Muffler Delete - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
G3racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 163
Muffler Delete

So I have a 2014 Mustang v6 and I was wondering if I just took off the stock axle back mufflers would I cause any back pressure problems and would it sound good I am running a steeda intake and 93performnce tune from Bama ,
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 Manual
AMR Charcoal Wheel & NITTO Tire Kit - 20x8.5
G3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-18-2014, 12:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Laquisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,279
Don't think it's street legal
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
David Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,005
I spent over $500 on some Magnaflow Competition (muffler delete) axle backs. I lost so much 'low end' torque i removed them a few days later. The low end torque loss was because of 'not enough' backpressure. They also sound like crap (to me), just buy a pair of nice sounding axle backs.
__________________
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I spent over $500 on some Magnaflow Competition (muffler delete) axle backs. I lost so much 'low end' torque i removed them a few days later. The low end torque loss was because of 'not enough' backpressure. They also sound like crap (to me), just buy a pair of nice sounding axle backs.

I have the pypes pype bombs muffler delete system and haven't experienced any loss of power but that's just me? Can anyone else chime in who maybe owns a muffler delete system? The reason I went this route was cause this muffler easily was like 20 pounds lighter then my stock (20lbs is a guesstimate)
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
I have the pypes pype bombs muffler delete system and haven't experienced any loss of power but that's just me? Can anyone else chime in who maybe owns a muffler delete system? The reason I went this route was cause this muffler easily was like 20 pounds lighter then my stock (20lbs is a guesstimate)
I have the Pypes pype bomb axlebacks on my 2012 3.7 and i experienced no Hp/torque loss at all. Maybe you just didn't install properly? There's no reason to lose torque, low end or otherwise by just putting a pair of axlebacks on unless you installed improperly. If anything your car will be faster since the axelbacks are 1/4 the weight of the ridiculously heavy stock mufflers.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
G3racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I spent over $500 on some Magnaflow Competition (muffler delete) axle backs. I lost so much 'low end' torque i removed them a few days later. The low end torque loss was because of 'not enough' backpressure. They also sound like crap (to me), just buy a pair of nice sounding axle backs.
You probably didn't install them correctly or its all in your head haha jk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 Manual
AMR Charcoal Wheel & NITTO Tire Kit - 20x8.5
G3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I spent over $500 on some Magnaflow Competition (muffler delete) axle backs. I lost so much 'low end' torque i removed them a few days later. The low end torque loss was because of 'not enough' backpressure. They also sound like crap (to me), just buy a pair of nice sounding axle backs.

Yea probably an instillation problem.. I avoided any problems by simply welding those bad boys on lol no leaks or anything just a louder growl.. And man these pype bombs growl lol I was running down the strip next to a 2010 gt and he rolled the window down and was like is that a V8 lol I was like na all V6 baby! I need to by me my v6 badge.. Maybe next week
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Yea probably an instillation problem.. I avoided any problems by simply welding those bad boys on lol no leaks or anything just a louder growl.. And man these pype bombs growl lol I was running down the strip next to a 2010 gt and he rolled the window down and was like is that a V8 lol I was like na all V6 baby! I need to by me my v6 badge.. Maybe next week
gotten nothing but compliments on my pype bombs as well! for half the price of other AB's I am so happy with them. Ordering shorty headers and a cut and clamp FR x pipe next week, it'll sound beautiful.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
gotten nothing but compliments on my pype bombs as well! for half the price of other AB's I am so happy with them. Ordering shorty headers and a cut and clamp FR x pipe next week, it'll sound beautiful.

Nice!! That's my next investment.. I have the axel back, CIA, tuner and next is either the shorties or throttle body.. Then one piece drive shaft, 4.10 gears.. And then save for a turbo let me know how the shorties are cause I really Donno Which I should go with first.. Throttle body or shorties.. I heard the x pipe makes it raspier? True or not? I have my factory H right now and love the tone
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Nice!! That's my next investment.. I have the axel back, CIA, tuner and next is either the shorties or throttle body.. Then one piece drive shaft, 4.10 gears.. And then save for a turbo let me know how the shorties are cause I really Donno Which I should go with first.. Throttle body or shorties.. I heard the x pipe makes it raspier? True or not? I have my factory H right now and love the tone
Will do! The only reason I am going with the FR x pipe is because it's cheap and I like modding my car lol. I also want to widen the exhaust up a bit instead of going with a full catback system I'll have the axlebacks, x pipe, and the shorty headers. if the sound is raspy I will just take it off I guess.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
FastFord13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Montreal
Region: Canada
Posts: 4,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
I have the pypes pype bombs muffler delete system and haven't experienced any loss of power but that's just me? Can anyone else chime in who maybe owns a muffler delete system? The reason I went this route was cause this muffler easily was like 20 pounds lighter then my stock (20lbs is a guesstimate)
You won't loose lose HP/tq.

2013 V6, Candy Apple Metallic.
Gt500 spoiler, Gt500 stripes,2010 Gt premium wheels, Pirelli tires,Painted side mirrors covers,Upper and lower black billet grille,Pony projection lights,Boss 302 strut tower brace, SR lowering springs, Barton shifter bracket,Airaid Cai,Bama tuned,BBK shorty headers,Roush AB, 3.73 Ford racing gears.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I have the Pypes pype bomb axlebacks on my 2012 3.7 and i experienced no Hp/torque loss at all. Maybe you just didn't install properly? There's no reason to lose torque, low end or otherwise by just putting a pair of axlebacks on unless you installed improperly. If anything your car will be faster since the axelbacks are 1/4 the weight of the ridiculously heavy stock mufflers.
Actually loosing low and mid range torque and HP are a common thing when removing Back Pressure from the 3.7, Long Tubes, Muffler deletes, no mufflers ETC... all take away from the low end while giving a little more at the top of the RPM scale
I had the same A/B as David did on mine and noticed a loss in the low end also. So it is not just him. It was bad enough you had to down shift on a couple of hills on the freeway since the car was picking up speed that bad resuming cruise, and this is something it did not do with the stock mufflers or my current setup.
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
G3racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylg86 View Post
Nice!! That's my next investment.. I have the axel back, CIA, tuner and next is either the shorties or throttle body.. Then one piece drive shaft, 4.10 gears.. And then save for a turbo let me know how the shorties are cause I really Donno Which I should go with first.. Throttle body or shorties.. I heard the x pipe makes it raspier? True or not? I have my factory H right now and love the tone
Get the lethal performance off road h-pipe with roush axle back and a ghost cam it's the best sound a 3.7 can make

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 Manual
AMR Charcoal Wheel & NITTO Tire Kit - 20x8.5
G3racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
JoeyM91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Shawnee
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,840
I have the Pypes Mid Muffler Catback. I didn't notice any loss at all, quite the opposite. Then again, mine is a catback versus just some mufflers.

Any power loss from a chambered muffler going to a straight through design is likely so minuscule you can't feel it normally.

This guy makes some nice points, it's about finding a balance: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-mufflers.html
__________________
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I have the Pypes Mid Muffler Catback. I didn't notice any loss at all, quite the opposite. Then again, mine is a catback versus just some mufflers.

Any power loss from a chambered muffler going to a straight through design is likely so minuscule you can't feel it normally.

This guy makes some nice points, it's about finding a balance: Exhaust Theory – Straight Through Mufflers vs. Chamber Mufflers - 6speedonline.com Forums
Running a Turbo is a totally different animal, the turbo creates back pressure without having any exhaust behind it, but the points about the Chambered VS Straight through is a something we deal with for sound quality, tinny VS throaty ETC....
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
muffler or no muffler that is the question.. UGAKIDD7 General Mustang Discussion 3 10-12-2013 08:44 PM
Muffler Delete MustangGT02 1996-2004 Mustang GT 21 11-15-2011 07:30 PM
Question about 05-09 Mustang Muffler, is this a GT muffler? ramzi General Mustang Discussion 1 03-17-2010 09:04 PM
Muffler Delete pipes JamesCB57 2005-2010 Mustang GT 12 12-21-2008 05:13 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.