New here but not to the PONY - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
A 302 hp v6 gt
That will be the 2015 Korean two door Fusion AKA the new Mustang V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #37
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydos View Post
GT emblems are on several Korean cars, German cars, Japanese cars, Italian cars , etc, FOMOCO holds no patent on them

Except it has a specific meaning on mustangs.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cise View Post
I agree with this. My first car was a 2006 Mustang V6 Base. Loved it to death, put 100's of hours into building it up (I'll leave some pics). When I got my 2010 GT, it was like a whole new world. The sound, the power, the general authenticity of driving an American icon pony car... Couldn't compare.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0167.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	156238   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1012.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	156239  

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So the Mustang Terlingua was not a real Shelby, a Steeda is not a Mustang, a Saleen is not a Mustang
Old 05-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
So the Mustang Terlingua was not a real Shelby, a Steeda is not a Mustand, a Saleen is not a Mustang
#areyouhigh ? Lol I like you. Hope you stick around
Old 05-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
I agree with this. My first car was a 2006 Mustang V6 Base. Loved it to death, put 100's of hours into building it up (I'll leave some pics). When I got my 2010 GT, it was like a whole new world. The sound, the power, the general authenticity of driving an American icon pony car... Couldn't compare.
That iconic marvel had an inline 6 and you are 100% it is a Pony Motor Car, not an Exotic Super Car
Old 05-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #42

Just joined too. Can't figure out how to add a Profile picture or anything lol.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:01 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So the Mustang Terlingua was not a real Shelby, a Steeda is not a Mustang, a Saleen is not a Mustang
Quote:
That iconic marvel had an inline 6
Those are some good points. I guess we're getting a little off-track here. However speaking of Shelby/Steeda/Saleen, those breeds of Mustangs also come with their respective badging and I wouldn't put them on my 2010 GT.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinktripp View Post
Just joined too. Can't figure out how to add a Profile picture or anything lol.
Top left hand side of the page click "control panel" then under options click "edit avatar." You can choose which picture you would like to upload from there.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:08 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

^^^ I clearly stated that I was new to the site , but not to Ponyland , so we are not off track here
Old 05-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^^^ I clearly stated that I was new to the site , but not to Ponyland , so we are not off track here
Never doubted your Mustang knowledge man. Just your personal preference of that GT emblem, haha. You're fine.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Shelby/Steeda/Saleen, those breeds of Mustangs also come with their respective badging and I wouldn't put them on my 2010 GT.
Thanks, my point with the white emblems on my ride , my own badging
Old 05-08-2014, 12:14 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks, my point with the white emblems on my ride , my own badging
I get it. Some people do like to take that route that has their own meaning.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #49
Registered Member

Regular

New here but not to the PONY

Quote:

That is not what is being discussed, thus, entirely irrelevant to our conversation. The GT emblem on a mustang means that it has a V8. It's been that way since the 90s.Plain and simple, stop trying to muddle the waters with irrelevant tangents. That's the end of my rant.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:27 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is not what is being discussed, thus, entirely irrelevant to our conversation. The GT emblem on a mustang means that it has a V8. It's been that way since the 90s.Plain and simple, stop trying to muddle the waters with irrelevant tangents. That's the end of my rant.
Wrong, the generic GT badge/emblem was in use since the mid 60's on Mustangs
Old 05-08-2014, 05:24 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I gave up on this guy, he clearly believes the "GT" badges are fine on his 302hp V6 mustang while the rest of the world knows better. Op good luck explaining this to every single person that asks why you have GT badges on a v6 that has any knowledge about mustangs.

Btw you have a nice ride other than those deceiving badges.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:29 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Here my new DD a base 2014 V6 with a 6 speed >>> I have made some changes to eliminate the rental Stang look>> GT wheels, side mirror caps, side scoops, hood stripe, custom white emblems,shorty antenna
Good grief man. Your freaking killing us 3.7 guys. Are you kidding me? Another one with V8 emblem on there car. YOU DON'T HAVE A GT DUDE! You don't have a V8. Wtf. I don't care if you have 4,000 HP in your 3.7. Its not a GT, stop the madness.

For Pete sake man, be proud of your great looking 3.7 mustang. Have some pride in your ride and no wonder V8 enthusiasts think us 3.7 owners are tool bags. Enthusiasts like you make us 3.7 enthusiasts look bad man. Come on bro. Take that GT emblem off your ride and put the 3.7 emblem there. Good grief! Shameful man! Stop the madness!

You broke the cardinal sin that V6 and V8 enthusiasts unite and prepare for a verbal beat down. Ha ha ha! Yes, the op can do as he or she likes but when you post your ride, its free game and prepare for the possible wrath. Ha ha ha. That Gt emblem on a non GT model especially a V6 model is something you JUST NEVER DO. lol

Name:	ForumRunner_20140303_211646.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	156254
Old 05-08-2014, 07:34 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

He claims to know so much about mustangs but no self respecting mustang guy would EVER put GT badges on a v6.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:36 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
He claims to know so much about mustangs but no self respecting mustang guy would EVER put GT badges on a v6.
Your so right bro. Never ever ever do you fake mark emblem your ride. My car scrams V6 , 3.7 from my vinyl decals and I'm freaking proud of it. I love the V8's respect their power but I love my 3.7 and while many V6 enthusiasts and V8 enthusiasts get into heated debates , both sides agree this is the ultimate tool bag thing.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I quit replying last night and went to bed. He's new here, his computer only goes in one direction, out, as he doesn't seem to care what anyone is saying as most of us are trying to save him embarrassment, and I'm done with this thread.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Your so right bro. Never ever ever do you fake mark emblem your ride. My car scrams V6 , 3.7 from my vinyl decals and I'm freaking proud of it. I love the V8's respect their power but I love my 3.7 and while many V6 enthusiasts and V8 enthusiasts get into heated debates , both sides agree this is the ultimate tool bag thing.
lmao agreed bro.. It's borderline ricer status. I have people ask me if my cars a v8 all the time and I proudly tell them its a v6.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I quit replying last night and went to bed. He's new here, his computer only goes in one direction, out, as he doesn't seem to care what anyone is saying as most of us are trying to save him embarrassment, and I'm done with this thread.
Ha ha ha! The OP can try to spin his GT emblem anyway. They put the GT emblems on there so people would think its the V8 model because they have little to no pride in there ride and can't take the verbal abuse about why you get a V6 mustang. Sadly the OP is weak minded and has inferiority issues. I would laugh in dudes face and walk away if he told me it was a V6 model with those GT badges which he all know the GT emblem indicates V8 model.

The OP has a real nice looking stang and its a shame they have no pride in there pony. Shameful man! TOOL BAG MOVE!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Hey look guys, here is my new Ferrari Mustang model. I have the Ferrari emblem on it because back in like 1957 my stang had similar HP as the Ferrari so here it is guys.

Name:	ForumRunner_20140325_174701.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	156258
Old 05-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Boys and girls my DD has two emblems on it's hood that clearly indicates to car civilians what mill moves it. This car is my own version with white emblems not made by FOMOCO , be happy that it does not have the S197 5.0 grill , the dual muffler tips , rear spoiler from the Shelby , Boss type graphics, or and exhaust to give false power note.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #60
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Boys and girls my DD has two emblems on it's hood that clearly indicates to car civilians what mill moves it. This car is my own version , be happy that it does not have the S197 5.0 grill , the dual muffler tips , rear spoiler from the Shelby , Boss type graphics, or and exhaust to give false power note.
However none of the items you just mentioned denote that the car is a 5.0, shelby, or a boss.

The 5.0 EMBLEM means it's a GT.

The Cobra EMBLEM means it's a Shelby.

The Boss 302 vinyl decal that actually says BOSS 302 means it's a Boss 302.

so using grilles, spoilers, and vinyls with different lettering do not portray a false picture.

And the dual exhaust?? ALL 2011+ mustangs come with a dual exhaust, so there is no way that portrays a false power image.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
However none of the items you just mentioned denote that the car is a 5.0, shelby, or a boss.

The 5.0 EMBLEM means it's a GT.

The Cobra EMBLEM means it's a Shelby.

The Boss 302 vinyl decal that actually says BOSS 302 means it's a Boss 302.

so using grilles, spoilers, and vinyls with different lettering do not portray a false picture.

And the dual exhaust?? ALL 2011+ mustangs come with a dual exhaust, so there is no way that portrays a false power image.
Please read carefully , dual tips not dual exhaust, decals are also model designation as well as spoilers and grills. I repeat THE GT EMBLEM IS A GENERIC BRANDING be it a Korean car or one made on this part of the world
Old 05-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #62
Registered Member

Regular

It's time to stop feeding the troll.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Please read carefully , dual tips not dual exhaust, decals are also model designation as well as spoilers and grills. I repeat THE GT EMBLEM IS A GENERIC BRANDING be it a Korean car or one made on this part of the world
Man you are frustrating. You clearly are not getting it. I'm done with this thread.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's time to stop feeding the troll.
Hey , I just posted pictures of my DD on this site, then got warm welcomes and lukewarm as well. Lets not forget that cars tend to be an expression of the person behind the steering wheel, so lets respect their taste and flavors
Old 05-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So you would say that the Boss 302 grille on my V6 are deceiving but not your GT emblems? The grille doesn't say "Boss 302" anywhere on it. Your emblems DO say "GT." It's blatant. It's clear as day. And no one on earth is going to know that you mean "V6 grand tourer" except for yourself because to everyone else on earth, it refers to the V8 Mustang. Always has, always will. There has never been a question here. You do what you want bro but when you are stopped at a light and a Camaro SS comes up and revs at you...what are you gonna do? Putt along with your fake GT. It gives the Mustang a bad name. Otherwise, it's a beautiful car. I love the light blue stripe on the whites. Don't take this personally either, every new guy to come on here with a V6 GT get the same spiel.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 05-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #66
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
So you would say that the Boss 302 grille on my V6 are deceiving but not your GT emblems? The grille doesn't say "Boss 302" anywhere on it. Your emblems DO say "GT." It's blatant. It's clear as day. And no one on earth is going to know that you mean "V6 grand tourer" except for yourself because to everyone else on earth, it refers to the V8 Mustang. Always has, always will. There has never been a question here. You do what you want bro but when you are stopped at a light and a Camaro SS comes up and revs at you...what are you gonna do? Putt along with your fake GT. It gives the Mustang a bad name. Otherwise, it's a beautiful car. I love the light blue stripe on the whites. Don't take this personally either, every new guy to come on here with a V6 GT get the same spiel.

Stop feeding the troll.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

^^^^^ I stated before this is my daily driver , not a race car , I do not street race or drag it. Look at the hood picture it has two clearly visible white V6HO emblems on it.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Boys and girls my DD has two emblems on it's hood that clearly indicates to car civilians what mill moves it. This car is my own version with white emblems not made by FOMOCO , be happy that it does not have the S197 5.0 grill , the dual muffler tips , rear spoiler from the Shelby , Boss type graphics, or and exhaust to give false power note.
Good grief man. Really , again here it is bro.

Name:	ForumRunner_20140303_211646.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	156263

You can have what ever special made up edition you want in your head but its not a GT model and you don't have a V8 which is exactly what your trying to pass your pony off as. Plain and simple. You can do as you please because its your ride but respectfully don't think your gonna get any love here about your wanna be GT.

Its a 3.7, not a GT model so make peace with it. You obviously couldn't afford the Gt model which there is no shame in that at all. Majority of people live their lives based on there economic abilities and no shame in not being able to afford a Gt model.

Shameful bro, just shameful
Old 05-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hey , I just posted pictures of my DD on this site, then got warm welcomes and lukewarm as well. Lets not forget that cars tend to be an expression of the person behind the steering wheel, so lets respect their taste and flavors
So basically your saying your a fake. Your car is an expression of the person behind the wheel and since your trying to pass your car off as a fake GT, so your personality is a fake. Does that sum it up bro?
Old 05-08-2014, 09:21 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Next you'll see some dude with "SS" badges on his RS Camaro because his car has a "Stock Shifter" , but then he'll just argue that, even though SS badges on a camaro usually means that it's of the SS trim level, his version isn't deceitful and that gm doesn't own the letter S and the Nazi's used it too and it didn't mean super sport back then lol
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang