang. My current mods are BAMA 93R Tune, Airaid CAI, and 4.10 Gear. Im getting a BBK Throttle Body next week. I wonder if steeda cai will be better than Airaid since im getting a bigger throttle body, and steeda cai is bigger than most of the aftermarket CAIs. Thanks !
Welcome! Post up some pictures of your Mustang. We'd love to check it out.

It sounds like you already have a lot of great mods and are headed in the right direction. The Airaid Intake and Steed CAI will both make within a few horsepower of each other. Intakes all make similar power. I currently run a Carbon Fiber Airaid Intake on my 2011 GT and love it! Fit and finish is all there and it makes great power.

Hope this helps!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Maybe look into ported intake manifold or some headers.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Maybe look into ported intake manifold or some headers.

^this, especially the ported upper & lower manifolds. I can't stress enough how much a difference this makes. Very noticeable gains in the mid and upper power range and in torque which the 3.7 lacks.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
^this, especially the ported upper & lower manifolds. I can't stress enough how much a difference this makes. Very noticeable gains in the mid and upper power range and in torque which the 3.7 lacks.
Mmm sound interesting. How much power do you gain from that exactly. I just looked it up. It seem to complicate to work on lol
Old 05-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Welcome! Post up some pictures of your Mustang. We'd love to check it out.

It sounds like you already have a lot of great mods and are headed in the right direction. The Airaid Intake and Steed CAI will both make within a few horsepower of each other. Intakes all make similar power. I currently run a Carbon Fiber Airaid Intake on my 2011 GT and love it! Fit and finish is all there and it makes great power.

Hope this helps!

-Dan
Thanks My Mustang looks stock right now. Only changed the grilles. Im still focusing under the hood. Maybe more on the cosmetic parts this summer
Old 05-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mmm sound interesting. How much power do you gain from that exactly. I just looked it up. It seem to complicate to work on lol

~15hp/15tq after you get your tune dialed which will take some data logging if you use email tunes or one time visit to the dyno. I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself unless you know about porting. I got mines done by Lone wolf and besides my tune it was the most performance enhancing mod. I've linked a thread about it which you see how install and removal goes. It's not hard at all and I did it with basic tools in my garage all from the top of the engine bay. To get this done it runs about $365.

http://www.fastfordmuscle.com/index....ntake-porting/
Old 05-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #11
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Thanks My Mustang looks stock right now. Only changed the grilles. Im still focusing under the hood. Maybe more on the cosmetic parts this summer
Awesome! Keep up the great work with your build. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Keep me posted and let me know what I can do to help you! I'm only a PM away.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai