Fog Light Grille Oracles - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2015, 11:32 PM   #71

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
Those are the same ones I have. The wires can be long enough. I mounted my inverters close to the headlights along the main wire bungle that comes out of the headlight light itself using two zip ties per inverter to hold them in place. If you take off the radiator shroud you will be able to see plenty of great areas to pull the wiring through.

If you can't get it worked out let me know and I will take my set up apart tomorrow and take pictures for you.
Maybe I was looking at the wrong place then, I'm not sure. I had the grille off and the cover as well and the wires didn't seem they could reach. Here's my wiring so far on the grille. If I'm having trouble again tomorrow that'd be great to see some pics of the wiring and everything.
Outhustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2015, 11:34 PM   #72
rob.james.arias

The kit I purchased came with 2 inverters. This allowed me to use one inverter per side rather than trying to use one and run both oracles to it. Do you have one or two inverters?
Old 07-18-2015, 11:35 PM   #73

Region: Florida
Very simple fix hook up two wires to red and back to make longer
rlma84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2015, 11:35 PM   #74
rob.james.arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlma84 View Post
Very simple fix hook up two wires to red and back to make longer
That too.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.james.arias View Post
The kit I purchased came with 2 inverters. This allowed me to use one inverter per side rather than trying to use one and run both oracles to it. Do you have one or two inverters?
Ah yeah. I thought they sent two in case one burnt out or something lol. I'll try that tomorrow with two.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:42 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outhustle View Post
Ah yeah. I thought they sent two in case one burnt out or something lol. I'll try that tomorrow with two.
Honestly I would just keep it the way it shows on ur pictures and save the extra inverter for spare one can handle the 2 ccfl bulbs and that way you don't have to strip wires on ur almost new car on both side headlights just run longer cable to the center from one side headlight I had ccfl on my charger and humidity will burn those inverters like crazy during rain also cold weather doesn't help that's why I went with led on my stang now so word of advice just use one for the two lights and save the extra one for spare
Old 07-18-2015, 11:45 PM   #77

Just make sure you mount the inverter on a spot that is easy to replace so you don't have to take bumper and grille every time and belive me I ran ccfl for 5 years and those inverters they burn
Old 07-18-2015, 11:55 PM   #78

Quote:
Just make sure you mount the inverter on a spot that is easy to replace so you don't have to take bumper and grille every time and belive me I ran ccfl for 5 years and those inverters they burn
Thanks for the tips. I'll see if I have any wires to extend it. I might buy some Led halos later on. So you have to remove the bumper to do the wiring?
Old 07-18-2015, 11:57 PM   #79

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. I'll see if I have any wires to extend it. I might buy some Led halos later on. So you have to remove the bumper to do the wiring?
I did my entire install without removing the bumper or grille
Old 07-19-2015, 12:06 AM   #80

Quote:
I did my entire install without removing the bumper or grille
Okay thanks. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow. I'll post again tomorrow if i need more help lol.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:07 AM   #81

Quote:
Okay thanks. Hopefully everything goes well tomorrow. I'll post again tomorrow if i need more help lol.
Cool good luck let us know anything you need
Old 07-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #82

Ok so I'm having trouble figuring out how to wire it. Here's what I'm looking at at the moment.
If someone could show me a pic or point me to the one I have to tap to that'd be great because I'm lost lol. So I just pull out the headlight plug in the 3rd picture and wire it to that?

Edit: Never mind, I think I figured it out. I was having a hard time figuring out where to thread the wire through and the inverter so it could be close to the plug to wire it. It just started raining though so I'll get back to it after it finishes or tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:41 PM   #83

Quote:
Ok so I'm having trouble figuring out how to wire it. Here's what I'm looking at at the moment.
If someone could show me a pic or point me to the one I have to tap to that'd be great because I'm lost lol. So I just pull out the headlight plug in the 3rd picture and wire it to that?

Edit: Never mind, I think I figured it out. I was having a hard time figuring out where to thread the wire through and the inverter so it could be close to the plug to wire it. It just started raining though so I'll get back to it after it finishes or tomorrow.
Pic I posted is the plug that comes out of the headlight it's the big plug ones unplugged check It it should look like the one on the picture
Old 07-19-2015, 07:43 PM   #84

Quote:
Pic I posted is the plug that comes out of the headlight it's the big plug ones unplugged check It it should look like the one on the picture
Yep thanks. I tried to wire it today, but the halos didn't come on when I did. I must have wired them wrong or something. Going to take it to friends house tomorrow that has more experience wiring stuff.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #85

Remember this is taping in to driving lights it will only be powered when tuning the car at night or if you manually turn your driving lights with the switch
Old 07-19-2015, 07:48 PM   #86

If you hook it up and just turn the car on during day light they won't come on automatically at least mine is like that I have auto headlights
Old 07-19-2015, 07:54 PM   #87

Quote:
If you hook it up and just turn the car on during day light they won't come on automatically at least mine is like that I have auto headlights
Yeah I wired them and connected the plug back into the headlight and then turned on the lights, but the halos didn't turn on, but the headlights did. I think the wire taps weren't put on right or something, don't know.

How would I have the halos turn on while the Daytime Running Lights are on? I have the auto headlights as well. I'd like them to be on at all times as long as the lights are on or set to auto.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #88

Quote:
Yeah I wired them and connected the plug back into the headlight and then turned on the lights, but the halos didn't turn on, but the headlights did. I think the wire taps weren't put on right or something, don't know.

How would I have the halos turn on while the Daytime Running Lights are on? I have the auto headlights as well. I'd like them to be on at all times as long as the lights are on or set to auto.
I tried that since I wanted to be on same time as the headlight led bars but no luck I was able to tap in to the wire that feeds the led drl but not sure how they actually work. after wiring it to the drl they would work during the day but at night they wouldn't come on so after a while playing with them decided to just tap in to driving lights and when ever I want them on during day just turn them on by the switch
The other downside about them hooked up to drl If I vas ever able to get them to work right was that one halo would turn off during the day along with the led bar when blinker on
Old 07-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #89

Quote:
I tried that since I wanted to be on same time as the headlight led bars but no luck I was able to tap in to the wire that feeds the led drl but not sure how they actually work. after wiring it to the drl they would work during the day but at night they wouldn't come on so after a while playing with them decided to just tap in to driving lights and when ever I want them on during day just turn them on by the switch
The other downside about them hooked up to drl If I vas ever able to get them to work right was that one halo would turn off during the day along with the led bar when blinker on
Okay thanks. Guess I'll wire them the same as you did. What were the wires you tapped into? 4 (purple) and 14(black)? On mine, there was no purple wire on #4.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:32 PM   #90

Quote:
Okay thanks. Guess I'll wire them the same as you did. What were the wires you tapped into? 4 (purple) and 14(black)? On mine, there was no purple wire on #4.
Pic is on post 67 of this thread I tapped the black with gray line wire and the purple with white line as shown in pic I have a 2013 gt urs 13 also?
Old 07-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #91

Quote:
Pic is on post 67 of this thread I tapped the black with gray line wire and the purple with white line as shown in pic I have a 2013 gt urs 13 also?
Oh okay thanks. Nah I have a 14 V6. I think I might have tapped into another wire which is why they didn't turn on or the taps didn't go all the way through, Not sure.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:30 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertLuis View Post
do you have any links where I can purchase the halo rings or gt grilles deletes??
I have some for sale if u want I'll let go for cheap.
It's the mmd fog light deletes if that's what ur looking for
mark09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh okay thanks. Nah I have a 14 V6. I think I might have tapped into another wire which is why they didn't turn on or the taps didn't go all the way through, Not sure.
Why not tap into the side markers? That's what I did. There on when door opens, headlights on, unlocking of car, headlights on etc
mark09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
so does the fog light stay on the whole time as the parking light does?
mustangmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #95

Region: Mississippi
How were you all able to get the 125mm halos in? Did you take the protective glass ring off?
nicweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicweezy View Post
How were you all able to get the 125mm halos in? Did you take the protective glass ring off?
Protective glass is on they are clipped between the fog light and the plastic grill
Old 09-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #97

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Protective glass is on they are clipped between the fog light and the plastic grill

I was just sending you a pm lol.. Would it be possible without fog lights? I just have the grille and halos
nicweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicweezy View Post
I was just sending you a pm lol.. Would it be possible without fog lights? I just have the grille and halos
Are you referring to something like picture on post # 4 of this thread?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:20 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I did it and several other did as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:55 AM   #100

Just curious I have a 2012 v6 mustang and just did a gt conversion front bumper the other day and was curious for a stock gt grille with out having fog lights or anything just 2 open holes will it still fit on with no issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
That Stang Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:25 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

It should fit as long as you have the right size lights. I believe for you it would be 145mm, double check it with alrefire's post above. Just gotta mount it with jbweld, gasketmaker, hotglue, ect.
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:18 AM   #102

Region: Canada
I have a 14 GT with fog lights. I've taken them off completely & cant seem to tap into the stock Fog lamp harness / wiring. I'd like to wire my Halo rings into the stock fog lamp harness so it can be turned on and off the same way as the stock fogs.

Anyone got any idea ? or a wiring diagram of the Fog lights? There was two color stripe wires and two black wires. One of the black wires was short and capped. I'll post pics later.
80KM2E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:13 PM   #103

Region: Canada

Halos to be wired into this harness:

80KM2E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80KM2E View Post

Halos to be wired into this harness:

Plug a tester to it an see what gives u 12v
Old 11-02-2015, 11:03 PM   #105
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
How much are these oracles worth?
jase33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang