13 throw out bearing leaking at 12000 miles - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
13 throw out bearing leaking at 12000 miles

Well I was having 1 st gear issues. I decided to toss out the dual mass flywheel so I ordered a spec stage 2 clutch and a lightweight aluminum spec flywheel. After it was apart the throw out bearing was leaking. I also did a braided clutch line too. What a difference. Clutch is being broken in so I can't get on it hard yet but it feels so much better. As for the throw out bearing I got a new one but I doubt ford will warranty this one. My car has a bunch of drivetrain mods like gears, shifter, axles, driveshaft long tubes, white line trans mount etc. I doubt they would warranty it but I will say I have had an issue since when the car was stock from about 2000 miles. I would have replaced the clutch and flywheel as I am going to do a pro charger next so not too upset about the bad throw out bearing. Anyway, if u are having trans issues like I was which was 1st gear clashing when the clutch was being engaged from a dead stop then check your throw out bearing.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for sharing. At some point the clutch goes and when it does, it's a great time to upgrade. If your keeping the car, and going to "use it", get the best you can afford.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

There was a ton of play in the DMF too could move it around freely easy almost half around. The vibration the last 200 miles was crazy. I feel much safer now to tell you the truth.
pwrby4d is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang