Muffler Delete - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Muffler Delete

So I have a 2014 Mustang v6 and I was wondering if I just took off the stock axle back mufflers would I cause any back pressure problems and would it sound good I am running a steeda intake and 93performnce tune from Bama ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014, 12:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Don't think it's street legal
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I spent over $500 on some Magnaflow Competition (muffler delete) axle backs. I lost so much 'low end' torque i removed them a few days later. The low end torque loss was because of 'not enough' backpressure. They also sound like crap (to me), just buy a pair of nice sounding axle backs.
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I spent over $500 on some Magnaflow Competition (muffler delete) axle backs. I lost so much 'low end' torque i removed them a few days later. The low end torque loss was because of 'not enough' backpressure. They also sound like crap (to me), just buy a pair of nice sounding axle backs.

I have the pypes pype bombs muffler delete system and haven't experienced any loss of power but that's just me? Can anyone else chime in who maybe owns a muffler delete system? The reason I went this route was cause this muffler easily was like 20 pounds lighter then my stock (20lbs is a guesstimate)
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
I have the pypes pype bombs muffler delete system and haven't experienced any loss of power but that's just me? Can anyone else chime in who maybe owns a muffler delete system? The reason I went this route was cause this muffler easily was like 20 pounds lighter then my stock (20lbs is a guesstimate)
I have the Pypes pype bomb axlebacks on my 2012 3.7 and i experienced no Hp/torque loss at all. Maybe you just didn't install properly? There's no reason to lose torque, low end or otherwise by just putting a pair of axlebacks on unless you installed improperly. If anything your car will be faster since the axelbacks are 1/4 the weight of the ridiculously heavy stock mufflers.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You probably didn't install them correctly or its all in your head haha jk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea probably an instillation problem.. I avoided any problems by simply welding those bad boys on lol no leaks or anything just a louder growl.. And man these pype bombs growl lol I was running down the strip next to a 2010 gt and he rolled the window down and was like is that a V8 lol I was like na all V6 baby! I need to by me my v6 badge.. Maybe next week
Old 05-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea probably an instillation problem.. I avoided any problems by simply welding those bad boys on lol no leaks or anything just a louder growl.. And man these pype bombs growl lol I was running down the strip next to a 2010 gt and he rolled the window down and was like is that a V8 lol I was like na all V6 baby! I need to by me my v6 badge.. Maybe next week
gotten nothing but compliments on my pype bombs as well! for half the price of other AB's I am so happy with them. Ordering shorty headers and a cut and clamp FR x pipe next week, it'll sound beautiful.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
gotten nothing but compliments on my pype bombs as well! for half the price of other AB's I am so happy with them. Ordering shorty headers and a cut and clamp FR x pipe next week, it'll sound beautiful.

Nice!! That's my next investment.. I have the axel back, CIA, tuner and next is either the shorties or throttle body.. Then one piece drive shaft, 4.10 gears.. And then save for a turbo let me know how the shorties are cause I really Donno Which I should go with first.. Throttle body or shorties.. I heard the x pipe makes it raspier? True or not? I have my factory H right now and love the tone
Old 05-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice!! That's my next investment.. I have the axel back, CIA, tuner and next is either the shorties or throttle body.. Then one piece drive shaft, 4.10 gears.. And then save for a turbo let me know how the shorties are cause I really Donno Which I should go with first.. Throttle body or shorties.. I heard the x pipe makes it raspier? True or not? I have my factory H right now and love the tone
Will do! The only reason I am going with the FR x pipe is because it's cheap and I like modding my car lol. I also want to widen the exhaust up a bit instead of going with a full catback system I'll have the axlebacks, x pipe, and the shorty headers. if the sound is raspy I will just take it off I guess.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
You won't loose lose HP/tq.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I have the Pypes pype bomb axlebacks on my 2012 3.7 and i experienced no Hp/torque loss at all. Maybe you just didn't install properly? There's no reason to lose torque, low end or otherwise by just putting a pair of axlebacks on unless you installed improperly. If anything your car will be faster since the axelbacks are 1/4 the weight of the ridiculously heavy stock mufflers.
Actually loosing low and mid range torque and HP are a common thing when removing Back Pressure from the 3.7, Long Tubes, Muffler deletes, no mufflers ETC... all take away from the low end while giving a little more at the top of the RPM scale
I had the same A/B as David did on mine and noticed a loss in the low end also. So it is not just him. It was bad enough you had to down shift on a couple of hills on the freeway since the car was picking up speed that bad resuming cruise, and this is something it did not do with the stock mufflers or my current setup.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get the lethal performance off road h-pipe with roush axle back and a ghost cam it's the best sound a 3.7 can make

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 05-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I have the Pypes Mid Muffler Catback. I didn't notice any loss at all, quite the opposite. Then again, mine is a catback versus just some mufflers.

Any power loss from a chambered muffler going to a straight through design is likely so minuscule you can't feel it normally.

This guy makes some nice points, it's about finding a balance: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-mufflers.html
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I have the Pypes Mid Muffler Catback. I didn't notice any loss at all, quite the opposite. Then again, mine is a catback versus just some mufflers.

Any power loss from a chambered muffler going to a straight through design is likely so minuscule you can't feel it normally.

This guy makes some nice points, it's about finding a balance: Exhaust Theory – Straight Through Mufflers vs. Chamber Mufflers - 6speedonline.com Forums
Running a Turbo is a totally different animal, the turbo creates back pressure without having any exhaust behind it, but the points about the Chambered VS Straight through is a something we deal with for sound quality, tinny VS throaty ETC....
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang