Shorty headers - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2014, 12:25 AM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
http://youtu.be/iyhE70IS4Fs
colemaneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I was one of the first to put these on, even had to put them on twice since the first set had a bad weld on the tube to flange weld allowing it to leak. Everybody doubted the low to mid range torque and HP gains and the much smoother acceleration. Now we have a few more to back up all the claims for the rest of us
Here is the before and after with the stock manual mufflers, only other change is the FRPP cut and Clamp X-Pipe.
Before

After

And with the Borla Touring
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Siber how did you know you had a leak?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by colemaneric View Post
Siber how did you know you had a leak?
PFTT PFTT PFTT PFTT that went up and down with RPM
Oh and Exhaust on the outside of the header is a tail tail sign also.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #145
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I gotta just say this

The Borla Tourings just sound the best. I'm sure it really sounds good going down the road.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #146
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

What the heck is going on at BBK ?????

From what I have been reading on all of the forums. The BBK quality control is just plain either on vacation or does not exist anymore. At one time they were the best but you sure can't say it now.
If anybody knows what the heck is going on with them, Please let us all know.
Maybe someone at BBK can chime in here and let us know. I'm pretty sure they do read these forums. ( Or maybe not)
Ronnie
Old 06-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
From what I have been reading on all of the forums. The BBK quality control is just plain either on vacation or does not exist anymore. At one time they were the best but you sure can't say it now.
If anybody knows what the heck is going on with them, Please let us all know.
Maybe someone at BBK can chime in here and let us know. I'm pretty sure they do read these forums. ( Or maybe not)
Ronnie
I have never seen BBK reps on here in the almost 4 years I been on this forum

Sent from my little Johnson.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I quit buying bbk headers a few years ago.I was wanting to get a set of long tubes for my 96gt and I emailed them about the kink in the drivers side tube. The tech stated there was no lose of power due to the kink. All of the other companies seemed to clear the steering shaft without kinking the tube. I've been modding mustangs since 1994 and the only thing I can say from experience is Mac ftw
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:31 PM   #149
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

( OR MAYBE NOT) was right

I'm wondering if the people that own the company are aware of all the defective items being sent out the door. If they did follow some of these forums they would learn a lot about their products.
Ronnie
Old 06-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

I haven't had a chance to take any good clips sorry guys I been so busy!!

Here's a lil somethin somethin tho!

http://youtu.be/R14gDG4GrnQ
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Soo... Turns out I have the same problem as siber and my headers have bad welds. I'm could hear it as I accelerated and this is really frustrating to be honest. The guys at am were very helpful but the fact that this isn't the first time it has happened to someone really bothers me. Took it to a exhaust shop this morning to double check and I am correct. BBK you really need to step your game up
Old 06-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #152
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Soo... Turns out I have the same problem as siber and my headers have bad welds. I'm could hear it as I accelerated and this is really frustrating to be honest. The guys at am were very helpful but the fact that this isn't the first time it has happened to someone really bothers me. Took it to a exhaust shop this morning to double check and I am correct. BBK you really need to step your game up

Damn that sucks!! Now you have to do it again to replace them? I really wanted to buy the BBK because they are 50 state legal, now Im not sure.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Yep, at least I know all the tricks to the install but still a pain. I'm switching to the mac shorty's due to better install.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #154
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Somebody needs to inform BBK about their quality control problems

American Muscle and any other retailer's that sells BBK need to just send everything they have in stock back to BBK and then they will know what is happening to people. All the warranty crap in the world is not worth a damn when you gotta do installations all over again. Some of the people have paid shops good $$$ to install header that have to be removed and replaced.
Selling expensive crap is not good for any company's reputation. They should know better.
Ronnie
Old 06-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
That totally sucks! I did the install for my bbk and would hate to have to do it again, it was a pain in the ***. Good decision to go with the Macs. If or when I go with long tubes it won't be with bbk again that's for sure! Does Mac also make a catted and off road x?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #156
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
That totally sucks! I did the install for my bbk and would hate to have to do it again, it was a pain in the ***. Good decision to go with the Macs. If or when I go with long tubes it won't be with bbk again that's for sure! Does Mac also make a catted and off road x?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

You should try the Mac Pro-Chamber.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Hey guys so I called American muscle to look into getting my bad headers replaced, and as usual the customer service was great and now I'm looking at the mac ceramic shorty headers. But also I told them I'm not the first with quality control issues from bbk, so I've been searches through the forums trying to find all the post regarding bad bbk products ex bad welds causing exhaust leaks/rust. SOO if any of you guys had problems with your bbk headers reply to this post and I'll send all the posts to AM thanks guys!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey guys so I called American muscle to look into getting my bad headers replaced, and as usual the customer service was great and now I'm looking at the mac ceramic shorty headers. But also I told them I'm not the first with quality control issues from bbk, so I've been searches through the forums trying to find all the post regarding bad bbk products ex bad welds causing exhaust leaks/rust. SOO if any of you guys had problems with your bbk headers reply to this post and I'll send all the posts to AM thanks guys!

My bbk arrived rusted and I am so scared to even think about welds cause I already have them installed.. I should of examined the welds more closely..
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Wow I might have to go with Mac shortys too

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

What do u guys think of this set up? Shortly headers bbk high flow catted x pipe, and magnaflow competition exhaust?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 06-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #160
Registered Member

Regular

I just picked up a used set of BBK shorties. Hopefully do the install in the next couple of weeks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang