Airaid CAI - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVenomxX View Post
Question: me and my brother both have mustangs v6 and we just bought the air raid cai
One combo with tuner and other just the intake.
Can I use the tuner for both or just one per car??
When you purchase a tuner+custom tunes you give your vehicles special info (VIN, mods if any, tuner serial #) to the vender and they load that on your tuner.

To answer your question, no. You will only be able to use your tuner on your car.
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Alright thanks !!!!
I guess I'll have to pick up a tuner
XxVenomxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Question: me and my brother both have mustangs v6 and we just bought the air raid cai
One combo with tuner and other just the intake.
Can I use the tuner for both or just one per car??
Just one.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Your the only person I have ever heard say an aftermarket CAI is not safe and makes unsafe power. If the tunning company knows what there doing and are reputable they will set the correct commands based on your mods for safe levels. No way companies like Steeda, Bama, MPT, Lund, VMP are setting commands to run your CAI lean.

I have my car dyno and my commands are text book safe and not running lean. In fact, my car is more likely to be running a tad rich because many tuning companies don't want to blow your engine up. Bad for future business. So many don't command your mods to run lean especially a CAI.

Respectfully, where do people come up with this stuff. I have been on assorted mustang forums for over 3 1/2 years, countless CAI threads and debates but NEVER have I heard someone claim a CAI makes unsafe power by running your engine lean!
Again, you fail to understand what I was saying. I never said a tune plus cai was unsafe. I said a cai ONLY makes its power by pushing more air and running a leaner mixture (based on the stock parameters range). A tune with Cai, such as steeda can correct the issue (hence tune required), but ultimately the power gain is not much different then a tune only.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmann111 View Post
Again, you fail to understand what I was saying. I never said a tune plus cai was unsafe. I said a cai ONLY makes its power by pushing more air and running a leaner mixture (based on the stock parameters range). A tune with Cai, such as steeda can correct the issue (hence tune required), but ultimately the power gain is not much different then a tune only.
I believe that a CAI does not in any way provide more air than factory airbox can provide. As stated many times that the factory mustang airbox is not restricted in anyway and provides more than adequate air flow to the tb. If the OEM airbox WAS restrictive like "the olden days" then yes I could see how it would become beneficial, that's why it does not require a tune and therefore won't lean out you engine. I think that's all Kona was trying to say. A CAI doesn't "force" any air into the engine, its the engine sucking the air from the CAI. While the Airaid CAI looks nice under the hood it takes its air from the same tube that the OEM box takes it from, in fact the "cold air" would better be served through the completely sealed OEM air box that has 0 chance of using the warm air under the hood produced by the engine. While the Airaid does have its own bucket with a rubber seal its not completely air tight therefore can use some of the hot air under the hood.

Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Got ya. I definitely misunderstood you. Lol!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I can't win. Fastford I agree a cold air intake isn't worth the investment, but if you want that video I posted you can watch the F/A mixture lean vs. stock for a cai with no tune. Either way, just so where clear, i always advocate a tune over a CAI.

Now we should debate throttle body spacers. I heard they give you massive HP gains at 1k rpms!!
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol I can't win. Fastford I agree a cold air intake isn't worth the investment, but if you want that video I posted you can watch the F/A mixture lean vs. stock for a cai with no tune. Either way, just so where clear, i always advocate a tune over a CAI.

Now we should debate throttle body spacers. I heard they give you massive HP gains at 1k rpms!!
Lol, I'd go with a tune any day also! A tb spacer is next on my mod list as it provides huge amounts of low end tq! In combination with my gt500 stripes I'm now looking at low 10s lmao!!!

Old 05-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Lol, I'd go with a tune any day also! A tb spacer is next on my mod list as it provides huge amounts of low end tq! In combination with my gt500 stripes I'm now looking at low 10s lmao!!!

Ha ha ha, that's so true, just ask some other members on here ,my Boss C stripping is my go fast mod. Easily adds 30-40 rwhp!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:56 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bought the Airaid/tuner combo from AM when it was on sale, other than sound and eye candy its completely useless for any performance, i was one of those that fell into that "performance" trap from an aftermarket CAI. Its well documented that the stock OEM air box is more than adequate and not restrictive in anyway. If your looking for any performance look elsewhere, and not into a CAI.

Agreed. Ive never really understood the point of cai's. More air sure, but its mostly hot underhood air is it not?? I got the cdc grille and during install i noticed my stock airbox is pulling true cold air from behind the one corner of my grille. Bought a k&n drop-in filter and ill never look back.
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post

Agreed. Ive never really understood the point of cai's. More air sure, but its mostly hot underhood air is it not?? I got the cdc grille and during install i noticed my stock airbox is pulling true cold air from behind the one corner of my grille. Bought a k&n drop-in filter and ill never look back.
The air is far cooler than the engine temp so it's cold compared to the other air temp. Ha ha ha! CAI's are designed to suck the money out of your bank account and into the pockets of the vendors. Lol.

CAI's are awesome bro especially with a full exhaust system. More air sucked in, faster the air is expelled, the more HP and torque is produced.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The air is far cooler than the engine temp so it's cold compared to the other air temp. Ha ha ha! CAI's are designed to suck the money out of your bank account and into the pockets of the vendors. Lol.

CAI's are awesome bro especially with a full exhaust system. More air sucked in, faster the air is expelled, the more HP and torque is produced.
Lol, good 1!

Old 05-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, good 1!

Ha ha ha ha!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I see they took fastford's money hahaha

Is the sound worth the $300+ dollars?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:13 PM   #85
Staff

Regular
Staff

it is worth the $150 used part price.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh yes, love that sound baby! Lol
Old 05-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, Hook, line and sinker! And no the sound isn't worth it IMO. There's a mod that you can remove the "muffler" on the OEM airbox, that's what I suggest to anyone thinking about an aftermarket CAI. Save yourself 300$ and buy something shiny. Lol

Old 05-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol, Hook, line and sinker! And no the sound isn't worth it IMO. There's a mod that you can remove the "muffler" on the OEM airbox, that's what I suggest to anyone thinking about an aftermarket CAI. Save yourself 300$ and buy something shiny. Lol

Lol i thought so. Yea bucko explained to me how to chop off the silencer lil while back. Im not too worried about sound, just curious what the buzz about them is. After researching the stock airbox i prob wouldnt even put on an aftermarket cai if someone gave it to me lol. My setup sounds sexy enough for me til i can get headers and mid-pipe after warranty is up
Old 05-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I feel important having my Airraid CAI!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I feel important having my Airraid CAI!

Can i have it? Lol
Old 05-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Can i have it? Lol
But if I give you mine, then I'm no longer cool. Ha ha ha
Old 05-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Doesn't it give the manual transmissions a little bit more of a roar while driving even with stock exhaust
Old 05-14-2014, 05:36 AM   #93
Staff

Regular
Staff

The MT's have (or used to) a differant exhaust that is louder than the AT's. The At's have an inner pipe in the tip. I sold my MT exhaust to someone on this forum when I scored my used Bassani's. If you can find someone local you should be able to get them cheap if you want.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

How are the basanis? I know there on special right now on AM
Old 05-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Love mine! I got told that they sound like a GT...by a guy driving a GT. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #96
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:
I like them. I scored them used local so $ was a factor....I describe them as sounding European. It ain't a V8 and it doesn't sound like a v8 but it sounds good with a bit of burble. They are not what my Love calls "stupid loud" but the neighbors blind/deaf dog cocks it's head when I go by. Fit and finish are great, the only draw back is as mentioned in some reviews there is a slight bit of drone when under load at times around 2k. From reviews it is worse with an auto. It seems only to do it when climbing hills. Drone is common with the V6's for some reason....
Old 05-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so I put my airaid cai on the other day and wow.
There is a very noticeable sound that comes from the intake. Going about 3500-4000 rpms is when it really kicks in.
Not sure why you guys said it's jut eye candy when there is a huge difference..
Old 05-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Ok so I put my airaid cai on the other day and wow. There is a very noticeable sound that comes from the intake. Going about 3500-4000 rpms is when it really kicks in. Not sure why you guys said it's jut eye candy when there is a huge difference..
Sound & eye candy is basically it unless ur making big power.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #99

What's the best first upgrade CAI. Or exhaust system.
RedStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStangGT View Post
Tune.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #101

Ok I'm kind of new to this. But I love my mustang. What do you mean tune?
RedStangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:42 PM   #102
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Like from american muscle. Get a custom tune and get the most out of your car.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get a custom tune. It changed parameters in to your car that increase hp/tq. It's the best mod to start with..once u add new bolt ons the tune is rewritten to get the most out of the bolt ons! Look up what tuners tune for your car.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #104
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:
what are you looking for? both of those will make your ride sound better but not make it go faster. A tune is re-writing your engine computer which will add HP but it MAY void your wtty. I have an exhaust and CAI both bought used for sound only (along with speakers) for me any of those are great mods but I don't need HP gains at the possible cost of wtty.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Based on your question I would get an exhaust system for a first upgrade.

Sent from my little Johnson.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai